LGBT school lessons protests in the uk

silverharp

anyone into the oppression olympics might need to get their calculator out for this one :unsure: , surely a compromise would be to let parents have a say if non essential material is to be used in schools? should religious rights be overridden even if it causes more division?

Schools across England have received letters opposing the teaching of relationships and sex education (RSE) and LGBT equality, the BBC has learned.

Protests started in Birmingham and letters, predominantly from conservative Muslims, have been sent to a number of schools elsewhere.

One campaigner said relationship lessons due to start in schools in 2020"proselytise a homosexual way of life".

Supporters of the lessons said there was a "lot of misinformation".

Letters opposing the lessons have been sent to schools in Birmingham, Bradford, Bristol, Croydon, Ealing, Manchester, Northampton and Nottingham, BBC Newsnight has discovered.

Mainly Muslim families have been protesting outside Anderton Park Primary School in Birmingham after pupils were given books featuring transgender children and gay families.

Protest leader Shakeel Afsar: "All we are concerned [about] is we are having our children come home with material that contradicts our moral values."

Another protester, Amir Ahmed, said: "It's not about gay lesbian rights and equality. This is purely about proselytising a homosexual way of life to children."

When asked if he believed children could be "recruited to be gay", Mr Ahmed said: "You can condition them to accept this as being a normal way of life and it makes the children more promiscuous as they grow older."

He added: "Whether they become gay or not, they can still enter into gay relationships.

"They want to convert you, they want to convert your morality and that's just wrong."

shutuplaura

There was a good podcast on the Guardian website on this recently. It made the point that parents objections should be seen in light of the Birmingham Trojan Horse controversy of a few years ago. However, the conclusion was that while the school should have provided more information (to combat misinformation that was being spread about what was actually being taught for a start), on a fundamental level the protests were driven by homophobia, which is unacceptable.

But it's an interesting case of competing rights.

toughbutfair

What can they teach ? They can teach "be nice to people who act differently " , which I support. However, while we know that heterosexual sex is part of nature or animals couldn't reproduce, we don't know what causes sexual desires that don't serve this function. What causes homosexual desire? What causes paedophile sexual desires ? Too much study needs to be done before we can teach.

RasherHash

Pre-puberty kids wanting to transition and the inability to understand whether puberty halting drugs are the answer or not...

redmonite

I'm all for teaching about the birds and the bees, but is it necessary to teach homosexual techniques to 7 year olds?

Watcher2

What can they teach ? They can teach "be nice to people who act differently " , which I support. However, while we know that heterosexual sex is part of nature or animals couldn't reproduce, we don't know what causes sexual desires that don't serve this function. What causes homosexual desire? What causes paedophile sexual desires ? Too much study needs to be done before we can teach.
What causes heterosexual desires for oral (and sometimes anal) sex? Yes, heteros engage in anal sex too, but also, oral sex which does not promote reproduction.

No more information is required before "we can teach". So long as the teaching is about imparting knowledge and breaking down bigotry.

Dame_Enda

Islamists trying to import the homophobia of places like the Middle East and Pakistan to the West.

Its another example of how the UK and other countries are getting bitten for ignoring radicalisation for too long. Newsnight mentioned names of individuals involved in this campaign that were also involved in the Trojan Horse conspiracy.

On the argument that they are too young to learn about this. Even Ronald Reagan, a very conservative US president, opposed an anti gay campaign in California called the Briggs Initiative which was trying to ban gay teachers. He made the correct point that a persons sexual orientation seems to be inbuilt very early. The way the Christian Right are latching onto this is a reminder of the regressive social attitudes that have reduced weekly Church attendances in the UK to single digit percentages.

Last edited:

toughbutfair

What causes heterosexual desires for oral (and sometimes anal) sex? Yes, heteros engage in anal sex too, but also, oral sex which does not promote reproduction.

No more information is required before "we can teach". So long as the teaching is about imparting knowledge and breaking down bigotry.
I don’t know why various sexual attractions are there, nobody does yet. Therefore we can only teach that most people are sexually attracted to the opposite sex , this keeps the species alive , some people are sexually attracted to the same sex , some to both and some (mostly men) to children. We don’t know why the other sexual desires are there but they are.

toughbutfair

I'm all for teaching about the birds and the bees, but is it necessary to teach homosexual techniques to 7 year olds?
I would say about 12. As gays are far more likely to get AIDS they need to be taught about this as some gays will have sex with a woman at some stage and then it spreads to the masses. So far the disease hasn’t spread here much to the non junky heterosexual population but we shouldn’t assume the battle is won.

rainmaker

Administrator
Likening homosexuality to pedophilia. Classy and intelligent :rolleyes:

rainmaker

Administrator
Yes, this is definitely a subject that governments should spend millions of taxpayers money on researching.

The level of stupidity on this thread is quite astonishing.

Watcher2

I don’t know why various sexual attractions are there, nobody does yet. Therefore we can only teach that most people are sexually attracted to the opposite sex , this keeps the species alive , some people are sexually attracted to the same sex , some to both and some (mostly men) to children. We don’t know why the other sexual desires are there but they are.
Ummm, ookaay.:unsure:

Watcher2

Yes, this is definitely a subject that governments should spend millions of taxpayers money on researching.

The level of stupidity on this thread is quite astonishing.
Where did I say that's what the government should do?

Dame_Enda

It is absurd to suggest that the No Outsiders program is teaching sex. It is not. Bear in mind there may be a child in the class with two same-sex parents. I think its about making sure they dont feel unwelcome.

toughbutfair

It is absurd to suggest that the No Outsiders program is teaching sex. It is not. Bear in mind there may be a child in the class with two same-sex parents. I think its about making sure they dont feel unwelcome.
I agree that children raised by same sex couples should be encouraged to feel confident.

Dame_Enda

I am not saying gays are paedophiles, I am saying both have sexual desires outside the norm.
What consenting adults do in their bedrooms is noone elses business but their own. Bringing paedophilia into it is a classic Religious Right dog whistle.

The Religious Right have an unhealthy obsession with sex, maybe in part because Catholic priests arent allowed have any.

Last edited:

cunnyfunt

anyone into the oppression olympics might need to get their calculator out for this one :unsure: , surely a compromise would be to let parents have a say if non essential material is to be used in schools? should religious rights be overridden even if it causes more division?

This is an old story. School capitulated to islam......MSM did their best to ignore the uncomfortable truth.....and the liberals were like silence of the lambs.

Had it been homophobic white people....the MSM and leftards would of wanted blood....but hey....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies