Live Press Conference Happening Now

bprob

i was distracted by the rugby
did juncker just adjourn the press conference while they had a discussion with timothy geithner?

edifice.

What does a bank bailout by the EU/ECB/IMF actually mean in terms of the monies already given to them by the Irish taxpayer? Are those funds returned to the exchequer and/or is the promised dividends on those monies now redirected to paying off a bailout from the above?

Chrisco

What does a bank bailout by the EU/ECB/IMF actually mean in terms of the monies already given to them by the Irish taxpayer? Are those funds returned to the exchequer and/or is the promised dividends on those monies now redirected to paying off a bailout from the above?
They are not giving us money, they are lending us money, i.e. giving us more debt.

Tens and tens and tens of billions of euro of more debt: enough to get us through the next three years at the nippy rate of about 5.5%.

spidermom

Aussies down to 14. Munster parked on the wallaby 22. 5 mins left!!

edifice.

They are not giving us money, they are lending us money, i.e. giving us more debt.

Tens and tens and tens of billions of euro of more debt: enough to get us through the next three years at the nippy rate of about 5.5%.
I accept that, but my point concerns the original monies from the taxpayer 'lent' to the banks. Would an EU bailout cover these funds to the point where they could br reinvested into the economy to stimulate etc, etc.?

spidermom

Cork Con (effectively) -v- Wallabies ... even better :D
Indeed.Barry back on the pitch!!...YEAH

Game over...Munster WIN!!!!

:)

owedtojoy

Talks moving to Dublin ... process to restructure the banks ... can't see any irish minister on the podium ... gone back to the hotel to p*ssed ... I get the feeling things have not gone well.

owedtojoy

Juncker "responsibility of the Irish government to ask for assistance". I get the distinct impression they are at an impasse.

Irish Times: How big will the bailout be?

Answer: Technical talks only. Question is premature.

And this round is all over.... looks like it is only half-time.

Odyessus

It amuses me the way the phrase "Ireland must make a decision" is constantly repeated by European officials.

What they really mean of course is: "Ireland must say yes to a bailout."

soubresauts

Lenihan on the phone "Yeah Boss, managed to kick the can down the road a bit further - bit of waffle, patriotic spiel and all that ... think it confused 'em ... anyway we live to fight another day .. wahoo ... FF for ever" :p
Spot on! Ireland 2010 well summarized.

Jaze, I did well to get out of the place. Still love it, but...

Popular Threads

Most Replies