• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Local Property Tax valuation guide now live

SKELLY

Check it out folks
https://lpt.revenue.ie/lpt-web/valuation-guide/index.htm

From a graphic design and useability point of view they picked the worst colors possible for the bands.
Still thou the color blind will be happy!

I note aswell that nowhere does this mention that this years tax will be double next year.

How much do you have to pay for the privilege of living in your own home?

Twin Towers

Check it out folks

From a graphic design and useability point of view they picked the worst colors possible for the bands.

I note aswell that nowhere does this mention that this years tax will be double next year.

The banding clearly discriminates against City dwellers. I'm Band 4 in Dublin and the other larger property in a rural location is Band 2.

The Old Woman

Check it out folks

New Simplified Irish Revenue Tax form

How much do you earn?

€__________

Send it to us.

Sign:___________________

Dublin 4

Detached Pre 2000: Foxrock Avenue - €500K to €550K...

D

Deleted member 17573

Apartments outside Dublin are overvalued. In most towns you'd be lucky to get 60/70k for a decent apartment but they're in Band 2 - they seem to have lumped them in with semi-detached houses.

Nemesiscorporation

Check it out folks

Thanks for that.

BD3

If you can find your house on the map and click on it, a popup will appear with the valuation band. So the colour shading is not really necessary.

Destiny's Soldier

No doubt there will be a lot of ribbing going on between folk for the tax band they fall into.

There are a few "Island" areas where all around them is a higher tax band except for where they live. That will lead to a lot of joking and banter. Where you live is such as dump you have a lower property tax etc.

commonman

We must pay the most tax in the world when this house tax comes in, every thing that moves is taxed even our sh1t. is taxed.

Prester Jim

My parents house is 350,000, a modest semi-detached.
Around the corner are houses which are detached, on average about twice the size and with much bigger gardens, they were going for big money and still are million plus.
These mansions are going for 400,000 evaluation in the site.
They had better sort this out or my pensioner retired hairdresser and equally small business owner retired father will be paying near the same property tax as consultants, othodontists, barristers and company directors on at the very least 10X their income.

retep

My parents house is 350,000, a modest semi-detached.
Around the corner are houses which are detached, on average about twice the size and with much bigger gardens, they were going for big money and still are million plus.
These mansions are going for 400,000 evaluation in the site.
They had better sort this out or my pensioner retired hairdresser and equally small business owner retired father will be paying near the same property tax as consultants, othodontists, barristers and company directors on at the very least 10X their income.
I tell ya, Only unveiled 2 hours and I can sense a form of property tax snobbery creeping in already!!!

wombat

I tell ya, Only unveiled 2 hours and I can sense a form of property tax snobbery creeping in already!!!
I doubt many will want to pay cash for their snobbery:lol:

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Just looking at a rural area with 3 different types of dwellings:

a). 32 roomed castle = Band 2.

b). 9 roomed dormer bungalow = Band 2.

c). 4 roomed cottage (hovel) = band 2.

Go figure, this is a terrible fiasco. just hand Europe all you have for this year.

Kev408

According to the website my house is worth Euro700,000. That's very odd because it's lost c.50% in value since 2007 which means I bought this property for about Euro1,400,000. Considering I still owe the credit union for a set of golf clubs I think I'd remember that particular purchase.

retep

I doubt many will want to pay cash for their snobbery:lol:
Granted, but if it deems their draughty uninsulated decrepit hovel is comparable in value to their neighbours plush mansion worth four times more, you can be sure some will be clambering to leverage whatever equity and additional financing that they can from that "official" valuation as opposed to the open market valuation, same as was done during the boom

Just looked at Cork. They have post-2000 detached houses immediately around the Lough in the 100K to 150K band despite several houses overlooking the Lough being priced three or four times higher than that. Yet a detached house just up the road in, er, slightly less genteel Togher is valued higher.

Serious fine-tuning needed.