• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Local Elections:Wicklow 2009

The Big Fella

Who is going to win? Who is going to lose? FF? FG? LAB? GR? SF? IND? INDFF? INDSF? OTHERS?

Predictions Please

NO PERSONAL LIFE COMMENTS PLEASE This is not the place for it.
Thank You
The Big Fella :cool:

Murra

Is the other Wicklow thread gone?

The Big Fella

Think so was not nice what was on it going knocking doors talk later

Murra

Bring yer brolly :D

LifeOfPie

Well the McManus heir to the seat reckons Lab can take 6 seats in Bray? What opinion poll has he been spoonfed?

Brayman

Well He is a certainty himself, John Byrne, Tracy O'Brien should also have a good chance because of the Egan vote but I think that the others will struggle.

LifeOfPie

So if your the son or daughter of a sitting councillor youre a certainty? Even if you have never raised your head or voice in any way for your town and community. we may be angry voters but not stupid, i expect every candidate to have at least made some contribution to the betterment of the area they contesting. the family legacy and inheritance of seats is partly to blame for the calibre of many of public reps (there are other reasons too but rant over!)

Murra

So if your the son or daughter of a sitting councillor youre a certainty? Even if you have never raised your head or voice in any way for your town and community. we may be angry voters but not stupid, i expect every candidate to have at least made some contribution to the betterment of the area they contesting. the family legacy and inheritance of seats is partly to blame for the calibre of many of public reps (there are other reasons too but rant over!)
Unfortunately the electorate very often go for familiar names rather than asking the candidates what they have done for their communities to deserve a vote. When I look at the candidates in my area, there are a great many of them who have done nothing. Managing a football team doesn't qualify anyone to sit on a council in my opinion - thats just something you do for a hobby, because you enjoy it. We have a candidate who is a developer for christs sake - why should anyone vote for him???

Matisse

Who is going to win? Who is going to lose? FF? FG? LAB? GR? SF? IND? INDFF? INDSF? OTHERS?

Predictions Please

Thank You
What the hell is INDSF?

DS-09

good thread

Craiced

Predictions Please

Thank You
You start. share some information, get some information.