Limerick's Orange man enjoys his 12th

Dearghoul

Skin the Goat

In the week when Limerick is gearing up for an All Ireland Quarter Final in Hurling, on another field in Fermanagh, not known as a stronghold of hurling, Mick from Limerick takes to the field a proud owner of a collarette kicking the pope before him.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/i-d-be-a-bit-eccentric-limerick-catholic-who-loves-the-twelfth-1.3563239
I read the article linked. The bàstards have deleted the bit about the pope. :(

fifilawe

Is there a full moon? Is there something in the air? Are the Russians trying out new chemicals weapons near where OP(Moderator ?) lives? Have we forgotten our pills today?
Is the eve of Fri 13th having its effect already?
Its a puzzle to me what some moderators draw from the magic hat while performing a trick

Erudite Caveman

“I don’t think this should be seen as just a Protestant culture. I am Catholic and I wouldn’t mind becoming an Orangeman. I know several others who would like to as well. I own a collarette and I am not even a member of an Orange lodge. That needs to change.”
LOL

(boom tsch)

Best of luck to him in his quest for ending religious discrimination. Wonder if BtB bumped in to yer man from Limerick and called him a Mexicant?

“Firstly we don’t do politics in Fermanagh. At the Twelfth here, we only ever focus on the religious aspect because that is what we are about. We would see the border counties as very much part of the Twelfth now

“We see them as part of us: our neighbours and friends and brethren and sisters and bands together. We are the Grand Orange of Ireland, not of Northern Ireland, ” Mr Brooker said.
Head the balls.

automaticforthepeople

I found it strange that someone who is obviously RC can get in the car and drive 200 miles to hang out for a day with an organisation that discriminates against his faith.

Zapslaststand

Twitter
@daxxdrake
Sure its well known down here on the estate in the rich south-west, that the Potters wheels spun off a long time ago and the poor man only wants to dress up and share his good fortune with our less prosperous Northern Brethern....:rolleyes:

Fur Q

This poor fella is suffering from the medical condition known as “Dudley Edwards Syndrome”.

runwiththewind

An Irish Catholic celebrating the protestant Ascendancy over the Irish Catholic. You really couldn't make this stuff up.

death or glory

An Irish Catholic celebrating the protestant Ascendancy over the Irish Catholic. You really couldn't make this stuff up.
Plenty of Roman Catholics at the parade in Castlederg today.

Karloff

In the week when Limerick is gearing up for an All Ireland Quarter Final in Hurling, on another field in Fermanagh, not known as a stronghold of hurling, Mick from Limerick takes to the field a proud owner of a collarette kicking the pope before him.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/i-d-be-a-bit-eccentric-limerick-catholic-who-loves-the-twelfth-1.3563239
He reminds me of that crazy 'pixie priest' who tripped up the marathon runner a decade ago at the Olympics.

Dearghoul

He reminds me of that crazy 'pixie priest' who tripped up the marathon runner a decade ago at the Olympics.
I never thought I'd live to see an adequate slur on Father Horan, but now you've only gone and done it.

FOURGREENFIELDS

Complete and utter loony tune and stupid, naive, gullible fruitcake of the highest order. He'll probably get his own column in the Indo in the near future.

londonpride

I found it strange that someone who is obviously RC can get in the car and drive 200 miles to hang out for a day with an organisation that discriminates against his faith.
Who needs bloody faith. All the faith in the world did not stop over a million Irish Catholics starve to death in the famine.
Beliefs are why the world is so divided and in turmoil.
Beliefs are the cause of discrimination.
And its Jesus freak on both sides who augment discrimination.

Dearghoul

Who needs bloody faith. All the faith in the world did not stop over a million Irish Catholics starve to death in the famine.
Beliefs are why the world is so divided and in turmoil.
Beliefs are the cause of discrimination.
And its Jesus freak on both sides who augment discrimination.
Some of them are quite nice, once you get familiar with their ways.

Not saying youl'd want to spend Christmas day with them:p

Alan Alda

Maybe , dare I say,he is a bit of a 'rebel'.
A hard word to understand in Leos conformist Ireland.
Imagine thinking different to other people:shock:
Its mad, Ted. Down with this sort of thing!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies