LGBT school lessons protests in the uk

silverharp

Parents are entitled to hold whatever religious beliefs they like.

What they do not get to to do however, is have the national curriculum created around those religious beliefs. And that goes for every single religion.
Like gay people should be killed and Jews are evil , I guess. Im thinking what they are taught in school wont matter much when their parents are ranting day and night about the evils of western society. it might work out

rainmaker

Administrator
While true what is missed in thsi is that parents have the right to withdraw their children from these classes. I don't know what they are protesting about. Just withdraw the kids.
I fully support their right to withdraw, although I think it is rare to be honest.

But that's my whole point. These people are demanding that this is not taught to anyone because of their religious beliefs.

Constructing rules and laws around peoples religious beliefs is a problem that we have had with people of all religions.

Peter72

Your religious views have been rejected by the majority, especially in the UK, and ever increasingly in Ireland as well.

Swim against the tide of you must, but I'm afraid there is no going back.
You're the one who brought God into this. Not I.

Encouraging the mentality that its ok for a child to wish to mutilate their body is plain wrong.

rainmaker

Administrator
You're the one who brought God into this. Not I.
well the thread is about religiously motivated protests and you have posted your religious beliefs clearly and regularly.
Encouraging the mentality that its ok for a child to wish to mutilate their body is plain wrong.
Except that is not what anyone is doing and I find the fact you misrepresent the facts in such a manner faintly amusing.

Peter72

well the thread is about religiously motivated protests and you have posted your religious beliefs clearly and regularly.Except that is not what anyone is doing and I find the fact you misrepresent the facts in such a manner faintly amusing.
So you would agree that any attempt to normalize a psychological condition whereby a child would wish to mutilate their body, should be opposed?

rainmaker

Administrator
So you would agree that any attempt to normalize a psychological condition whereby a child would wish to mutilate their body, should be opposed?
Again, no one has suggested any suggested any such thing.

It shows how weak your argument is when you have to make stuff up, attribute claims to people they never made & finish by threatening everyone with a smiting from your imaginary angry sky fairy.

benroe

This is blatant homophobia from a blatantly homophobic bigoted religion clashing with LGBTQ+ social justice warrior bigots who think its nessecary to bring their grievance studies into primary schools.
Its a clash of religions, Islam and progressivism.

Peter72

It shows how weak your argument is when you have to make stuff up, attribute claims to people they never made & finish by threatening everyone with a smiting from your imaginary angry sky fairy.
Is that a yes?

RasherHash

Bet you've never said that about Islam.

RasherHash

I just did. The difference is I do not single one out for special treatment or exclusive focus.
So you are calling the Islamic god, Allah, a sky fairy, is that right?

Surkov

'Protesters against LGBT teaching at a primary school have been banned from gathering outside the gates by a High Court injunction. '
_106429840_hi053221061.jpg

'Protesters were not made aware of the High Court application but told the BBC they still intended to gather next week on a street further away from the school.

The injunction will be in place until 10 June, when those against the diversity teachings will be given the chance to make their case in front of a judge.

The exclusion zone covers the streets around the school, which sits on Dennis Road, from Taunton Road, Yardley Lane and Birchwood Road.'

RasherHash

Are women going to lose out in sports to trans men?

silverharp

There is a video doing the rounds of an English kid being kicked out of his class for saying there are only 2 genders. Can confirm there are at least 2 bonkers cultures, unlikely to be calm seas ahead

The OD

Why do you need to worship anyone?
Me, I take everything from cryptocurrencies to frozen orange juice as an offering.

Whiskey is best though and will buy you paradise, but only the good stuff. No standard Johnny Walkers or young bourbons, thanks.

Amen.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies