Local Property Tax X2 (Or the keep RTE coked up fund)

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

So in the wisdom of the communications committee, they have decided that a fee will be applied no matter the status of the household, and secondly that it will be collected by Revenue.

Walks like a duck, how is it not a second property tax?

In light of recent revelations about RTE's abuse of Taxpayers money, are we now expected to be double taxed for a nepotistic bunch of biased wasters in Donnybrook?

Speaking at the launch of the report, committee chair Hildegarde Naughton TD (Fine Gael) said changes in communications technology and the rise of social media meant alternative channels were available to users without making any contribution towards the cost of quality(?!?) Irish and international content.
And of course, an expensive brainfart for the plebs to pay isn't complete without a Eamon Ryan of the rich peoples lobby:

Green Party leader Eamon Ryan said the report was being launched at short notice “because of the risk that the Dáil might fall” and as all the committee’s work could be lost.

Mr Ryan said it was now up to Minister for Communications Denis Naughten to act with similar urgency because the media were in real difficulty.
Again, the greens are thoroughly disconnected with the idea that low income earners might actually struggle to pay extra bills.

enuffisenuff

They can f*ck off

gleeful

Id happily pay a tax to fund journalism and local interest programming. What percentage of the TV tax goes on paying for US sitcom reruns and sports rights fees that would be shown elsewhere in any event?

Website
www.merrionstreet.ie
So in the wisdom of the communications committee, they have decided that a fee will be applied no matter the status of the household, and secondly that it will be collected by Revenue.

Walks like a duck, how is it not a second property tax?

In light of recent revelations about RTE's abuse of Taxpayers money, are we now expected to be double taxed for a nepotistic bunch of biased wasters in Donnybrook?

And of course, an expensive brainfart for the plebs to pay isn't complete without a Eamon Ryan of the rich peoples lobby:

Again, the greens are thoroughly disconnected with the idea that low income earners might actually struggle to pay extra bills.
If you obey the law and already pay the TV licence then nothing will change, revenue will become the collectors of the fee.

If you are a lawbreaker then I'm afraid you are fckued.

gleeful

If you obey the law and already pay the TV licence then nothing will change, revenue will become the collectors of the fee.

How about if you dont own a tv?

enuffisenuff

and if you currently don't have a tv and don't pay the licence and thus obey the law....in future you will have to pay for obeying the law?

Socratus O' Pericles

Revenue will break it down to monthly instalments. Pay your taxes, fund public services, quit whinging.

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

How about if you dont own a tv?
and if you currently don't have a tv and don't pay the licence and thus obey the law....in future you will have to pay for obeying the law?
Our dear King is a troll, but it is fun how easily he jacks in to the mainline of blueshirt thinking: "I can pay my bills easily, ergo everyone else can." - Kinda like a mental form of communism :lol:

General Urko

yeah an extension of the LPT is how it struck me!

Uganda

The answer is to oblige the providers of cable to - sky et al - to provide a service only on production of a current to licence.

gleeful

Probably 50% of the TV schedule on RTE is foreign made and bought in. How about we use tax to only fund production of Irish made shows and upload them to youtube or netflix. Close RTE as a broadcast station, sell that huge bit of land they have in D4 for housing.

enuffisenuff

Do you own a device that has access to media over the Internet, Radio or mobile phone?

You are in receipt of broadcast signals, this isn't free and you must pay for what you use.
utter bollocks

gleeful

Do you own a device that has access to media over the Internet, Radio or mobile phone?

You are in receipt of broadcast signals, this isn't free and you must pay for what you use.
About 3 billion people have internet connected devices able to receive RTE. Perhaps some of them even watch it. Should they all pay the TV license? Should I in Ireland pay every national TV license from every country because I use the internet?

enuffisenuff

So you want to keep getting stuff for free whilst the rest of law-abiding citizens pay their bills?
are you saying I don't obey the law..in what manner?

Website
www.merrionstreet.ie
About 3 billion people have internet connected devices able to receive RTE. Perhaps some of them even watch it. Should they all pay the TV license? Should I in Ireland pay every national TV license from every country because I use the internet?
If you live in Ireland and access media through the Internet or any other device then you should pay the licence.

If you access media from abroad then you are either using an illegal stream or finding ways to get around broadcasting regions.

Eitherway, stop thinking you should get it for free and pay like law abiding citizens do.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies