LGBT school lessons protests in the uk

toughbutfair

What consenting adults do in their bedrooms is noone elses business but their own. Bring paedophilia into it is a classic Religious Right dog whistle.

The Religious Right have an unhealthy obsession with sex, maybe in part because Catholic priests arent allowed have any.
I am an atheist. Whatever age you choose for being the age of consent is arbitrary. The scientific evidence is that the majority of adult males are attracted to women of reproductive age.a minority of men are attracted to men, some men to children. This is fact.

Dame_Enda

I am an atheist. Whatever age you choose for being the age of consent is arbitrary. The scientific evidence is that the majority of adult males are attracted to women of reproductive age.a minority of men are attracted to men, some men to children. This is fact.
But you cant compare consenting adults to children.

silverharp

Intolerance of diversity 🙃

The row surrounding LGBT relationships education at a Birmingham school has intensified after mediation broke down.

Talks between parents and staff at Anderton Park Primary School in Sparkhill have worryingly stalled, it has emerged.

Nazir Afzal, a former chief prosecutor for North West England, has been recruited to ensure dialogue remains open between mums, dads and teachers.

But the internationally renowned human rights lawyer told Sky News six weeks of discussions have been unsuccessful.

Dame_Enda

Many of those involved in the protests don't even have children in the school, according to Afzal on the news today. Some were involved in the 2014 Trojan Horse scandal which aimed to spread radical Islam in the UK school system. Trojan Horse scandal - Wikipedia

Last edited:

silverharp

Many of those involved in the protests don't even have children in the school, according to Afzal on the news today. Some were involved in the 2014 Trojan Horse scandal which aimed to spread radical Islam in the UK school system. Trojan Horse scandal - Wikipedia
that would happen in any protest du jour . Whats interesting is that this curriculum is going to be compulsory across England next Sep , so there might be more of these

Dame_Enda

Noone is being taught sexual techniques at that age. I think what is being taught is that some children are raised in same-sex households. That is reasonable. We know that at this age, prejudices can start to form among children that turn into school bullying later on. By explaining this, children will learn not to single out classmates for being different.

There was a discussion on Prime Time a few nights about on revisions to the Irish sex education subject in schools and the question of including LGBT issues in it. The responses from parents were mixed, and they talked to a mother who said she wanted her Christian beliefs to be respected. I think religion is nearly always involved in objections to this, which sortof confirms my negative attitude to the Abrahamic religions. It's ironic that the Church would see itself as some expert on the wellbeing of children after the past 27 yrs.

Peter72

The extreme Liberal establishment trying to nomalise a gender confusion disorder is another scary trend.

Telling children its ok to want to mutilate your own body.

rainmaker

Administrator
should religious rights be overridden even if it causes more division?
Yes, they should. And generally they are in the UK in the education system - which is why these people are upset.

Parents are entitled to hold whatever religious beliefs they like.

What they do not get to to do however, is have the national curriculum created around those religious beliefs. And that goes for every single religion.

rainmaker

Administrator
Your religious views have been rejected by the majority, especially in the UK, and ever increasingly in Ireland as well.

Swim against the tide of you must, but I'm afraid there is no going back.

Clanrickard

Yes, they should. And generally they are in the UK in the education system - which is why these people are upset.

Parents are entitled to hold whatever religious beliefs they like.

What they do not get to to do however, is have the national curriculum created around those religious beliefs. And that goes for every single religion.
While true what is missed in thsi is that parents have the right to withdraw their children from these classes. I don't know what they are protesting about. Just withdraw the kids.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies