Limerick's Orange man enjoys his 12th

irish_bob

One of the greatest drinking sessions I ever went on was in Frankfurt with Black Protestants, a couple who I expected to be UVF members, as more than a few hints were dropped.

I was on my own for a couple of days waiting to meet up with somebody. The Protestants who were staying at the same hotel took me under their wing and plied me with liquor. Great times were had, we rode whores and everything (and I'm a straight laced Catholic:shock2:).
when i was in new zealand twenty years ago ,went with waterford farm services as they were handy for arranging work and bar herding sheep , there isnt much to do outside the cities in new zealand , there were over twenty of us ( no one knew each other going over ) who were working in different parts of the country and we would meet up every month or so and again for a two week road trip at the end of the six month stay , one guy from omagh was a pretty hardcore unionist though he only brought it up thee odd time during drinking sessions , he was the youngest in the bunch , only seventeen , omagh bombing happened while we were down under and this guy knew one of the dead well , hard drinking tough bastard , thickest accent amongst us bar the two kerry lads so it was gas when those three got together

Prester Jim

This poor fella is suffering from the medical condition known as “Dudley Edwards Syndrome”.
I actually saw this guy about 10 years ago in a murky shopping centre in limerick, he has put on a bit of weight since but drfo him. He was wearing a huge pair of ear muffs and a poppy and I just thought he looked likethe type of guy who still breastfed in his 40s.
I wasn't wrong.

Prester Jim

Roisin3

you have to admire the man in a weird way , he isnt doing anyone any harm and whether he means to or not , he is throwing down the gauntlet to the OO to prove itself as not being bigoted , he is enthusiastic about this particular regional british culture and tradition , surely they must accept him

let him at it

They should let him join. The OO has branches in Africa and the members there include Catholics.

Socratus O' Pericles

Brian O'Driscoll had a go at banging a lambeg at some orange parade. Spotted him on UTV last night
He is making a documentary about how sport breaks down barriers. Appreciating other cultures and so forth. Answering Ireland's Call as it were.

shoneen

I wonder did he have a Silence of the Lambs" moment. You know that shock when you're suddenly confronted with the fact that that the smart, sophisticated almost pleasant Anthony Hopkins character also kills people violently, then eats them ...

Jack O Neill

DeBanksofDeLee

In the week when Limerick is gearing up for an All Ireland Quarter Final in Hurling, on another field in Fermanagh, not known as a stronghold of hurling, Mick from Limerick takes to the field a proud owner of a collarette kicking the pope before him.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/i-d-be-a-bit-eccentric-limerick-catholic-who-loves-the-twelfth-1.3563239
I'd be of the opinion of live and let live but as long as those góbshítes burn my country's flag on every single bonfire across the North they can go fúck themselves.

McTell

Twitter
No
I found it strange that someone who is obviously RC can get in the car and drive 200 miles to hang out for a day with an organisation that discriminates against his faith.

Yes. I don't have any "faith", but can't stand any org that says "I'm superior to you and I'm marching on your streets". Be it the orangemen, the Gaa, sinn fein or whatever. Let's face it, it's the insecure-working-class mentality manifesting.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies