• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Liveline Text Poll 15/09 -Cowen Fit to Govern or Not-77% Say NO!

loaded32

Joe Duffy had a 10 minute text poll on Liveline in the past hour. The question was " Do you have confidence in Brian Cowen to lead the country&government? "
There was over 2,400 texts per minute for the 10 minutes with almost 19,000 people texting in to say NO, with just over 5,000 saying yes.

77% Say Cowen should Go ( Apologies for the typo in the subject heading)
23% say Cowen should stay

Motion of no-confidence well and truly passed!!!!
FF or Cowen, do the honourable thing!

Last edited:

Éireann go Brách

+1

Disband FF Disband.

Can this website start a poll as well
lets build a critical mass of dissent and get rid of them.

redger

Joe Duffy had a 10 minute text poll on Liveline in the past hour. The question was " Do you have confidence in Brian Cowen to lead the country&government? "
There was over 2,400 texts per minute for the 10 minutes with almost 19,000 people texting in to say NO, with just over 5,000 saying yes.

67% Say Cowen should Go
23% say Cowen should stay

Motion of no-confidence well and truly passed!!!!
FF or Cowen, do the honourable thing!
Look, I agree with you, but your maths skills seem to be a bit like Brian Lenihans.............

CookieMonster

Joe Duffy? The home of misplaced moral outrage...

I'd love to know how many Joe Duffy listeners voted for FF last time out.

loaded32

Look, I agree with you, but your maths skills seem to be a bit like Brian Lenihans.............
Simple typo people...apologies for the fat finger

Asparagus

Can some mod please change the title - 67% looks too negative for ireland and its future....?

jpc

Switched the radio and heard it on spec
Well it was a pretty honest indicator of the publics displeasure at Cowens performance to date.
The 23% correlates with FF support in the polls as well.

Asparagus

Switched the radio and heard it on spec
Well it was a pretty honest indicator of the publics displeasure at Cowens performance to date.
The 23% correlates with FF support in the polls as well.
23% could relate to how many joe duffy listeners know the alphabet.

Cato

23% still support him! I despair for this country.

It does give us a good indication of the gombeen index in this country.

Cato

How many times do I have to say it? Let me spell it out. SELF-SELECTING POLLS ARE WORSE THAN USELESS.
The important thing is that you got to demonstrate your superiority once more. Think of it as a service this site provides.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
The important thing is that you got to demonstrate your superiority once more. Think of it as a service this site provides.
Being superior to the OP is hardly a high benchmark. This poll is as politically significant as the result of "Big Brother".

droghedasouth

How many times do I have to say it? Let me spell it out. SELF-SELECTING POLLS ARE WORSE THAN USELESS.
How many times do I have to say it? Let me spell it out. SELF-SELECTING POSTERS ON P.IE ARE WORSE THAN USELESS.

Barbarian

Headbangers text radio show listened to by headbangers shock!

Ethan Edwards

There is 23% who still have confidence in BC & FF, who are these people and what would need to happen before before they wake up?
Any conversation I hear about FF NO, I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR THAT SHOWER. I believe there is a core support for FF and that it could be as high as 23% of the voting public but I also believe that the percentage of support could easily be higher if those venom shouters find themselves placed in a voting booth.

Mar Tweedy

Liveline is usually pretty much on the button in being the national weathervane (mixing metaphors there but you know what I mean).

Also shows up that the FF liveline hackforce were in operation yesterday. I couldn't believe the number of callers who claimed they were not FF who thought Biffo was being unfairly treated. It was completely at variance with opinion I was hearing round and about.

This survey proves that FF have a liveline caller posse (if that hasn't been proven already!) - that is the figures tell a more truthful picture.

Yeah the 23% is very disappointing but 77% - there's hope yet ;)