Limerick without a Minister

stakerwallace

FG are best at transferring to each other,Byrne and ODonnell are wide apart in local election terms and if there is only one seat for FG whoever get most votes when it counts gets the seat.

A very good campaign and depending how Vrad is doing could give them two seats.
I see O' Donnell getting back in but somehow I don't reckon Byrne can make it ever. Her base is too confined to O' Connell Avenue area and she lacks traction outside that scene.

Socratus O' Pericles

How's things with no Minister? Any appreciable difference?

the secretary

Is Limerick entitled to a minister?
They had Noonan and O' Dea for years so they didn't do bad.

the secretary

With Michael Noonan's decision to leave cabinet when the new FG leader takes over, Limerick will be without a representative in cabinet for the first time in a long time. While the reality is that neither Noonan nor O'Dea before him have delivered much for the city and county, this may well make matters even worse. In particular, with Shane Ross casting doubt on the immediate viability of the Limerick - Cork motorway, will the lack of a voice at the table be significant?
As regards the motorway, we either invest in roads or rail.
I drove from Limerick to Galway recently, very little traffic on that road

Scitlipo

Limerick has had a plethora of high profile ministers-Des O'Malley, Michael Noonan, Willie O'Dea, and influential TDs like Kemmy, O'Donnell and Power and the lot of them allowed the drug gangs and appallingly badly designed housing estates to proliferate. These idiots could not even get connectivity to Cork by way of a motorway....note that Tuam, of all the sh*itholes in the state will be connected by motorway, presumably so Travellers can have faster access to their relatives and second homes in Rathkeale.
What makes anyone think that having a minister will be any good? Past evidence is pretty stark at best. Limerick is effectively a dump. Well done lads.

stakerwallace

Limerick has had a plethora of high profile ministers-Des O'Malley, Michael Noonan, Willie O'Dea, and influential TDs like Kemmy, O'Donnell and Power and the lot of them allowed the drug gangs and appallingly badly designed housing estates to proliferate. These idiots could not even get connectivity to Cork by way of a motorway....note that Tuam, of all the sh*itholes in the state will be connected by motorway, presumably so Travellers can have faster access to their relatives and second homes in Rathkeale.
What makes anyone think that having a minister will be any good? Past evidence is pretty stark at best. Limerick is effectively a dump. Well done lads.
Happened to be in Limerick yesterday; a city which was buzzing with its Riverfest and big run. I must say the place impressed me.

stakerwallace

Limerick without a minister? Business as usual I think.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies