• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Limerick Labour in further crisis as Mayor Gerry McLoughlin jumps ship.

williewatch

Things are going for bad to worse for Labour in Limerick City.

According to tomorrows Limerick Leader Gerry McLoughlin, their leader in the Council has jumped ship.

Watcher2

It's difficult to concentrate when that blonde in red is all you can really notice.

drummed

Where does Willie fit into all this:confused:

Watcher2

But any disintegration of the parties in government is only good news if you ask me. Good news, thank you.

making waves

ha ha ha - Ginger does a bunk - maybe he's lining up as solo run at a seat as an indo.

williewatch

ha ha ha - Ginger does a bunk - maybe he's lining up as solo run at a seat as an indo.
LOL

I'm not too surprised as he has been letting on that he wasn't in the party of government for quite some time now. Same way that O'Dea was letting on that he really had nothing to do with the last government before the last election.

Possible solo run....... But he will be reminded of his Labour baggage.

Ryan Tubbs

Things are going for bad to worse for Labour in Limerick City.

According to tomorrows Limerick Leader Gerry McLoughlin, their leader in the Council has jumped ship.
The latest populist opportunist. His family are actually Fine Gael. I remember it being written at the time that there was surprise that he ran for Labour in 2004 because of that.

Kev408

Wiiliwatch, you quite rightly stated in an earlier thread how influential Kemmy is. I'm not saying he directly influenced McLoughlin but it seems ship-jumping Labourites have been inadvertently (or maybe intentionally) given Kemmy's imprimatur.

fergus34

Twitter
She's lovely personality
Yes you guys, just mention a Labour as long as UK leadres cut all
activity.

As a true Liberal, tell me why we can't bring Fine Gael follow the activity
to get some more jobs,

Ask local Councils what they do to get people earn to protect their famillies.
Now if you get vote. How older people can live in the western front. If
the state can't suggest and protect youth.

Then give 'em Russians passport and Visa, - Here's me who will help them instead of
most personas like Dublin council ( who prefer throw then out of homes).

Correct me if i mistaken.

Kev408

The latest populist opportunist. His family are actually Fine Gael. I remember it being written at the time that there was surprise that he ran for Labour in 2004 because of that.
So it's in his blood to be opportunistic.

JoeHickey

Wait 'till the story about St Mary's adult education comes out, Labour will be well happy to be rid of him

General Urko

LOL

I'm not too surprised as he has been letting on that he wasn't in the party of government for quite some time now. Same way that O'Dea was letting on that he really had nothing to do with the last government before the last election.

Possible solo run....... But he will be reminded of his Labour baggage.

When you think about re those extra taxes and stealth charges on that poster his now former party have even done worse!

Prof Honeydew

Locky got elected to the Council in 2004 as an Independent. He was headhunted by Labour ahead of the 2009 locals.

On a separate matter, what's his daughter Orla going to do? If she follows Daddy, then Labour will have dropped two seats on the Council.

Alan Alda

Locky got elected to the Council in 2004 as an Independent. He was headhunted by Labour ahead of the 2009 locals.

On a separate matter, what's his daughter Orla going to do? If she follows Daddy, then Labour will have dropped two seats on the Council.
Tom Shortt might want to check himself aswell. He seems like a decent bloke with experience of education and a rapport with young voters. How long can he stand contamination by association with Jan and Joe and their mercenary buddies?

williewatch

Wait 'till the story about St Mary's adult education comes out, Labour will be well happy to be rid of him
@JoeHickey I hadn't heard anything about him in connection with St Mary's adult education but I'll ask around.

Has anybody here heard anything?

Tom Shortt might want to check himself aswell. He seems like a decent bloke with experience of education and a rapport with young voters. How long can he stand contamination by association with Jan and Joe and their mercenary buddies?
I'd say Gerry McLoughlin's defection is simply a panic attempt to save his council seat.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies