LGBT school lessons protests in the uk

silverharp

interview with one of the parents in opposition, actually quite a reasonable guy. this issue will probably bubble up again when the new school year starts

stopdoingstuff

Maybe they'll find the gene that says we have to stay as a monogamous couple at the same time, eliminate it and then we can go back to basic principles and start dogging in the street if so moved. While waiting for the supermarket to open.
Waaaaay ahead of you.

Clanrickard

interview with one of the parents in opposition, actually quite a reasonable guy. this issue will probably bubble up again when the new school year starts

Fair play to those parents.

silverharp

Fair play to those parents.
they even said they wouldnt mind the material in 6th class, just that its inappropriate for 7 year olds. I concur

Clanrickard

they even said they wouldnt mind the material in 6th class, just that its inappropriate for 7 year olds. I concur
Absolutely. I have seen clips of what they are being taught and it is wrong on so many levels. 12 years is old enough. And there should always be parental discretion as to whether their child sits in or not.

LISTOWEL MAN

1962 the USA decriminalized homosexuality
1967 the UK decriminalized homosexuality
1993 ireland decriminalized homosexuality
2003 the USA decriminalized homosexuality 100%
2004 the UK legalized gay marriage
2015 ireland legalized gay marriage

rainmaker

Administrator
If parents wish to exempt their children from lessons on religious grounds, I suppose that is their right.

However, they do not get to dictate the national curriculum based on their religious beliefs, nor will they exempt schools from that curriculum.

Clanrickard

If parents wish to exempt their children from lessons on religious grounds, I suppose that is their right.
No suppose about it. It is their right and it is official UK government policy.

However, they do not get to dictate the national curriculum based on their religious beliefs, nor will they exempt schools from that curriculum.
Correct. The government should be equally firm in this regard.

livingstone

Absolutely. I have seen clips of what they are being taught and it is wrong on so many levels. 12 years is old enough. And there should always be parental discretion as to whether their child sits in or not.
What specifically is ‘wrong on so many levels’?

A quick google shows that the curriculum is massively age appropriate - young kids simply learning about differences and similarities and how to respect differences.

Emily Davison

You think Amir Ahmed is a reasonable guy. Like Breda O' Brien of Iona is a reasonable woman?

Who is the guy interviewing him? What is the label on his jacket? Is he the Far Right?

silverharp

You think Amir Ahmed is a reasonable guy. Like Breda O' Brien of Iona is a reasonable woman?

Who is the guy interviewing him? What is the label on his jacket? Is he the Far Right?
no idea, he is Jewish so unlikely to be far right

silverharp

A quick google shows that the curriculum is massively age appropriate - young kids simply learning about differences and similarities and how to respect differences.
about things they don't know or care about.? 11 or 12 would seem more appropriate

Emily Davison

So you posted up a clip without knowing who was doing the interview. Don't you think the identity of the interviewer is important. Particularly since it's a biased interview because it's actually not an interview it's two men agreeing with each other.

As regards the Far Right, the two men agreed that Amir and the parents (muslims against equality education) need to support the Far right as on this matter they are in agreeement.

They are also in agreement that this education is an Agenda against the traditional family, that it's a deceitful idiology in order to openly attack the nuclear family. Which is a heap of nonsense.

Emily Davison

about things they don't know or care about.? 11 or 12 would seem more appropriate
If a gay boy of 10 doesn't know it's ok to be gay what about him then? What exactly is wrong with explaining to children that being gay is ok, that being racist is not ok, that being whoever you want to be is ok.

Golah veNekhar

Define "Far Right"?

He is a "Classical Liberal"- to some people that would be Far Right to others it would not be. Also I am pretty sure that he is not Jewish.

Clanrickard

Have you seen the books they are using. It conflates friendship with a sexual partner. Massively confusing for a 7 year old.

silverharp

If a gay boy of 10 doesn't know it's ok to be gay what about him then? What exactly is wrong with explaining to children that being gay is ok, that being racist is not ok, that being whoever you want to be is ok.
so you agree 6 is too young or not relevant, cool!

Emily Davison

so you agree 6 is too young or not relevant, cool!
That's not what I said. I have zero issue with children being taught the equality act means that all people be treated the same regardless of sex, gender, race etc.

Could you tell us how you can praise an 'interview' without telling us who the interviewer is so that we might understand why he is agreeing with everthing that Amir Ahmed has to say?

Other than YouTube was that clip on mainstream TV?

Emily Davison

Define "Far Right"?

He is a "Classical Liberal"- to some people that would be Far Right to others it would not be. Also I am pretty sure that he is not Jewish.
Do you know who he is?

New Threads

Most Replies