• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Lisbon 3.. Ha Ha Ha...

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Well it seems like we're about to get to our very own "jump the shark" moment as regards the Lisbon Treaty..

Seems like we will be going for best of 3 after all..

It looks increasingly likely that Merkel is being painted into a tight corner by her own constitutional court as regards what the Germans can and can't do regarding getting guarantees for their bailout money, so Angela is facing the increasing likeliehood that she will have to make demands of her "EU partners", in return for German Parliament agreements.

However, the guarantees aren't possible under current Lisbon arrangements, and the changes are not going to get past the "small insignificant changes" clause that woould allow the Treaty to self amend. Why? Because it will demand European control of more "competencies". And.. it will also allow the EU to "punish" member States who don't adhere to EU rules regarding budgetary matters

Now, in all fairness, that mightn't be a bad thing. I am gone to the stage where I think being controlled by Europe would probably be better than being controlled by either FF or FG .. and as an Irish Republican that galls me to have to write whose words..

But, do people think that a new Lisbon referendum has a cats chance in hell of being passed in the current climate.. because I don't regardless of the rights or wrongs of any argument

What in the name of Jesus are they thinking ? What'll the slogan be this time.. "Sorry about the jobs and recovery we promised last time.. Vote Yes.. so we can punish you"

God, I can't wait to see how some of the Europhile Gaelers and Redshirts come on to ty to sell this one

gijoe

Ah, but......Vote No and the Germans will turn off the money tap and we will have to cut all public sector pay and social welfare in half, most of the hospitals will have to close and the schools could only open for a 3 day week........Vote No now Sheeple..........

sport02

I will be voting yes, we need the jobs, and the certainty in the bond market, that it will bring.

nonpartyboy

Just because the EU have cowen , lenihen and the rest of the ff/fg establishment in their pockets, doesn't mean they have the irish people in it. Apart from the irish mental disorder of letting our own rip us off, the irish people are more likely to burn the place to the ground than let the EU take over.

Cael

Vote Yes for JOBS!!

The Pinocchio Party

LeDroit

I will give money to and campaign for Ganley if this comes to pass.

dent

I will be voting yes, we need the jobs, and the certainty in the bond market, that it will bring.
What jobs ? Chriost on a bike ! :roll:

Mick Ring was right - we should hand back the country to Betty and apologise for the state of it. In our defence we can point at the likes of yourself. She'll understand.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
The whole "vote yes for jobs" nonsense is now clearly seen for what it is. Both Lisbon I and Lisbon II were won by those who told the most outragous and convincing lies and threatened the electorate best. Lisbon III will follow he same pattern.

dent

Ah, but......Vote No and the Germans will turn off the money tap and we will have to cut all public sector pay and social welfare in half, most of the hospitals will have to close and the schools could only open for a 3 day week........Vote No now Sheeple..........
Sheeple ! Very good ! :lol:

sport02

What jobs ? Chriost on a bike ! :roll:

Mick Ring was right - we should hand back the country to Betty and apologise for the state of it. In our defence we can point at the likes of yourself. She'll understand.
All the jobs that it will create, when we are forced to increase our corporation tax.:D

Ah Well

Ha ha indeed :D

IF a Referendum comes to pass.. and as of now that's an IF ... depending on how this thing pans out ....

Slogans? - Here's one that can be adapted for each side

"Vote Yes/No. We're shagged anyway"

Broke

65 years after w.w.2 germany will get what it always wanted.They will run europe without firing a single bullet.

gijoe

Sheeple ! Very good ! :lol:
I forgot who it was that termed the phrase 'if you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow' - that's where Ireland is right now with Europe.

Ah Well

I forgot who it was that termed the phrase 'if you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow' - that's where Ireland is right now with Europe.
Ireland is now to Europe as Scotland is to London - somewhere dependent on monies being fired in to keep it afloat in some semblance (in our case buying of Gov Bonds by ECB the latest escapade being of course today)

fool

I think this is more likely to lead to a general election in Germany than a referendum here, at least while Cowen is still in charge. Nobody in the EU are going to push for a Treaty referendum they can't win.

Propforward

Vote no for recovery
no for jobs
no for sovereignty
but mostly please vote no coz the people who are telling you to vote yes are trying to screw you and enslave your kids.
Angela Merkel = Titler

McDave

A properly-functioning Euro is necessary for the economic health of the Eurozone countries.

If there is to be another referendum, the choice for the Irish people will be simple - do we want to be in the Euro or not. There's no room for being half-assed about this. If we want to be in a healthy Eurozone, we vote Yes, and then try to knock our crappy economy into some kind of shape.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies