• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Let Us be Oirish and Welcome the World

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
The Americans push their tourist attractions shamelessly. Flashy Las Vegas, Childish Disneyland, Big holes in the ground, and wonderful Graceland. :)
The Brits their ancient blood curdling history, castles,Palaces, Royalty and landed gentry country estates.
Red buses!

Our beautiful green buses, telephone and post office boxes were seen here as too Oirish.
So what!
That's what a great many tourist come to see.

Are we the only country attempting to hide our marvellous history and all the stuff that made us so lovable to tourists? Time to rethink outmoded 'modern' ideas and make Ireland a magnet.

Right so, no more Irish Times models, most of them no good, at all, at all.

nationalsday

We could pretend that we are in Ancient Greece with all of the lovely white plastic Doric and Ionic columns fronting almost evey house in our beautiful countryside

dizillusioned

The Americans push their tourist attractions shamelessly. Flashy Las Vegas, Childish Disneyland, Big holes in the ground, and wonderful Graceland. :)
The Brits their ancient blood curdling history, castles,Palaces, Royalty and landed gentry country estates.
Red buses!

Our beautiful green buses, telephone and post office boxes were seen here as too Oirish.
So what!

Are we the only country attempting to hide our marvellous history and all the stuff that made us so lovable to tourists? Time to rethink outmoded 'modern' ideas and make Ireland a magnet.

I cannot remember the last time I saw an American tourist advertisement on irish television, yet I see Irish adverts on American TV all the time. Not sure where you see them pushing their flashy tourists attractions Maurice?

sport02

Red buses!

So what!

Speaking of Americans, the senior editor of the Huffington Post has been tweeting about
his vacation in Ireland. Below is a link from one of his tweets about Galway.
Nice to see an Irish friendly welcome.

Hey friends, more... | Facebook

mcdonald douglas

I must say the quality of the discourse here leave a lot to be desired.How should a gentleman such as myself debate with people who talk in riddles.I shall now adjourn to my study and have a fine cognac as I lament the lack of intellectual equals to debate with me.

MariaMcN

I cannot remember the last time I saw an American tourist advertisement on irish television, yet I see Irish adverts on American TV all the time. Not sure where you see them pushing their flashy tourists attractions Maurice?
I've seen ads for Disneyland and California. Practically the whole of TV and mainstream film is one big ad for the US.

westernyelp

I see the old inferiority complex is becoming evident again, The gathering or any tourism campaign can be a great thing, There is no shame in relieving any tourist of their Dollars, Pounds or whatever, as long as we show them a good time in return, make them feel welcome, entertained and looked after. take all their money, but let them leave happy and glad they spent it. that way everybody wins..

Last edited:

Popular Threads

Most Replies