LGBT school lessons protests in the uk

A Voice

Sure I am.

I don’t think a homophobe has an inalienable right to impart their homophobia on their child and prevent them receiving any countervailing non-homophonic narrative. But they definitely do not have a right to impose their homophobia on other people’s kids and the whole education system.
So, they have a right - expressed by some of them - to pull their kids from these classes. I imagine that will take the energy out of this protest, if properly implemented as policy. Time will tell.

livingstone

Have just seen this one, Livingstone. Posting without tagging me while mentioning me several times? Tut-tut.

Trying the stats now? I got as far as

and then I wondered what the percentage is for random straight men. And random women. And women who haven't had anal sex with a gay man. I'm sure you know.

You need to accept that anal sex is dirty and dangerous.
To further illustrate this, have a look at this

and bear in mind that the cohort who report the majority of all Syphilis cases are in fact a small minority of the entire population.
OK well if you want to play the stats with the whole population and not just gay and bisexual men - though given your issue seems to be with teaching tolerance of same sex couples so your logic is unclear - but here goes.

If you have sex receptive anal sex with a random man - regardless of sexuality - the chances of him being HIV+ with a detectable viral load is 0.03%.

The chances of the condom failing is 2% and if it fails the chances of transmission after exposure is 1.4%.

2% x 1.4% x 0.03% = 0.000084%

That’s less than one in a million chance of contracting HIV by having protected, receptive anal sex with any random man in the UK.

So whether you use the 0.05% chance of transmission, or the 0.000084% chance of transmission - both demonstrate very clearly that protected anal sex is not dangerous, even before you get to other means of reducing risk by knowing a partners HIV status.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies