• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Looking to set up a 1916 Society in Dublin

Tiocfaidh_Armani

I've been in touch with them and it would be down to me, and others, to set it up with the national organiser assisting. So if any republican in or around the Dublin area would like to join or assist please PM myself. It's a non-party political organisation so is open to anyone, regardless of political party affiliation, so long as you subscribe the ethos of the organisation.

I think it's a shame that in Dublin, the country's capital, we don't have a 1916 Society so hopefully we can change that and there's some good quality republicans already signed up but I think we need a few more before we could hold an inaugural meeting.

The website and email addreess is below for information on the organisation.

HOME - 1916 societies

dublin1916societies@gmail.com

Clanrickard

I've been in touch with them and it would be down to me, and others, to set it up with the national organiser assisting. So if any republican in or around the Dublin area would like to join or assist please PM myself. It's a non-party political organisation so is open to anyone, regardless of political party affiliation, so long as you subscribe the ethos of the organisation.

I think it's a shame that in Dublin, the country's capital, we don't have a 1916 Society so hopefully we can change that and there's some good quality republicans already signed up but I think we need a few more before we could hold an inaugural meeting.

HOME - 1916 societies

I don't want to be part of an organisation who sullies the great name of the men of 1916.

james5001

I don't want to be part of an organisation who sullies the great name of the men of 1916.
''It's a non-party political organisation''- Did you not see that part?

eoghanacht

Take a look around you, Irish society is still stuck in the early 20th century.

Wha, wha

Good luck with your endeavour ;)

neiphin

HOME - 1916 societies

http://www.facebook.com/savemoorestreetdublin

Clanrickard

''It's a non-party political organisation''- Did you not see that part?
Yeah I read that but then you read all the other shyte and you see that it is another dissident/provo/provisional astro turf movement.

neiphin

Yeah I read that but then you read all the other shyte and you see that it is another dissident/provo/provisional astro turf movement.
could you not make a suggestion , to some historical society, try something constructive
maybe educate him

drummed

That's about it really. The same cliched and weary guff as various others have been broadcasting forever at this stage.

eyelight

HOME - 1916 societies

Another club for republican scumbags and assorted IRA sympathisers to parade about the place.
Lots of banners in your gallery in memory of IRA "volunteers" such as William Price, or the "Loughshore Martyrs".

This country has suffered enough for the crimes of the 1916 terrorists.

james5001

Another club for republican scumbags and assorted IRA sympathisers to parade about the place.
Lots of banners in your gallery in memory of IRA "volunteers" such as William Price, or the "Loughshore Martyrs".

What nonsense.

RahenyFG

HOME - 1916 societies

Sounds like something I'd be interested in. Be in touch.

RahenyFG

It's because of 1916 that, even tho it may not be perfect, we live in a country that is free from British rule.

neiphin

harpsman

HOME - 1916 societies

Im a unionist and monarchist but Id like to join anyway as it is an important part of our history. That ok?

eyelight

It's because of 1916 that, even tho it may not be perfect, we live in a country that is free from British rule.
And don't we know it !

james5001

Nothing really changed though. Transfer of power from one centralised power to another. Not because of the fighters in 1916, but because of the actions of the Dail after independence.

james5001

Im a unionist and monarchist but Id like to join anyway as it is an important part of our history. That ok?
Why are you a monarchist, out of interest?