• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Liz McManus stepping down!!

Tony Soprano

speculation tonight that she's announcing tomorrow that she will not be contesting next election!!

spidermom

Hard to believe...Why??

He3

Men only in the Dáil soon.

Newsy

If true......that's not good.

borntorum

Twould be a big blow for Lab in Wicklow if she did go - that would probably be the end of any real hopes of a second seat. Joe Behan would probably be the biggest beneficiary (hypocritical shyster that he is).

She has had quite the political career - all the way from Sinn Fein to the upper echelons of the Labour party. Her memoirs (provided they were at least half-way honest and open) would be quite a read

jmcc

How many of the Labour front bench are over 60?

Regards...jmcc

livingstone

How many of the Labour front bench are over 60?
You're not implying that Labour has quite an old age profile in the Dail, are you?! My goodness, this site is certainly at the cutting edge of new arguments and points of discussion.

A big loss for Labour - she's one of the few current front benchers I'd have in cabinet (not because I don't rate them mind, but to make way for younger blood after the next election - but I rate her quite highly and think she'd have made an excellent Minister).

White Horse

speculation tonight that she's announcing tomorrow that she will not be contesting next election!!
I wonder if it has anything to do with Labour and FF cosying up to each other with a view to forming a government after the next election.

The Wicklow Patriot

Who will benefit in Wicklow?

Before anyone says Behan i have from people close to him that he might not go himself.

codology

Jesus this will throw the cat amongst the dogs in Wickla.......president Mc Manus anyone?

Eurocitizen

Another TD not run in the next election.

It is to be announced tomorrow that Liz Mc Manus will not be running in the next general election.

I have no link as yet but working on it.

How many more will declare ? I suspect that many FF TDs will be declaring the same.