Lenihan on Newstalk now 17/11/2010

Holy Cow

Expect more of the same, i.e. "I do not accept that", "its not a bailout", "Its the international media's fault", "nothing to do with me", "NAMA is working", "NAMA is the only show in town", "Nothing to do with FF",etc etc.

He wont be getting the easy ride he normally gets on RTE.

Holy Cow

First lie, "The banks have adequate funding".

jimmyfour

If only it was 7 years ago and McWilliams was still on his morning Newstalk slot. Had to get rid of him quickly to keep the circus going I suppose.

Limestone

Just listened to him on newstalk - the talks brim tomorrow. Four year plan by end of month. Budget will be on 7th Dec. It sounds like he's angling for a bailout fund to be created which we will only Tap when we have to. He's fighting mire than Biffo last night but the endgame is near.

Holy Cow

Oh now he does not like a reference to Lehmans. LOL.

an innocent abroad

Pat cox is right, they are lying through their teeth, they are treating the Irish people like fxxkxxg mushrooms! keeping them in the dark and throwing sxxi at them. Charge them under the offences against the state, we are now a commodity of the markets! we are the junk bonds of europe!

inthemire

If Market conditions are impacting upon irish banks abiltiy to survive/operate properly, surely the same market conditions apply to all other banks - UK, French, German, Portuguese, etc etc??

Or is this too simplistic??

inthemire

IF ITS A EUROPEAN PROBLEM, aren't all other banks in the same problem area?

I TOLD you he'd get an easy ride!!! Ivan doesn't understand it either!!

inthemire

Newstalk need to have an economist/financial expert standing by to ask the hard questions, or to reveal the spin/untruth/falsehoods being spoken every day.

Holy Cow

Denial, denial, denial and more denial.

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
Newstalk need to have an economist/financial expert standing by to ask the hard questions, or to reveal the spin/untruth/falsehoods being spoken every day.
Fianna Fail don't do debates.

Marcos the black

Glad we took the "cheapest bank bailout in the world". Wouldn't like to see the expensive option...

Legacy

Ivan Yates just said (commenting on his interview with Brian Lenihan) I didnt want to fight with the Minister on air...!!!! He said he clearly didnt believe him but didnt want to challenge him! What the heck are you being paid for Ivan :mad:

Shame on you Ivan - many people would have given their right hand to have an opportunity to challenge the lies publicly and nail Lenihans colours to the wall. Very, very disappointing. Public journalism my ass :mad:

New Threads

Most Replies