Limerick's Orange man enjoys his 12th

Dearghoul

Plenty of Roman Catholics at the parade in Castlederg today.
What's the difference again?

Something to do with the (tee feckin' hee) virgin Mary that we're supposed to be so devoted to or something?

Get this Orange boy.

Most of us don't give a toss either way.

We know youse dont either so do stop pretending to be religious in any way shape or form
We are however sending you some of our ecccentrics.

Would that be okay?

Dearghoul

Hmm. Lets see how much we 'dont give a toss' when the Pope visits.

I was going to get chips on Dame Street when the last visiting pope passed by.

But yes you're right. As a People we're much given to 'events'

Alan Alda

There will probably be nice food stands at the Popes gigs.
We have come a long way since the 70's.

Dearghoul

Buddies of mine had the JP2 European tour Tshirt with the guitar pontiff in the early market, to be replaced by something more in keeping with the tastes of the flock outside the racecourse. Paid for a nice holiday.

Dearghoul

I thing you're due a bang of the crozier from the Field Marshall for thinking of your worldly comforts during the visit of the anti pope

So, wouldn't want to be you!

Alan Alda

Seriously tho , its quite telling that the idea of a Limerick Orangeman/prod is threadworthy or somehow bizarre.
Welcome to a 32 county 'Republic' :cool:
Yer gonna have to lose that proddy nonsense , equally valued 'fellow citizen'(whos beliefs Im pretending to be above caring about,but am starting threads about)

blinding

I found it strange that someone who is obviously RC can get in the car and drive 200 miles to hang out for a day with an organisation that discriminates against his faith.
Infairness most catholics don’t take catholicism seriously ( wisely )......How could you ?

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Man goes and hangs out with people who might be perceived as historical enemies and has a great time?

Whats not to like about this - if only more people mingled with and laughed alongside their supposed enemies, the world might be a better place.

Perhaps he is a bit eccentric, but in times of suspicion and division, laughter and tolerance can be a revolutionary act.

PBP voter

Meh.

Still not as deluded as so called Catholics who vote for abortion.

Gin Soaked

Man goes and hangs out with people who might be perceived as historical enemies and has a great time?

Whats not to like about this - if only more people mingled with and laughed alongside their supposed enemies, the world might be a better place.

Perhaps he is a bit eccentric, but in times of suspicion and division, laughter and tolerance can be a revolutionary act.
That only works if the bigots are willing to work towards inclusivity. Otherwise, he is making a fool of himself...

PBP voter

Civic_critic2

That piece by the Irish Times is obviously a placed piece for propaganda purposes. Followed up by some number of paid social media operators to point it out and comment approvingly.

These people think they own the country and have the power to fill people's heads with what they want.

jimbohane

That only works if the bigots are willing to work towards inclusivity. Otherwise, he is making a fool of himself...
You would have to wonder is it something in the air. Add this to the list of feminists and gay people including Varadkar and Zappone who are in favour of inviting thousands of Salafist Muslims into our country expecting them to be tolerant of western values . :mad:

irish_bob

I found it strange that someone who is obviously RC can get in the car and drive 200 miles to hang out for a day with an organisation that discriminates against his faith.
you have to admire the man in a weird way , he isnt doing anyone any harm and whether he means to or not , he is throwing down the gauntlet to the OO to prove itself as not being bigoted , he is enthusiastic about this particular regional british culture and tradition , surely they must accept him

let him at it

irish_bob

Plenty of Roman Catholics at the parade in Castlederg today.
i once sat in the kitchen of a protestant family in castlederg for two hours discussing farming ( they kept refilling my cup and loading me up with apple tart ) , my brother is a farmer and i drove to tyrone to collect a piece of machinery he had bought the day before , your almost in donegal up there if memory serves correctly

GDPR

In the week when Limerick is gearing up for an All Ireland Quarter Final in Hurling, on another field in Fermanagh, not known as a stronghold of hurling, Mick from Limerick takes to the field a proud owner of a collarette kicking the pope before him.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/i-d-be-a-bit-eccentric-limerick-catholic-who-loves-the-twelfth-1.3563239
He reminds me of that Pakistani Scottish Loyalist who was the sole Muslim member of the English Defence League.

Banjo Baker

One of the greatest drinking sessions I ever went on was in Frankfurt with Black Protestants, a couple who I expected to be UVF members, as more than a few hints were dropped.

I was on my own for a couple of days waiting to meet up with somebody. The Protestants who were staying at the same hotel took me under their wing and plied me with liquor. Great times were had, we rode whores and everything (and I'm a straight laced Catholic:shock2:).

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies