Lisbon 3.. Ha Ha Ha...

hiding behind a poster

hiding behind a poster

That, HBAP, is the one comment that rings true nowadays. "So what?" It nicely shows the user doesn't care a whit.

You (and others) wanted to know when and where that was said, you got an answer and come out with "so what?" That shows you weren't truly interested in the first place. :roll:
No, I was never remotely bothered. The opinion that matters on whether a referendum is required on whatever gets agreed is the Supreme Court's. Cowen's doesn't matter, nor does Roche's. If you look back on the thread, you'll see that it was the likes of yourself who were trying to make it sound important that two FF ministers were saying slightly different things. By saying "so what?", and explaining how I was wasn't listening to every news bulletin and parsing every word therein, I was making my opinion about the relevance of that fairly clear from the start.

But it does make you look like a defender of FF. :lol: What an about-face.
No, it means, like I explained to you earlier, that the opinions of two FF ministers as to whether a referendum is necessary are irrelevant, regardless of how different they may be. If you think otherwise, then explain why.

CookieMonster

Bit rich coming from you, isn't it:

Hypocrite.
That would only stand up if almost ever reply to almost every poster in almost every thread I posted in included some form of abuse, as it is with Setanta. But that's not the case for me and therefore there is no hypocrisy on my part.

kerdasi amaq

Another dope who hasn't the foggiest notion of how a democracy and the rule of law works.
That's so true.

Judges interpret the law as written by the Oireachtas. That's what they're for.

hiding behind a poster

That would only stand up if almost ever reply to almost every poster in almost every thread I posted in included some form of abuse, as it is with Setanta. But that's not the case for me and therefore there is no hypocrisy on my part.
You can't blame him for losing patience, given how wilfully stupid the people he's trying to debate with seem to be.

CookieMonster

You can't blame him for losing patience, given how wilfully stupid the people he's trying to debate with seem to be.
That's nonsense. He's never shown the slightest restraint or patience when it comes to hurling abuse at people.

hiding behind a poster

That's nonsense. He's never shown the slightest restraint or patience when it comes to hurling abuse at people.
I think he has - but he's dealing with people who are either idiots, or are pretending to be idiots.

myksav

More abuse. :D
Irritating and uninformative, wasn't it?

Rubbish like this when it comes from a poster over time and with any consistency reduces the value of the opinion of that poster.

myksav

No, I was never remotely bothered.
And yet you dive in when you "aren't bothered", and you did comment negatively on the detail, hence the mention of Newstalk, etc.

There are many thread subjects that I "am not bothered" with, easy to find as I don't post on them, or read them.

sondagefaux

Yeah, why should people listen to the French European minister, better to listen instead to some random half-wit called "setanta" on an internet chat board :roll: (Dope!)
What has this French minister said that's got your attention?

hiding behind a poster

Yeah, why should people listen to the French European minister, better to listen instead to some random half-wit called "setanta" on an internet chat board :roll: (Dope!)
Why, what has this French minister said?

hiding behind a poster

Hazlitt, what do you find so interesting about what this French minister said five months ago?

sondagefaux

Is this French Minister a member of the European Court of Justice, the only body which has the power to rule whether or not there's been a breach of the EU treaties?

If his opinion is correct, then why did the European Council just decide to alter the EU treaties to allow for a permanent stabilisation mechanism but leave article 125 intact?

in order to ensure balanced and sustainable growth, Heads of State or Government agree on the need for Member States to establish a permanent crisis mechanism to safeguard the financial stability of the euro area as a whole and invite the President of the European Council to undertake consultations with the members of the European Council on a limited treaty change required to that effect, not modifying article 125 TFEU ("no bail-out" clause).
Could it be because this article does not, in fact, prohibit the establishment of a permanent stabilisation mechanism or even a temporary one?

Hazlitt

If, as the French EU minister said, the treaty had de facto been altered by the Greek bailout, this would falsify the posters previous claim that the treaty can't be altered without the consent of all the member states (in our case referendum).

Why should we listen to a random poster on an internet chat forum instead of the former president of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly ??

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom