Lets deport the poor

ne0ica

My qualm with this is that you are moving poor people to areas with existing high levels of disadvantage or high unemployment.

For example those Syrian refugees who the professional Left claim all need to be allowed to start a new life in Ireland. What employment opportunities will exist for them in Roscommon?

Black Swan

My qualm with this is that you are moving poor people to areas with existing high levels of disadvantage or high unemployment.

For example those Syrian refugees who the professional Left claim all need to be allowed to start a new life in Ireland. What employment opportunities will exist for them in Roscommon?
They're good at breeding.

Could always start up a sausage factory.

tsarbomb

EU funded? Who funds the EU again?

On housing in Dublin it would be far easier to just reduce the cost of building. Reducing vat and development levies would be a good place to start.

Developers need more than

Another thing they should do is to bring back bedsits.

tsarbomb

Ireland has for a long time been deporting its poor. Especially in the 40s 50s and sixties. All their descendents are now speaking with Cockney accents and are more English than the English themselves.
It's funny though that more British people have to come and work in Ireland than Irish in Britain.

Gwannow

What an hillarious almost 300 year old piece of excellent writing.
I had a fool of a Christian Brother in primary school who thought Swift was serious. He railed against him for that wonderful essay. We were terrified at the thought.

GDPR

It's funny though that more British people have to come and work in Ireland than Irish in Britain.
The Southern part of Ireland is in many ways a nicer place to live than England (they I do also England).

Felixness

Simple solutions would be

Deport all those who have failed asylum claims, immediately.
Deport all non EU citizens living in Social Housing.
Stop housing the long time unemployed/won't work to warm myself types living in cities.

It's time to accept that there's no legitimate reason to keep paying for Social housing for the poor or unemployed in cities. Many working people can't afford to live in cities and rural areas are having schools shut because their aren't enough kids to justify keeping them open. Simply relocate people who don't work because they won't work to more rural areas. That would free up a huge amount of properties and that reduction might lead to a drop in rent costs.

It's absurd to have taxpayer money spent on housing bogus non EU migrants and long term unemployed in cities when people that we need who work in Front Line services are having to commute to work.

Nesuno

Lets deport the quangocrats, Montrose Millionaires, Tax Non Dom Billionaires and other rich plutocrats trying to screw the working people. Every last little Bonox. AIB directors and Anglo Banglo directors. Plus the other dithering drunk from Drumcondra & Offaly.
I would be open to this just as long as we can seize their their financial and material assets. and redirect them towards the essential services for people.

TheWolf

The professional left?
It's Fine Gael who are bringing them in, 4,000 of them.
At a time when we have over 7,000 people (2,500 of them children) living out of suitcases in dodgy hotel rooms.

Bubbleheaded

There's a simple solution to helping Ireland's poor, and making our economy the best in the world at the same time.

I have it on very good authority, from numerous liberal posters on here, that all those sub-saharan African "refugees" are going to contribute a net gain to the economy. Therefore, we should send any Irish person who is not contributing to the economy to north Africa for a few months training. The cost should be minimal, and, if uneducated, illiterate, non-English-speaking Africans can be net contributors to the Irish economy, then the well-educated, English-speaking, Irish who come back from here should be absolute economic miracles. Problem solved.

Now some of you may ask "If these "refugees" are going to be such a great contributor to the economy, why the hell are all the countries they are leaving economic black holes?" and believe me, it's a question I have asked too. Apparently the answer is something to do with white imperialism, so it's not anything we need worry about.

Nesuno

The professional left?
It's Fine Gael who are bringing them in, 4,000 of them.
At a time when we have over 7,000 people (2,500 of them children) living out of suitcases in dodgy hotel rooms.
The FG/Tory/UUP (anyone remember Kenny going up north to support the UUP a few elections back?) have being following a policy started by the FF/PD/G coalition of removing real power and assets from the people and putting it in the hands of the elite few. Homelessness long waiting periods in hospital emergency wards for the lower classes are just collateral damage. This policy will continue as long as there is enough people willing to support the Elite, on the promise that "someday" they will be one of them. The proverbial carrot in front of the donkey syndrome.

Those who are out of the loop are kept down by a deliberate lack of educational opportunities. A deliberate unwillingness to tackle drug abuse. After all a sedate peasant is easier to control/ disenfranchise and ignore.

While there is criminal behaviour at every level of society, being poor is not of itself a crime. There is no justification for moving a person on the basis of his or her income. This is pure wealth arrogance. It opens the door for endorsing an attitude of seeing certain people (the lesser off) as inferior, not entitled to the same rights as another. In a word Untermenschen.

This is the road this country is being brought down. Very slowly, very subtly. A social experiment. The banking crisis, and the placing of 42% of the EU's debt on 4 million people was such an experiment Ireland was ideal. The country is an island and the population is small enough to contain if things got out of hand. And our so called representatives are willingly going along with it. What they and their supporters don't realise is that they are just as expendable to destitution as the rest of us in eyes of the uber elite. But as long as our "chief" Kenny gets a little pat on his head it's all OK.

