• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Loi 2018

The Rahenyite

The league fixtures for next season are out and it will all kick off on Friday 16th February 2018

Premier Division opening weekend

St Patrick's Athletic v Cork City
Bohemian FC V Shamrock Rovers
Dundalk FC V Bray Wanderers
Waterford FC V Derry City
Sligo Rovers V Limerick

First Division opening weekend

Galway United V Athlone Town
Cobh Ramblers v Longford Town
Drogheda United V Finn Harps
Cabinteely V Wexford FC
UCD V Shelbourne

The 2018 SSE Airtricity League Fixture List Has Been Released - Pundit Arena

Northsideman

The league fixtures for next season are out and it will all kick off on Friday 16th February 2018

Premier Division opening weekend

St Patrick's Athletic v Cork City
Bohemian FC V Shamrock Rovers
Dundalk FC V Bray Wanderers
Waterford FC V Derry City
Sligo Rovers V Limerick

First Division opening weekend

Galway United V Athlone Town
Cobh Ramblers v Longford Town
Drogheda United V Finn Harps
Cabinteely V Wexford FC
UCD V Shelbourne

The 2018 SSE Airtricity League Fixture List Has Been Released - Pundit Arena
SR will be along soon with his annual prediction that Bohs will be relegated.

The_SR

Different format this year. The top 4 will remain the top 4 and will do so for the medium term. Waterford will push to the top half. Bray will get obliterated week in week out and get relegated by a record margin. The rest will play out the nowhere slots.

Galway should gallop the first. Bohs or Limerick will win the relegation playoff V Drogs.

automaticforthepeople

Where's Cobh Ramblers on the list? Personally hope Waterford can stay up. A big club with a long tradition but tradition means nothing when it comes to any league.

The Rahenyite

Where's Cobh Ramblers on the list? Personally hope Waterford can stay up. A big club with a long tradition but tradition means nothing when it comes to any league.
What list? If you're referring to the fixtures in the OP they are in the first division fixtures list playing against Longford Town.

Alan Alda

Will be interesting to see how the new ten team format works out.
Bray :confused:

The_SR

Will be interesting to see how the new ten team format works out.
Bray :confused:
10 teams means on paper less dead rubber. With 4 European places and the next 2 in the Irn Bru cup that means in theory every team will have to something to play for all season. 7 of the teams are full time so standards should rise. However it does see familiarity and a Dublin and District league.

The Rahenyite

10 teams means on paper less dead rubber. With 4 European places and the next 2 in the Irn Bru cup that means in theory every team will have to something to play for all season. 7 of the teams are full time so standards should rise. However it does see familiarity and a Dublin and District league.
I prefer the 12 team league myself. 10 team league gets very boring playing each other 4 times a season, 6 or 7 times potentially including cup games and sometimes you end playing a team twice in a week. There were a lot of draws in the 10 team league too. Bohs drew 15 in 2004 and Pats drew 16 in 2003. Tried twice in the last 15 years and only done for 3 seasons on both occasions. I know you don't like the idea but if only they could bring in two new clubs so the Premier Division could be a 12 team and the First Division a 10 team because I can only imagine how bad the First Division is with 8 clubs playing each other 4 times a season!

cricket

Are Athlone Town certain to start ?
They seemed to be in chaos at the end of last season.

The_SR

Are Athlone Town certain to start ?
They seemed to be in chaos at the end of last season.
Wrong way round. Banished the demons and finished out the season nice and calmly.

The Rahenyite

Fuad Sule has left Bohs to join League 2 Barnet on an undisclosed fee. Good player but he's way too small to make it in England. Fella has no calves!

The_SR

PP outright.

Dundalk 11/8
Cork 6/4
Rovers 6/1
Derry 20/1
Waterford 25/1
SPA FC 25/1
Bray 40/1
Sligo 50/1
Limerick 66/1
Bohs 66/1

Broadly speaking that's how I think it will pan out.

General Urko

PP outright.

Dundalk 11/8
Cork 6/4
Rovers 6/1
Derry 20/1
Waterford 25/1
SPA FC 25/1
Bray 40/1
Sligo 50/1
Limerick 66/1
Bohs 66/1

AFAIK Bohs have never been relegated! And neither have Pats and they are a bit higher up, than I would expect.
Bray and Limerick are surely the most likely candidates for relegation!

The_SR

AFAIK Bohs have never been relegated! And neither have Pats and they are a bit higher up, than I would expect.
Bray and Limerick are surely the most likely candidates for relegation!
They were reelected more times than any other club before relegation. As of now I think Limericks are doomed. But I don't see anyone else worse than Bohs who I think will win a playoff.

The Rahenyite

Warren O'Hoara has left Bohs to join Brighton. Best of luck to him. A young defender with loads of potential.

ShoutingIsLeadership

PP outright.

Dundalk 11/8
Cork 6/4
Rovers 6/1
Derry 20/1
Waterford 25/1
SPA FC 25/1
Bray 40/1
Sligo 50/1
Limerick 66/1
Bohs 66/1

You said that my beloved Bray would be battered week in week out and relegated...hardly a 40/1 shot!

The Rahenyite

You said that my beloved Bray would be battered week in week out and relegated...hardly a 40/1 shot!
The guy always predicts Rovers to win the league and Bohs to get relegated and always fails on both fronts.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies