• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Little reaction from Public Sector after 15%+ cuts this year..time to SQUEEZE more?

Quinn Quinn

So not much anger from the Public Sector after pension levy and pay cuts.....they prefer to spend their strike day shopping rather than on the picket ! I think they could easily afford a further cut of circa 15 - 20 % Squeeze them til they squeak....

Estragon

So not much anger from the Public Sector after pension levy and pay cuts.....they prefer to spend their strike day shopping rather than on the picket !
According to my understanding strikers were all rostered for two hours on the picket line. Did you want to be consulted on what they were doing the rest of the day when they weren't being paid or something?

bogtrotter

According to my understanding strikers were all rostered for two hours on the picket line. Did you want to be consulted on what they were doing the rest of the day when they weren't being paid or something?
#
He is just a troll or an idiot...ignore him...

Quinn Quinn

I dont care what they do but if they prefer to shop rather than protest then its obvious the cuts have little impact on them hence its time to cut some more. Cut til it HURTS !

Aristodemus

He has a point though. Wasnt Sarkozy or possibly the French finance minister who said he couldnt believe that Lenihan got away with cutting wages through a pension levy? He also remarked that there would be riots in France if it happened. That's probably why he cut wages today. If it's a success he may do it again next year.

siochan84

So not much anger from the Public Sector after pension levy and pay cuts.....they prefer to spend their strike day shopping rather than on the picket ! I think they could easily afford a further cut of circa 15 - 20 % Squeeze them til they squeak....
Aw bless. Should I break it to him gently folks? :) More cuts with no public sector reaction? Don't kid yourself sunshine. :lol: If you really want to Ireland to collapse, by all means another pay cut will help with that a great deal! We already know how many people work in the public sector, the very same people that also, now this might be hard to believe, but actually buy stuff here!:eek: No extra money to spend, no business to feed. Watch it shrivel and die Quinn Quinn. Don't bite the hand that feeds you as many would say.

I actually didn't know Scrooge wrote on politics.ie. Go see A Christmas Carol 3D Quinn Quinn, you might see yourself in the film. Is "bah humbug" a phrase used by you by any chance? I wonder will you be visited by the Ghost of Christmas Past/Present and Future this year, I think it would do you some good. ;)

The Underdog

Hello Siochan84 (or should I say Quinn Quinn) - Welcome back to Poltics.ie

Lets see how long it takes you to get banned again.

patslatt

He has a point though. Wasnt Sarkozy or possibly the French finance minister who said he couldnt believe that Lenihan got away with cutting wages through a pension levy? He also remarked that there would be riots in France if it happened. That's probably why he cut wages today. If it's a success he may do it again next year.
The French have a tradition of street protests since the Revolution. It's idiotic to have violent protests in a functioning democracy. One consequence is that the Paris cops are very aggressive and violent. For no reason except to intimidate they break up small groups milling around as a friend of mine learned at the scene of an unconsious person.

hiding behind a poster

The French have a tradition of street protests since the Revolution. It's idiotic to have violent protests in a functioning democracy. One consequence is that the Paris cops are very aggressive and violent. For no reason except to intimidate they break up small groups milling around as a friend of mine learned at the scene of an unconsious person.
Yeah but if your friend is anything like you, Pat, as soon as the cops arrived he probably started loudly sneering at them for working in the public sector, and thus probably deserved whatever he got.

siochan84

Hello Siochan84 (or should I say Quinn Quinn) - Welcome back to Poltics.ie

Lets see how long it takes you to get banned again.

Eh? Very odd comment to make. I think you are a bit confused underdog. I'm am a completely separate poster to Quinn Quinn or whatever his name is. That message was directed at Quinn Quinn for making such a thick and cruel comment towards public sector workers, don't you understand sarcasm? Quinn Quinn is the Irish Scrooge . Hence the whole Christmas Carol talk. Besides people were right when they said to ignore him, I can see why he was banned. I highly doubt his job (if he has one) involves helping people in any way shape or form. He/she should do Ireland a favour and emmigrate, it's people like him that divide the country.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Well the increments and most of the allowances have to go too. Notably the ludicrous allowance for Gardai who don't do overtime - intended to compensate them for not working 'unsocial hours'. And the 'plain-clothes' allowance too... :roll: TDs must also be forced to clock-in and clock-out, and vouche their expenses.

JollyRedGiant

The attempts by the government to screw workers in order to protect the rich b*stards who wrecked the economy will blow up in Lenihan's face - be patient - class warfare is on the horizon.

Did you ever hear of the straw the broke the camels back? Well the camel is tottering under the weight of the cuts and the straw is hovering overhead.

Last edited:

edwin

The attempts by the government to screw workers in order to protect the rich b*stards who wrecked the economy will blow up in Lenihan's face - be patient - class warfare is on the horizon.

Did you ever hear of the straw the broke the camels back? Well the camel is tottering under the weight of the cuts and the straw is hivering overhead.
Class warfare! :lol::lol: When you manage to define accurately what the classes are then let me know. So nineteenth century!

True Republican

Well the increments and most of the allowances have to go too. Notably the ludicrous allowance for Gardai who don't do overtime - intended to compensate them for not working 'unsocial hours'. And the 'plain-clothes' allowance too... :roll: TDs must also be forced to clock-in and clock-out, and vouche their expenses.
I fully agree Ithink though I might ask my employer for a €4k rent allowance...lol, the guards don't realise how lucky they have it compared to other police forces throughout the world.

JollyRedGiant

the guards don't realise how lucky they have it compared to other police forces throughout the world.
From their perspective the government are playing a very dangerous game going after the guards and army - As Earley said recently - they are the last line of defence against a threat to the security of the state. The government has a difficulty as they cannot exclude them in a general assault on the pay and conditions of public sector workers - but as a result are pushing them onto the side of the rest of the public sector workforce against the government..

Total rubbish.
Says you :rolleyes:

Cael

Aw bless. Should I break it to him gently folks? :) More cuts with no public sector reaction? Don't kid yourself sunshine. :lol: If you really want to Ireland to collapse, by all means another pay cut will help with that a great deal! We already know how many people work in the public sector, the very same people that also, now this might be hard to believe, but actually buy stuff here!:eek: No extra money to spend, no business to feed. Watch it shrivel and die Quinn Quinn. Don't bite the hand that feeds you as many would say.

But its ironic that you are basically saying that the only real protest that the PS will make about having their pay cut is that they will refuse to buy so many commodities. Hardly burning barracade stuff is it? The Irish citizen really does seem to have been replaced by the Irish consumer.