• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Liberty Insurance (formerly Quinn) to cut 285 jobs including 75 in Cavan

gijoe

This will get the Quinn supporters riled up. 140 jobs to go in Dublin, 75 in Cavan and 70 in Enniskillen.

flavirostris

Bring back Quinn. He wouldn't let this sort of thing happen. Quinn in..Liberty out.. etc.

bob3367

Bring back Quinn. He wouldn't let this sort of thing happen. Quinn in..Liberty out.. etc.
The amount of people up there that believes this actually makes me shudder....

flavirostris

The amount government mouthpieces like you trolling makes a lot of us shudder
Big bad government out to get Quinn. Quinn in.. government out. They put the wrong man in the joy.. and so on ad infinitum.

SFInbhear

I'm sure Peter Quinn will once again come out and give out about corrupt politicians etc and ignore the fact he tried to organise Fianna Fail in Fermanagh when Bertie was in charge!!!!

bob3367

The amount government mouthpieces like you trolling makes a lot of us shudder
Again your limited intelligence is letting you down, I am not associated in anyway with the government...

On the trolling, you really need to buy a mirror.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Shrinking the English risk from 400'000'000m to 100'000'000m because of uncertainty in the market. We should be used to hearing this type of news by now. Sean Quinn could not save jobs if they are simply unsubstainable. Very sad when anyone loses the job but always seems worse coming up to Christmas and a hellish budget on the way.

Long gone the days when the useless ministers used vist the area and firmly set up a task farce, now they just do not bother. I suppose it is a realisation of the situation we are in and continued job losses are just part of the governments 5 point austerity plan.

There is little to look forward to.

Eoin Coir

If he had not got so greedy and careless those people would not be out of a job coming up to Christmas. He did not make proper provision for liabilities, dipped in Anglo and spread his wings too much. Author of his own and many others misfortune.

b.a. baracus

Really , you will have try harder , much harder
Have you something to contribute to the topic other than this rubbish?

No surprise here. I'd say Liberty had this lined up from Day 1 but held off till now. The English side of Quinn's business is being wound down hugely.

Eoin Coir

I'm sure Peter Quinn will once again come out and give out about corrupt politicians etc and ignore the fact he tried to organise Fianna Fail in Fermanagh when Bertie was in charge!!!!
and Sean lent his helicopter to Bertie also.

Ribeye

This will get the Quinn supporters riled up. 140 jobs to go in Dublin, 75 in Cavan and 70 in Enniskillen.
285 people losing their jobs because a business has been run into the ground by Liberty and their JV partner Anglo Irish Bank, yep, that gets me pretty riled up all right,

Although it was of course entirely predicable, and there will be more job losses to come unfortunately,

hammer

They should have kept writing up as much new business as possible. Dont worry too much about the premiums.

Loads of money :)

Truth.ie

285 people losing their jobs because a business has been run into the ground by Liberty and their JV partner Anglo Irish Bank, yep, that gets me pretty riled up all right,

Although it was of course entirely predicable, and there will be more job losses to come unfortunately,
Don't know about other people but I switched from Quinn Insurance years ago, solely because of the shoddy way Quinn ran it.
Plus his customer service was as bad as Ryanair.
Once that customer base is lost it rarely comes back.
Thats my opinion on the job losses.

hammer

I have a good felling that Quinn himself when he gets back to being an entrepeneur will employ most of the 285.

bob3367

Don't know about other people but I switched from Quinn Insurance years ago, solely because of the shoddy way Quinn ran it.
Plus his customer service was as bad as Ryanair.
Once that customer base is lost it rarely comes back.
Thats my opinion on the job losses.
Funny I hear this all the time, but we had our Health Insurance with them, I got sick, cancer, and I found them superb, all claims paid in full and on time....

Mind the management have since bought it via mbo, maybe that was the difference.

off with their heads

Funny I hear this all the time, but we had our Health Insurance with them, I got sick, cancer, and I found them superb, all claims paid in full and on time....

Mind the management have since bought it via mbo, maybe that was the difference.
im glad you pulled through bob:)