• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Limerick Labour hit the panic button big time

williewatch

It looks like Limerick Labour are hitting the panic button as they continue to disintegrate.

Last week, according to the Limerick Leader...

Limerick Labour stalwart criticises party

"ONE of the most influential figures in the Labour Party locally has criticised its record in government – and says the pay of senior party figures is “scandalous” in this economic climate."

In the article "Former Labour chairman, election director and PRO Joe Kemmy has said he is disappointed the party has not done more to reduce the pay of senior ministers." and he doesn't hold out hope for any salvation for Limerick when he says "Labour has lost much of its core support since coming to government – and Mr Kemmy admits he is not sure the “slide” in support can be halted, saying its decisions in government will “haunt” the party for a long time."

Few will argue with his analysis but I had to laugh when I heard the latest bright idea from Limerick Labour Cllr & Jan O'Sullivan side kick Joe Leddin. Apparently he ( I don't know if he is alone or if there are others as well) wants to discuss banning "opportunistic" Political protest from next year's Limerick St Patricks day parade. .....Way to go Labour...no protests = no problems?

You can hear him talking about this here.Limerick's Live95FM | Article

PIE.IE readers will recall the considerable embarrassment caused to Limerick Labour last March when their leader in the council chamber and current mayor Limerick,Gerry McLoughlin left the podium to pose with anti government protestors....http://www.politics.ie/forum/limerick/207977-embarrassment-labour-limerick-mayor-forgets-they-government.htmll

LOL. Is this why Limerick Labour want to ban "opportunistic" Political protest from next year's Limerick St Patricks day parade

Last edited:

Analyzer

He will get told to cut it out by the bosses....

Limerick Lad

Few will argue with his analysis but I had to laugh when I heard the latest bright idea from Limerick Labour Cllr & Jan O'Sullivan side kick Brian Leddin. Apparently he ( I don't know if he is alone or if there are others as well) wants to discuss banning "opportunistic" Political protest from next year's Limerick St Patricks day parade. .....Way to go Labour...no protests = no problems?

Your pronouncements on the vagaries of politics in Limerick might carry more weight it you actually knew the names of the protagonists involved, Cllr Joe Leddin is Jan O'Sullivan's parliamentary assistant.

williewatch

Your pronouncements on the vagaries of politics in Limerick might carry more weight it you actually knew the names of the protagonists involved, Cllr Joe Leddin is Jan O'Sullivan's parliamentary assistant.
Thank you for that. I have now corrected the typo.

perhaps I should have titled article "Jan O'Sullivan's parliamentary assistant considers restrictions on opportunistic political protest" :)

Last edited:

Sync

Come on WW. "Old man writes an article. Does nothing" counts as pushing the panic button.

williewatch

Come on WW. "Old man writes an article. Does nothing" counts as pushing the panic button.
Oh, you seriously underestimate the importance of Joe Kemmy in all things connected with Limerick Labour.

But the talk of banning "opportunistic"political protests...LOL that's from their up an coming cadre.

Oh, ok...the op title is a bit over the top but I've no way of changing it :)

Last edited:

Big Brother

It looks like Limerick Labour are hitting the panic button as they continue to disintegrate.

Last week, according to the Limerick Leader...

Limerick Labour stalwart criticises party

Few will argue with his analysis but I had to laugh when I heard the latest bright idea from Limerick Labour Cllr & Jan O'Sullivan side kick Joe Leddin. Apparently he ( I don't know if he is alone or if there are others as well) wants to discuss banning "opportunistic" Political protest from next year's Limerick St Patricks day parade. .....Way to go Labour...no protests = no problems?

[/I]

Unsurprising.

Since the stickies took over Labour have adopted Stalinist tactics towards those opposed to their agenda,which now represents 4% of the electorate and falling (basically that 4% is split between bloated bureaucrats who represent 2% and latte liberals who represent the other 2%)

Labour insisted on retaining control of RTE in government and RTE's help in getting their man elected to the Aras shows Labour know they are a minority party that needs to mislead the public to get and obtain power.

The problem is it's becoming all too transparent.

When Frank Ross went too far bullying Nessa Childers she upped and walked - good for her.

Hopefully old Labour in Limerick will stand up to this stickie attempt to stifle protest

Mushroom

When Frank Ross went too far bullying Nessa Childers she upped and walked - good for her.
In a transparently opportunistic and hopefully abortive attempt to save her cushy European seat. I wonder which which political party's bandwagon she'll try to hop aboard before next summer's Euro Elections. Because, unless she can convince the Widowkiller that she's a life-long true Republican she wouldn't appear to have much of a chance of re-election.

Plebian

Just one year to go to the next European and Local elections. Time for people to start getting ready for the inevitable! Kicking..

untold_story

This is all well and good, but where did he stand before his party went into coalition with FG?

Honestly, was he opposed to it? Did he vote in favour of it at an Ard Fheis?

storybud1

The best thing about Labour being in government is that they can be judged on performance which is pure rubbish as expected. Not that FG are any better, it just gets more depressing when you realise there is very little talent knocking around the dail.

If the Brits exit the EU Federal programme then things will get very interesting, apart from that it is a decade of crap coming our way as we get owned and pay for it.

bogtrotter

In a transparently opportunistic and hopefully abortive attempt to save her cushy European seat. I wonder which which political party's bandwagon she'll try to hop aboard before next summer's Euro Elections. Because, unless she can convince the Widowkiller that she's a life-long true Republican she wouldn't appear to have much of a chance of re-election.

Is the widow killer a code name for Gilmour or Rabbitte.....

stakerwallace

Unsurprising.

Since the stickies took over Labour have adopted Stalinist tactics towards those opposed to their agenda,which now represents 4% of the electorate and falling (basically that 4% is split between bloated bureaucrats who represent 2% and latte liberals who represent the other 2%)

Labour insisted on retaining control of RTE in government and RTE's help in getting their man elected to the Aras shows Labour know they are a minority party that needs to mislead the public to get and obtain power.

The problem is it's becoming all too transparent.

Hopefully old Labour in Limerick will stand up to this stickie attempt to stifle protest
Clearly you are ignorant of the Leddin strain in Limerick Labour: member of an old LP family, descendant of a LP TD of the 50s named Keyes, and about as conservative as you could get in terms of Labour pedigree with no sticlkie connections. Now Joe Kemmy should have had more sense after his many years in politics to have 1) merged the DSP with Labour 2) allowed Leddin within an asses' roar of parliamentary assistantship 3) and believed that this coalition would have produced anything but pain for LP and protection for FG. There's no fool like an old fool however...

Tea Party Patriot

There was a very strong independent left in Limerick under Jim Kemmy, it is not surprising that some of them are heading in this direction again. The man mentioned in the OP was a strong supporter of Kemmy.

irishpancake

Last edited:

Popular Threads

Most Replies