Local Authority income & expenditure

GDPR

I came across this excellent website Ever wondered how Ireland's County Councils spend your money? that details the income and expenditure of each local authority, breaks down the income streams and what the money is spent on, and allows you to compare this with other councils and state averages.

Income is made up from the following:
- Commercial rates,
- Property tax
- Equalisation fund (from property tax of other councils)
- Charges on goods and services
- Central funding
- Other

Expenditure is divided into:
- Housing
- Roads
- Water
- Environmental services
- Recreation & amenity
- Development Management
- Other

So have a look, see what you think and by all means comment. The figures given are an average of say €700 per house funding the Council in your area, with say €8.25 of this average spent on public lighting, and gives the percentage of this of the total spend.

dizillusioned

Had a look there Ted.. Interesting that it is so general that items such as Councillors pay and the maintenance of Council offices are not included. It seems just a little too glossy for my liking. Also there is an economic development in one council that amounts to 2Million a year... would love to know where this money goes to.....

daveL

Based on that Fingal lags behind the average in every category other than recreation and amenity

Socratus O' Pericles

That's the Revenue Account only, I think....no mention of Capital.

GDPR

Had a look there Ted.. Interesting that it is so general that items such as Councillors pay and the maintenance of Council offices are not included. It seems just a little too glossy for my liking. Also there is an economic development in one council that amounts to 2Million a year... would love to know where this money goes to.....
You're right! No breakdown of Councillor pay, probably have to sift through an obscure portion of each councils website to find such information. If you hover the mouse over each one, it gives more info on your example of 'economic development' but no actual breakdown though.

New Threads

Most Replies