• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Lenihan wants 'secret' NAMA committee

DCon

THE Government is considering forming a confidential Oireachtas commission that would oversee NAMA's multi-billion euro work.

Finance Minister Brian Lenihan has made it known he would like a special commission to be created that would share information of a sensitive and confidential nature.

However, the commission would not sit in public, as the information being discussed is deemed commercially sensitive.
But Labour's finance spokeswoman Joan Burton said it would be more appropriate to simply appoint independent experts who do not have any vested interests.

"I doubt that the political parties would wish to be hampered with being able to make general points about policies in relation to NAMA," Ms Burton said.
Lenihan wants 'secret' NAMA committee - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

FakeViking

I nominate Beverly Flynn, Ray Burke, Hazel Lawlor, Frank Fahey, Celia Larkin, Tom Parlon, Michael Lowry and myself (I'd wear a wire).

Cassandra Syndrome

NAMA is a pandora's box. A convenient dustbin to hide all the shady loans that would expose politicians, bankers, developers, solicitors and accountants as the tide went out. Think about, why is Liam Carroll being funded to finish across the line in time?

DCon

I nominate Beverly Flynn, Ray Burke, Hazel Lawlor, Frank Fahey, Celia Larkin, Tom Parlon, Michael Lowry and myself (I'd wear a wire).
Surely the liar Ahern is worthy of a seat?

FakeViking

The Perjurer deserves a seat all right. The only question is whether the room that contains the seat has in-cell sanitation or not.

Cassandra Syndrome

No it's not. When all else was gone, Pandora's box had hope. NAMA is hopeless.
OK, then. How about this for a metaphor to describe it. Brian Cowen's lower Colon?

Captain Con O'Sullivan

I'm not surprised they want the details of oversight and governance confidential.

(A) This is Fianna Fail we are talking about

(B) They don't want the owners of the money they are splurging looking over their shoulder

(C) More room for maneouvre.

How would this affect FOI requests I wonder? If they intend to block access for FOI requests then I'm afraid ladies and gentlemen these people need reminding who owns this poor little ramshackle Republic.

Digout

Commercially sensitive my hole. And only 2000 went to the protest on Saturday. This place is finished. The clowns who chose to live here deserve what they get.

Sync

I'd fully agree with Joan Burton; independent, experienced people should be given the role of oversight here, not TDs.

Hal

Commercially sensitive my hole. And only 2000 went to the protest on Saturday. This place is finished. The clowns who chose to live here deserve what they get.
Have you recovered from the "fireworks exploding in your pocket episode"?

ang

Best give it to Rody Molloy,seems there is no getting rid of him.

Clanrickard

Have you recovered from the "fireworks exploding in your pocket episode"?
So you still don't think there is anything untoward going on with this whole NAMA thing? Even a teensy weensy bit?

DCon

So you still don't think there is anything untoward going on with this whole NAMA thing? Even a teensy weensy bit?
Hal/Tonys is on the FF payroll.

He believes what he is told to believe.

Hal

Not so far as I know. Not on the basis of anything in the legislation. Not on the basis of anything Lenihan has said & not on the basis of anything NAMA have said.

I'm addicted to facts, I can't explain it, it's just the way I am.

Hal

Can you not find any other way of explaining to yourself why someone would disagree with you.

Clanrickard

I'm addicted to facts, I can't explain it, it's just the way I am.
I can understand that addiction, I have it to. But I am also addicted to another thing, Transparency. Without it we do not know what the facts are. Given the track record of chicanery that FF has, I am sure you understand that until we see what is going on, as opposed to taking Lenihan's word for it, we need to sceptical.

goosebump

Its says a lot about the quality of your argument that your response is based who a poster is and the absurd notion that people are being paid to post on politics.ie.

Its also telling that the only posters who resort to this are opposed to NAMA.

If you can't oppose NAMA based on the vast of amounts of informed discussion that have taken place on the subject, what's the point in posting at all?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies