• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Longford-man-seeking-home-for-his-wife-and-six-children

GrainneDee

Longford man seeking home for his wife and six children

While Enda is making a laughing stock of himself in Croke Park this poor unfortunate father of 6 is homeless and squatting and the council in Longford have no house "to give him" , what is this country coming too ! House this man and his brothers , house them now .
They have a house to give him, he doesn't want it. He wants a house that suits him...

While the rest of us have to work to pay mortgages for the kind of house we can afford.

Jack O Neill

They have a house to give him, he doesn't want it. He wants a house that suits him...

While the rest of us have to work to pay mortgages for the kind of house we can afford.

Exactly , its not suitable , he deserves a suitable house

sadmal

midlander12

I'm sure we all 'deserve' a 'suitable' house - the difference is that most people don't have the Council 'offering' or 'giving' them a house, 'suitable' or otherwise. Oh, and most people don't have 6 children either, few can afford more than 2 or 3 these days.

HarshBuzz

Doyle is an intelligent, articulate and able-bodied man, but he has never had a job, something he attributes to his illiteracy.
“I’m unemployable. Disability, learning disability; reading and writing,” he says. “I’m on the disability. I’m getting €490 a week. That’s everything. You have to try to do your best with that few hundred you get.”
490 p/w is 25k a year. Free gratis.

And six kids. Really?

This man is entitled to a kick in the hole.

johnnypockets

He has been offered a 4 bed house for 42 quid a week. He won't take it. Must be great to be able to refuse offers like that. I thought there was meant to be a housing shortage. :roll:

subic

The poor poor man, him and da wife decide to have 6 childer and want us taxpayers to put a roof over their heads.

What has the country come to Joe?

Crazy horse 6

Another PR stunt coming from the media/establishment to keep the sheep fighting among themselves whilst they make off like bandits.

johnnypockets

The poor poor man, him and da wife decide to have 6 childer and want us taxpayers to put a roof over their heads.

What has the country come to Joe?
The sad thing is, most of the people paying for his 6 kids can only afford to have one or two themselves.

automaticforthepeople

Have you heard the likes of it? He complains the perfectly good house is beside the main road? Is it not the case that it makes good planning sense to site houses close to critical infrastructure that the local authority has invested in, like services such as roads?

johnnypockets

Have you heard the likes of it? He complains the perfectly good house is beside the main road? Is it not the case that it makes good planning sense to site houses close to critical infrastructure that the local authority has invested in, like services such as roads?
Imagine a traveller living near a road.

TiredOfBeingTired

This seems to be the cottage.
https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.6974536,-7.8216028,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKTWp8MgbTk2B6dqdHD7yjA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

The house is an extended, single-storey cottage surrounded on three sides by a working repair garage. It has no garden, front or rear, and there is no barrier of any description between the front of the house and the busy R397.
Family opts to squat after rejecting house offered by council
A few questions:
Why did Longford Council buy the house?

Which came first - the house or the garage?
If it was the garage, how did the house get planning permission?

Who were the previous owners and what happened them?

Last edited:

sadmal

He has been offered a 4 bed house for 42 quid a week. He won't take it. Must be great to be able to refuse offers like that. I thought there was meant to be a housing shortage. :roll:
Did you read why he refused it? It's on a main road and surrounded on three sides by a busy repair garage and right opposite another garage and shop. The house has no front or back gardens and he worried about the traffic both from the busy main road and cars using the garage.

As I said when i read the headline I too thought he had a cheek but the devil is often in the detail.

On a related issue he says he can't get work because he is illiterate, yet politicians and the Children's Rights Alliance refused to consider a link between school attendance and child benefit.

O

Oscurito

I thought the same until I read that the house offered by the council was surrounded on three sides by a repair garage and was literally feet from a very busy road.

Family opts to squat after rejecting house offered by council
And squatting is more suitable?

He could have taken it and then, in time, pointed out the problems and sought another one.

I know people who are reliant on local authorities for housing and if you play ball with them, they will be flexible.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies