Leo Varadkar’s decision to attend a gay pride event in Belfast on Saturday :

McSlaggart

"A DUP former minister has criticised Taoiseach Leo Varadkar’s decision to attend a gay pride event in Belfast on Saturday.

Nelson McCausland, a senior party member who was a minister in two executive departments, criticised the Fine Gael leader.

“Many unionists will have a concern that Leo Varadkar is Taoiseach of the Irish Republic, his responsibilities are south of the border and they will find it odd if he starts to interfere, as in some ways he already has done, in what is a social issue in Northern Ireland around the redefinition of marriage,” Mr McCausland said."

DUP's Nelson McCausland criticises Leo Varadkar gay pride decision - The Irish News

I almost feel sorry for Mr Mc Causland having to put up with people parading in Belfast :p

L'Chaim

Well that's going to send out a message. Wouldn't it be great if some political leaders from England, Wales and Scotland, who also support gay marriage, were to attend.

Analyzer

LV on a pr stunt.

Unfortunately the same attention seeking twat also has a serious responsibility to fulfil - namely to run a government of debt ridden country.

He has nothing to say about the Moriarty Tribunal. Or about media oligarchs. Or about debt.

The same LV was a minister for health and talked as if he were an opposition TD.

There is a real problem with LV.

And it is this. LV IS USELESS !!!!

Congalltee

Gay and lesbian and miscellaneous Irish citizens north of the border are entitled to support of the Taoiseach of the nation.

Spanner Island

If there wasn't any opposition to this from the DUP I'd be surprised.

Feck 'em... egg shells have been trodden on for far too long around the DUP and their ilk.

They need to get with the 21st century and adopt more of a live and let live attitude instead of trying to dictate how everyone should live.

I reckon they know they f***ed up with regards to Brexit too... acting against the majority of NI voters who voted... and that the Tories have them over a barrel now...

Unsurprising that they're not missing any opportunity to have a bit of a fit about anything that crops up at the moment...

Regarding Leo... I couldn't care less whether he attends or not... although I'm sure there will be many in the LGBT community in NI who will appreciate it...

Ó Ghabhainn

Some say he has a book by his bedside entitled "101 Ways to Piss Off the DUP"...

Analyzer

I suspect he is trying to drive a wedge between the Tories and the DUP.

In other words, instead of fulfilling his responsibility to the people paying him his obscene salary, LV is running around like the gofer of Brussels. His objective being to serve the same interests that pyshed us into bailing out the "unsecured private sector bondholdrrs".

It is like as if LV is Juncker's puppet in Kildare Street.

Analyzer

All the DUP need to do is mention the Moriarty Tribunal......

A story about a bent politician and s bent business....

Henry94.

With Michael Martin becoming a virtual unionist under the influence of Eoughan Harris Leo is possibly making a play for people who would not traditionally supported FG but like his straight talking approach to the DUP.

Socratus O' Pericles

I wonder what Listowel Man thinks?

Congalltee

The word "bent" is an interesting choice. Corrupt, dodgy, fraudulent, unscrupulous, crooked were overlooked.

Analyzer

With Michael Martin becoming a virtual unionist under the influence of Eoughan Harris Leo is possibly making a play for people who would not traditionally supported FG but like his straight talking approach to the DUP.
Yes. Mehole believes in the Empire. He is a big fan of imperialism.

The nEU empire !!!!!!

Analyzer

Analyzer

The word "bent" is an interesting choice. Corrupt, dodgy, fraudulent, unscrupulous, crooked were overlooked.
Exactly. These characteristics are essentislly towards doing well at the nexus of business and politics.

And we are more tolerant than ever in this regard.

Spanner Island

I suspect he is trying to drive a wedge between the Tories and the DUP.

In other words, instead of fulfilling his responsibility to the people paying him his obscene salary, LV is running around like the gofer of Brussels. His objective being to serve the same interests that pyshed us into bailing out the "unsecured private sector bondholdrrs".

It is like as if LV is Juncker's puppet in Kildare Street.

Haven't encountered you for a while Analyzer...

Can't say I've missed you either.

You're very tedious and have been for a long while now.

You never make any suggestion that is in any way constructive... imo

Dunno what happened you at all at all.

Analyzer

Uncalled for , shame on you .
I am taking the p1ss out of corruption between politics and business. I am not trying to offend LGBT.

I am also attacking FG for facilitating this.

Mushroom

The same LV was a minister for health and talked as if he were an opposition TD.
Someone on a brain-share scheme with a vole wouldn't easily grasp this, but the fact is that every Minister for Health is in opposition - to the many vested interests in the Health Sector.

Top of the pile come Whinger Doran and the IHCA; then you've got almost every other Union in the country. Next comes every TD and Councillor (government and opposition) with a hospital in their bailiwick. And finally you've got the great unwashed - the potential users of the services.

Answering intelligent PQs from Meehawl, or stupid ones from the likes of Smirker, Adams, Eamo Ryan etc. must be a complete cake walk after spending time in what Biffo correctly described as "Angola".

Back to the subject of this thread. If Leo annoys the Doopers by flaunting his booty at the Shirtlifters' Parade then the boy is doing well.

statsman

"A DUP former minister has criticised Taoiseach Leo Varadkar’s decision to attend a gay pride event in Belfast on Saturday.

Nelson McCausland, a senior party member who was a minister in two executive departments, criticised the Fine Gael leader.

“Many unionists will have a concern that Leo Varadkar is Taoiseach of the Irish Republic, his responsibilities are south of the border and they will find it odd if he starts to interfere, as in some ways he already has done, in what is a social issue in Northern Ireland around the redefinition of marriage,” Mr McCausland said."

DUP's Nelson McCausland criticises Leo Varadkar gay pride decision - The Irish News

I almost feel sorry for Mr Mc Causland having to put up with people parading in Belfast :p
But, but, but, but aren't FG the DUP's RoI branch?

Nice to see the old 'certainties' melt away. Good on Leo, say I. (And I don't agree with a lot of his policy positions.)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies