• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Limerick electoral areas to be announced this week.

ymmek

I believe the new electoral areas arising from the the amalgamation of the city and county will be known this week and councillors and would be councillors are waiting to see the makeup of the new electoral areas.The one certainty is that the days of getting a council seat with a few hundred votes are over.

Last edited:

hiding behind a poster

Hahaha, I thought they'd bottle it! So do you know will that be for a five year term? It sounds pathetic if its for five years..
Why? You couldn't have one-year terms as it present, it'd be a constant election.

ymmek

Hahaha, I thought they'd bottle it! So do you know will that be for a five year term? It sounds pathetic if its for five years..
As far as i know mayors will be elected for one year as before,i may be wrong but i have not heard anything to the contrary.

Ren84

Are these electoral areas the same as the proposed municipalities?

hiding behind a poster

As far as i know mayors will be elected for one year as before,i may be wrong but i have not heard anything to the contrary.
If they're one-year terms, they'll continue to be elected by councillors.

stakerwallace

.The one certainty is that the days of getting a council seat with a few hundred votes are over.
Squeaky bum time for John Gilligan?

ymmek

I believe the new electoral areas arising from the the amalgamation of the city and county will be known this week and councillors and would be councillors are waiting to see the makeup of the new electoral areas.The one certainty is that the days of getting a council seat with a few hundred votes are over.
I have not had time to study the new electoral areas,at a glance it would appear that the Sinn Fein breakthrough that could have been expected will hardly happen with the city areas being pushed in to larger county areas.Long time activist for many parties,Sean Griffin would have had a chance had the boundaries remained unchanged.Now well into his 70s his chances are slim and he may not even contest.Jim Long is another under pressure and he may also throw in the towel.

williewatch

End of the road for the likes of Kevin Kiely etc.

Looks like labour have real problems here for their three remaining city councillors.

williewatch

End of the road for the likes of Kevin Kiely etc.

Looks like labour have real problems here for their three remaining city councillors.

stakerwallace

I have not had time to study the new electoral areas,at a glance it would appear that the Sinn Fein breakthrough that could have been expected will hardly happen with the city areas being pushed in to larger county areas.Long time activist for many parties,Sean Griffin would have had a chance had the boundaries remained unchanged.Now well into his 70s his chances are slim and he may not even contest.Jim Long is another under pressure and he may also throw in the towel.
SF and Limerick: not really a good fit!