TheWolf

The FG/Tory/UUP (anyone remember Kenny going up north to support the UUP a few elections back?) have being following a policy started by the FF/PD/G coalition of removing real power and assets from the people and putting it in the hands of the elite few. Homelessness long waiting periods in hospital emergency wards for the lower classes are just collateral damage. This policy will continue as long as there is enough people willing to support the Elite, on the promise that "someday" they will be one of them. The proverbial carrot in front of the donkey syndrome.

Those who are out of the loop are kept down by a deliberate lack of educational opportunities. A deliberate unwillingness to tackle drug abuse. After all a sedate peasant is easier to control/ disenfranchise and ignore.

While there is criminal behaviour at every level of society, being poor is not of itself a crime. There is no justification for moving a person on the basis of his or her income. This is pure wealth arrogance. It opens the door for endorsing an attitude of seeing certain people (the lesser off) as inferior, not entitled to the same rights as another. In a word Untermenschen.

This is the road this country is being brought down. Very slowly, very subtly. A social experiment. The banking crisis, and the placing of 42% of the EU's debt on 4 million people was such an experiment Ireland was ideal. The country is an island and the population is small enough to contain if things got out of hand. And our so called representatives are willingly going along with it. What they and their supporters don't realise is that they are just as expendable to destitution as the rest of us in eyes of the uber elite. But as long as our "chief" Kenny gets a little pat on his head it's all OK.
Yep.
We'll look back at the last 15 years or so and hang our heads in shame.
FF were bad, real bad, but FG have taken that to a new low.
They take their instruction from Tory London and paid a crowd called ElderEdmonds to come up with the 'Keep the recovery going' nonsense.

Franzoni

The centre right are very weak on social issues at the moment because of historical hang ups .... ..i'd say the FG grassroots and FF won't be happy with Baby Brutal throwing the holy hand grenade of secularising education into the mix right now with abortion being debated....:D

Texal Tom

Twitter
Don't tweet
Nothing so elaborate required.
Deport all non-EU citizens in social housing.
That would immediately create enough space to cure the homeless situation.
Is there provision in Europe treaties to deport eu citizens who are not economically active and are drawing on welfare

I think we need to look at this. If some worked in a mushroom factory for 2 years and then spent the next 10 on welfare there has to be a moral argument to end this as the burden is put on other workers for this strategic abuse of the safety net. There are many east Europeans here on welfare and happily so as they were on minimum wages until the recession kicked in and now enjoy a relatively comfortable life at the expense of the working classes. We need to put some limits on welfare - and also housing etc. This is done in other sensible eu countries

Shpake

Yes, that is a deliberately attention grabbing headline, but stick with me. In the UK, London councils are going to start 'moving' poor families out of the city because property prices in the capital are too high.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...lies-coventry-westminster-council-london-cuts

Here in Ireland there have been some quite successful pilot schemes to (voluntarily) rehouse homeless Dubliners in rural areas as both a cost saving measure, and as a way to offer families more space than could ever be affordable by the council in the city.

Dublin homeless may be housed in rural areas

But perhaps there is a slightly more radical solution if we look a little further afield. I'm just back from the Portuguese island of Madeira. Beautiful place - with a great mix of perfect weather and great (EU funded) infrastructure. They've also had a housing bubble that makes ours seem minor. The banks basically own around 20% of all property on the island and are very keen to shift it.

I went property hunting while I was over there. You can get a massive 4 bed in the main city for 80k. There are 1000s of similar properties for sale. The cost of living is around half or less of Ireland.

Do the maths, and the cost of housing a family for a year works out at under 3k, vs 15k minimum in Dublin. There are over 1000 homeless families in Dublin tonight who are housed in hotels at the tax payer's expense. For a fraction of that cost, Dublin City Council could buy a couple of apartment buildings in paradise and fly them over. Voluntary, of course.

This would be a very quick way to reduce the homeless crisis and save money to boot.
Not gonna fly!
The expenditure towards the needy goes into the Irish economy. Family pays rent to landlord, buys food in local supermarket, clothes in local store etc., then there is the hope that they get back into the workforce and produce something. Ireland spending money over in Madeira might give the Irish family a nice holiday... but would be a loss to the Irish economy ... and soon they'd get fed up and wanta come back. All them 4ners over there like.

OrderoftheDragon

If we deported all the refugees who failed in their asylum claims we would be well along the way to providing housing, education and health resources and saving a small fortune in social welfare and legal expenses.

Then if we abolished all the quangos associated with this industrial fraud, the country would be in far better place.

razorblade

Deport all the social welfare tourists, and bogus asylum seekers then we will have no problem housing our population.

ionsniffer

long term eu citizens on the dole. none of this getting into college if on long term dole. I could barely afford it myself

ionsniffer

Is there provision in Europe treaties to deport eu citizens who are not economically active and are drawing on welfare

I think we need to look at this. If some worked in a mushroom factory for 2 years and then spent the next 10 on welfare there has to be a moral argument to end this as the burden is put on other workers for this strategic abuse of the safety net. There are many east Europeans here on welfare and happily so as they were on minimum wages until the recession kicked in and now enjoy a relatively comfortable life at the expense of the working classes. We need to put some limits on welfare - and also housing etc. This is done in other sensible eu countries
our social welfare system is where it's at for many.
the money they can get is a dream compared to their wages in their own countries.
take a hike as far as I'm concerned.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom