• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

LIVETHREAD - Ivor Callely answering questions over his Seanad expenses

Mushroom

Fighting like a cornered rat - looks v. narky. I note that he explained that he couldn't be arsed to read the documentation because he was on a junket.

EvotingMachine0197

Fighting like a cornered rat - looks v. narky. I note that he explained that he couldn't be arsed to read the documentation because he was on a junket.
He only got in last night. The shocking inconvenience of it all ..

constitutionus

Ivor Callely is answering questions today in committee - watch it here; Oireachtas Committee Room 1

Joe O'Toole has just challenged Senator Callely over the fact his house in West Cork is for sale.

cheers for this.

didnt know it was on .

talking about where he's voting now.

body language is AMAZINGLY telling . :)

Mushroom

As a taxpayer I would like to apologise to Lord Callely of Kilclontarf for the ordeal of having to deal with these intellectual pygmies.

All that this ludiocrous circus needs to make it complete is a cameo entrance from Martin Manser to instruct the Committee Members to respect their betters.

EvotingMachine0197

Ha! He allegedly paid his 2009 NPPR in November 2009. I think DB was incorrect in saying the deadline in 2009 was July. I think it was moved to September ..

cobalt

His Kilcrohane property has been on the market for "three, four, five years" he says.

Now being asked if he made that his PPR to avoid capital gains tax.

cobalt

Fighting back at Dan Boyle. "Does Dan stay in a family house when he stays in Dublin, yet claim expenses?"
Dan says he pays rent to his family.

constitutionus

is he making some kind of veiled threat against dan ?

he keeps going on about how they "have something in common" in regards to their arrangment when staying in dublin which he isnt backing up !

lord this is engrossing.

constitutionus

oooh you could hear a pin drop there !

well done white.

:)

cobalt

Alex White caused a very long silence.
"Did you not hear the question, Senator Callelly?"

constitutionus

god squirming like mad now

this is great stuff !

:) :)