Local Elections in Meath 2009

Royal Blue

Good Man Dunny, I wonder are there many of the Hand ball crowd that will give you a number one.

Aidan1

Interesting development in the Kells Electoral Area. Outgoing councillor and current Chairperson of Meath Council Liz McCormack(FF) has announced that she's not running in next years Locals.......

Any comment Dunny........Are you house hunting in Athboy yet ?

johnnysack

Royal Blue said:
Good Man Dunny, I wonder are there many of the Hand ball crowd that will give you a number one.
I see the dirt is being thrown already.....

From what I hear FF in Kells are running five men.......Bryan Reilly, Sean Drew, Ao Farrell, Frankie Lynch and Daniel Carry. Never heard mention of Dunny!

justified

johnnysack said:
From what I hear FF in Kells are running five men.......Bryan Reilly, Sean Drew, Ao Farrell, Frankie Lynch and Daniel Carry. Never heard mention of Dunny!
That's a bit premature as nominations don't close until 19th of month

bradán feasa

Interesting to see scandal being bounced around in Kells FF already!!

Hard to believe Liz is quitting in the Cathaoirleach’s chair. Poor party management evident there

She may not be the only high profile Meath Councillor voluntarily exiting in June 2009!!

I believe SF are holding there convention at the end of September.

Also if I was in FF I’d be p*ssed that the right to select candidates was taken out of Cumann hands. FF don’t trust their grass roots much it seems!!!!

bcollins

According to the Meath Weekender, Cllrs Bryan Reilly, Sean Drew and AO Farrelly have recieved nominations for Kells Town Council alongside Frankie Lynch, Hubert Morris, Eddie Sheridan and Brendan Caffrey.

I don't know how the FF system works but it appears Head Office will send back the list of ratified candidates from that list. Can they add on others?

I am disappointed that "Dunny" or Daniel Carry decided not to go forward this time, but they will undoubtedly go forward in the future. Also Jess Olahan who was very close the last time and would have probably been elected this time is going to concentrate on the Chamber of Commerce. Apparently she will be the incoming Vice President.

I also have to say that if I am elected I will miss working with Cllr Peter Caffrey who is a very able and sensible Councillor.

Royal Blue

FGer's Running in Kells

Stephen Foley , Sarah Reilly and former Cllr. Shemie Grimes were all nominated at FG convention , rumour has it one off them might get out off the way and let Cllr. Ollie Sweeney run again if party can convince him to do so.??

Ita Mary

Slane Area

Does anyone know who's going up for the Slane area of Meath Co Co? Extra seat there next year. At the moment I think it's made up of one FF, one FG, one Green, one Labour and Jimmy Cudden is non party.

bradán feasa

Sinéad Burke has been selected for Sinn Féin for the Slane area. She’s an excellent candidate and is one to watch.

Cllrs Joe Reilly and Peadar Tóibín were selected for the Navan area and both along with new candidate Antoinette Rooney were selected for the Navan Town Council.

Caroline Lynch was selected for the Trim Town and Area.

I’m not sure about the other areas.

bcollins

The Labour Party Candidate for Navan Town Council is Anton MCCabe. Eileen Drew was selected last week to contest the County Council seat.

dbnavan

Nominations for FG Convention which takes place on Monday night for the Navan TC are

David Browne
Francies Deane
Adam Delahunt
Cllr John Duffy
Cllr Jim Holloway
Mairead Ruane

gulliblepleb

Sweeney will run for the County Council

Stephen Foley , Sarah Reilly and former Cllr. Shemie Grimes were all nominated at FG convention , rumour has it one off them might get out off the way and let Cllr. Ollie Sweeney run again if party can convince him to do so.??

Stephen Foley has dropped out of the Kells Town Council Race

which leaves FG with just two candidates

not dunny

FG Navan Town Ticket

Cllr John Duffy, Cllr Jim Holloway, David Browne and Francis Deane were selected to run for Fine Gael last night on the Navan Town Council Election.

bcollins

Stephen Foley has dropped out of the Kells Town Council Race

which leaves FG with just two candidates
This is a great pity. Stephen would have been a great Councillor.

johnnysack

According to the Meath Weekender, Cllrs Bryan Reilly, Sean Drew and AO Farrelly have recieved nominations for Kells Town Council alongside Frankie Lynch, Hubert Morris, Eddie Sheridan and Brendan Caffrey.
They may say goodbye to seat number 5 so....no woman, or young person...and they had Jess Olohan, Daniel Carry and Dunny as potentials only three weeks ago...disarray in the ranks it seems.....is this statement that Foley is pulling out true? If it is then it'll be the biggest mistake FG in Kells have made, and I know that that's hard to believe seen as they are an utter disaster as it is. Foley was realistically their only hope. Other two useless. So thats FF and FG in Kells after ballsin up their opportunity to gain a seat....Lab/SF/Ind will be delighted....no change at the council table so, 4 FF, 1 FG, 2 Lab, 1 SF and 1 Ind, only change will be Peter Caffrey gone, Frankie Lynch in. No one can say its going to be anyway different. Makes for a banal campaign

gulliblepleb

Fine Gael will run up to six Candidates in Kells

Grimes and O Reilly are already on the Ticket. Farrelly and Sweeney are likely to be added after the County Council nominations are out of the way.

A candidate will be selected from the North East of the town, as well as from the west of the Town.

Feed back from the Canvass is very good with a mood for change, the biggest danger is that FG would not have enough candidates in the Field to capitalise on the mood for change.

The Medical Card issue and the College Registration fees, unemployment, debt are comming up as huge issues.

not dunny

The six to run for FG in Kells are?

Are these the six to run for FG?

1.Sarah Reilly
2.Seamie Grimes
3.John Curran
4.Oliver Sweeny
5.John Callaghan
6.Padraig Shine

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies