• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

LOL Kevin Kiely to seek Limerick FG nomination for Dail election

williewatch

Its a case of bad news & good news for the Limerick city electorate.

First the bad news.

According to tomorrows edition of the Limerick Post, Clr Kevin Kiely is to seek the FG nomination for the next general election. He is quoted extensively in the article. Limerick FF must be having a right good laugh.

But there is also some good news today for the Limerick electorate.

Clare's clr Cathal Crowe (Willie O'Dea's biggest, bestest, most loyal handmaiden) promised in this week's Clare Champion that he would never run for election in Limerick against his beloved Willie O'Dea.

"Councillor Crowe has pledged, however, that he would never contest a general election in Limerick East on the same ticket as Deputy Willie O’Dea.

Both have run clinics together in South-East Clare and almost adopted a joint approach when it came to dealing with some of the main political issues in the district.

“I am a Clare public representative and I am not going to run in a general election against Willie O’Dea."

"How may I serve thee Oh Lord. By the way, tough luck with that High Court evidence thing"

Last edited:

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
FG need a second city candidate as a "sweeper" esp. if Labour are running two city candidates. Given the "talent" that FG has in Limerick, Kiely is as good as any and better than most and certainly a lot better that the current mayor.

ymmek

According to tomorrows edition of the Limerick Post, Clr Kevin Kiely is to seek the FG nomination for the next general election. He is quoted extensively in the article. Limerick FF must be having a right good laugh.

FG need this like a hole in the head

At least Limerick voters had one bit of good news today when Clare's clr Cathal Crowe (Willie O'Dea's biggest, bestest, most loyal handmaiden) promised in this week's Clare Champion that he would never run for election in Limerick against his beloved Willie O'Dea.

"Councillor Crowe has pledged, however, that he would never contest a general election in Limerick East on the same ticket as Deputy Willie O’Dea.

Both have run clinics together in South-East Clare and almost adopted a joint approach when it came to dealing with some of the main political issues in the district.

“I am a Clare public representative and I am not going to run in a general election against Willie O’Dea."
Is it April 1st,jesus what a right pair of "gowls".

TonyBird

Hasnt it got more to do with his rabid Clare 'nationalism' , than his affection for O'Dea ? He despises Limerick and would probably quit politics if the boundary of his beloved Clare motherland was adjusted for common sense reasons .

making waves

Kiely always has been ambitious. It's a pity for him that his brains never quite matched his ambition.

Bobert

Well he made it to Mayor didnt he ? I wouldnt overestimate the intelligence of the average voter .
That's because the mayorship rotates...

TonyBird

That's because the mayorship rotates...
I appreciate that fact but he still got elected to council . He must have some 'political skills' . Lets face it , they are all pond life ,but maybe , just maybe, he is smarter than the average amoeba .

TommyO'Brien

FG need a second city candidate as a "sweeper" esp. if Labour are running two city candidates. Given the "talent" that FG has in Limerick, Kiely is as good as any and better than most and certainly a lot better that the current mayor.
Oh no.
The curse of a KeithM endorsement. :eek::eek::eek:

Keith is the Typhoid Mary of politics. An endorsement from him is the kiss of death.

• He endorsed the PDs in 2007. They bombed.
  • He then endorsed FF. They imploded.
  • He endorsed UKUP. They committed hari kiri.
If he praises Kiely then Kiely's career is as good as over. An endorsement by KeithM will kill it stone dead! petunia

Bobert

I appreciate that fact but he still got elected to council . He must have some 'political skills' . Lets face it , they are all pond life ,but maybe , just maybe, he is smarter than the average amoeba .
You may well think that but he did receive 878 votes in 2009... He didn't even top the poll FFS.

ElectionsIreland.org: 2009 Local - Limerick North First Preference Votes

Another nail in the current Local Government setup coffin ... a nice big 9" steel one in this case
Tell me about it. But off course no real change will happen until the Government gives local government real power and you and I know that that is never going to happen.

TonyBird

You may well think that but he did receive 878 votes in 2009... He didn't even top the poll FFS.
Indeed . I am not for one moment denying his mediocrity . I am merely observing his 'achievements' .
You and I may know he was not a real 'mayor '.
Yet he goes around the world at our expense as a representative of us . Its quite disgraceful really but I cant condemn him because all the other greedy sods in the council want to do exactly the same thing .

spotty

Oh no.
The curse of a KeithM endorsement. :eek::eek::eek:

Keith is the Typhoid Mary of politics. An endorsement from him is the kiss of death.

• He endorsed the PDs in 2007. They bombed.
  • He then endorsed FF. They imploded.
  • He endorsed UKUP. They committed hari kiri.
If he praises Kiely then Kiely's career is as good as over. An endorsement by KeithM will kill it stone dead! petunia
Spotty has noticed your signature? Are you leaving? Please tell Spotty you aren't.

Spotty might actually have to buy novels, instead of reading your posts :-(

Bobert

Indeed . I am not for one moment denying his mediocrity . I am merely observing his 'achievements' .
You and I may know he was not a real 'mayor '.
Yet he goes around the world at our expense as a representative of us . Its quite disgraceful really but I cant condemn him because all the other greedy sods in the council want to do exactly the same thing .
He's not even mediocre. I long for the day we have mediocre politicians in this country. He's just sub-par. He's not elected because he's clever or likeable nor is he particularly good at the role. He's elected because he knows that if he sends Mrs. O'Reilly a letter telling her he's fighting hard for her medical card then she's likely to vote for him. Same as with John and Mary Jones and their planning application. And off course you can condemn him. You can condemn them all. When the election rolls around just look at the selection on offer and if you can find a candidate who is not particularly well known and has never stood for office before but thinks that they can do a good job the vote for them and not some ************************************ with glossy leaflet and a smooth talking voice and swarms of canvassers because they are the ones in it for their own gain. The candidate you need to vote for is the one with the same problems and issues as you.

TonyBird

Spotty has noticed your signature? Are you leaving? Please tell Spotty you aren't.

Tonybird was wondering the exact same thing :eek:
Tonybird however is not so curious about spotty's sig .
It would lose some of its magic if it was explained :D

Bobert

HA! He'll be back under a different pseudonym. It'll be something like NotDevsWife or Outsider2011 or something as equally dull as his last few names.

Ah Well

HA! He'll be back under a different pseudonym. It'll be something like NotDevsWife or Outsider2011 or something as equally dull as his last few names.
Does Spotty consider themself to be a reincarnation of Bateman?

TonyBird

Seriously though , at the end of the day . As long as the present 'system' pertains , we are going to get mayors that quite literally as well as politically , resemble clowns .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAa8aICcZqA"]YouTube - Funny Clown Music (Loop)[/ame]

Last edited: