Leo "not properly Irish"?

McTell

Twitter
No

I heard this earlier.... ffs, how many of us row a curragh to work every day, wear an aran gansy, speak fluent irish to perfection, swill back 12 pints of an evening and still manage to book a box at an all-ireland final (at a discount)?

You could say the same of the pearse brothers... irish mother. But this is SF and they are always right 2% of the time:

“Speaking on an earlier episode of his No Shame podcast Cllr Holohan said: “It bugs me to death to understand that he leads this country.

“He’s so separated, not even from society now, but he’s so separated from the history of this country.

“Now listen, I’m for immigration, I’m for bringing people into the country. I love meeting new nations.

“Mostly what you’ll get is people turning up in this country motivated.

“Motivated for a new start, motivated for a new go at it. I love meeting these people.

Leo Varadkar’s blood obviously runs to India. His great-grandfather is not part of the history of this country. Now Leo obviously is.

“He’s an Irish citizen but his passion doesn’t go back to the times when our passion goes back to.”

Councillor Holohan didn’t stop there, either:

He said: “We need people running the country — and not against Leo — but to me, I want a family man running the country.

Someone that knows what it’s like to have kids, maybe hopefully boys and girls, so when you’re creating the policies and stuff that’s going to go on, that you’re like right, it makes sense.

“I know what it’s like to collect my young fella from school so I know what school time traffic is like, so when I’m making a decision I have experience and bring it to the equation.

“Leo as a person, we talked last week that he had the potential to be one of the greatest leaders ever, but if you pick out people in the country: the man that is a family man that goes to work, looks after his kids, has come up through the system, has experience, maybe is a solicitor as well so has that experience, that’s who should be running the country.

“Someone who knows what the masses of people are going through.”

🤮

Mickeymac

SF Obsessiveness on here has now reached epidemic proportions from our usual suspects, thankfully an election is in the offing and folk can decide for themselves if I am correct, which, of course, will be determined when the votes are counted.

I would also urge voters NOT to believe a word of SF involvement in climate change and the fires raging in Australia. 😂

Talk Back

I heard this earlier.... ffs, how many of us row a curragh to work every day, wear an aran gansy, speak fluent irish to perfection, swill back 12 pints of an evening and still manage to book a box at an all-ireland final (at a discount)?

You could say the same of the pearse brothers... irish mother. But this is SF and they are always right 2% of the time:

“Speaking on an earlier episode of his No Shame podcast Cllr Holohan said: “It bugs me to death to understand that he leads this country.

“He’s so separated, not even from society now, but he’s so separated from the history of this country.

“Now listen, I’m for immigration, I’m for bringing people into the country. I love meeting new nations.

“Mostly what you’ll get is people turning up in this country motivated.

“Motivated for a new start, motivated for a new go at it. I love meeting these people.

Leo Varadkar’s blood obviously runs to India. His great-grandfather is not part of the history of this country. Now Leo obviously is.

“He’s an Irish citizen but his passion doesn’t go back to the times when our passion goes back to.”

Councillor Holohan didn’t stop there, either:

He said: “We need people running the country — and not against Leo — but to me, I want a family man running the country.

Someone that knows what it’s like to have kids, maybe hopefully boys and girls, so when you’re creating the policies and stuff that’s going to go on, that you’re like right, it makes sense.

“I know what it’s like to collect my young fella from school so I know what school time traffic is like, so when I’m making a decision I have experience and bring it to the equation.

“Leo as a person, we talked last week that he had the potential to be one of the greatest leaders ever, but if you pick out people in the country: the man that is a family man that goes to work, looks after his kids, has come up through the system, has experience, maybe is a solicitor as well so has that experience, that’s who should be running the country.

🤮
If the only bit of Leo that was Irish was his elbow - he'd still be more of an Irish person than you.

Buchaill Dana

Of all the reasons one could criticize Varadkar, and he opts for the racist one...
A kernel of a point was there about the aloofness of this government, remember its a few of their first jobs, and this clearly translates into the arrogance we see. But what a special way to deliver it.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Bit of a comedian, is Councillor Holohan.

the man that is a family man that goes to work, looks after his kids, has come up through the system, has experience, maybe is a solicitor as well so has that experience

I admire in one way his faith in the legal profession but if he is going to continue in politics he's going to have to stop assuming best intent.

Half Nelson

Varadkar's focus is on himself.
His party is focussed on Dublin.
The homeless and the sick are focussed on survival.
The young people are focussed on affording a home.
Businesses are focussed on getting insurance cover.

When you vote remember to focus on what matters.

Mickeymac

Maybe, just maybe, one day folks will stop to think, take what you have said above.....BEFORE.....they enter the polling booths.

Talk Back

He did a good job following Sinn Fein's lead as far as Ireland north and south is concerned during Britain's withdrawal from the EU.

We are lucky we didn't have Fianna Fail in power - that's for sure.

Half Nelson

He did a good job looking out for Ireland north and south during Britain's withdrawal from the EU.

We are lucky we didn't have Fianna Fail in power - that's for sure.
He did as he was told.
There's no evidence that Varadkar is independent minded. If anything, he shows himself to be self-centred and eager to avoid responsibility.

Talk Back

He did as he was told.
There's no evidence that Varadkar is independent minded. If anything, he shows himself to be self-centred and eager to avoid responsibility.
By Sinn Fein - it was SF that did the initial running on the north.

Enda went along with it - getting the EU to agree automatic re-entry of the 6 counties into the EU following the upcoming reunification of Ireland was big.

The vote in the north is now not just about the reunification of our country - but is also a vote for the 6 counties to rejoin the EU.

Very helpful.

Mickeymac

By Sinn Fein - it was SF that did the initial running on the north.

Enda went along with it - getting the EU to agree automatic re-entry of the 6 counties into the EU following the upcoming reunification of Ireland was big.

The vote in the north is now not just about the reunification of our country - but is also a vote for the 6 counties to rejoin the EU.

Very helpful.

The EU, with all due respect, stood by the Irish people North and South who declared democratically their wish to remain in the EU, to this day, they respect that, even though the last 2 British governments done nothing but undermine it, until the new withdrawel agreement....which many believe....the British, as usual will renege on.

DJP

Website
darrenjprior.blogspot.com
Twitter
https://twitter.com/DarrenJPrior
until the new withdrawel agreement....which many believe....the British, as usual will renege on.
They'll only renege on it if Phil Hogan and the other EU officials/representatives tasked with dealing with the trade agreement play hard ball unnecessarily with the British.

Talk Back

They'll only renege on it if Phil Hogan and the other EU officials/representatives tasked with dealing with the trade agreement play hard ball unnecessarily with the British.
How can they though? It's a stand alone 'International Treaty'.

DJP

Website
Twitter
How can they though? It's a stand alone 'International Treaty'.
I'm talking about the negotiations leading upto the signing and enactment of the treaty. If the EU side don't treat the British Govt. favourably on it then I can see Boris Johnson not signing it and reneging on the Withdrawal Agreement leading to the hardest of hard borders which many Unionists would prefer in Ireland.

That said IF it's going to be agreed before the end of the year it should be a fairly basic treaty so hopefully it goes well and there is not cause for worry, despite some comments from Phil Hogans in recent months.

midlander12

Bit of a comedian, is Councillor Holohan.

the man that is a family man that goes to work, looks after his kids, has come up through the system, has experience, maybe is a solicitor as well so has that experience

I admire in one way his faith in the legal profession but if he is going to continue in politics he's going to have to stop assuming best intent.
He might need them, I suppose.

DJP

Website
Twitter
If the only bit of Leo that was Irish was his elbow - he'd still be more of an Irish person than you.
Given his posting history TB, I find it very difficult to even contemplate disagreeing with you on that one.(y)
They're awful untrue and crude comments. You give your party/the party you support SF a bad name in saying some other Irish people are not Irish people because they disagree with you politically. Paddy was highly offensive in his comments about Leo Varadkar and now here are you both reconfirming to other posters/readers on this site that there is that kind of a personally offensive and crude element in your party.

blinding

Leo is Irish alright . He is Upper Class Irish with that Sneering that You get from the Upper Class .
Leo has nothing in Common with what he sees as the Commoners.

Leo will soon be off on the Lecturing Circuit. Thats his game.

Baron von Biffo

[...]

🤮
Not a lot different from the sentiments of his party leader a year ago.

Hopefully she won't sue me for drawing attention to that.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies