• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Lord Kilclooney aka John Taylor ex UUP describes Leo Varadkar as a typical Indian - racist ?

GDPR

Your view is fair enough.

I'm not Irish then according to this definition.

Tell me this though - say a UI does happen in the future and I end up in a bigger ROI - the united Ireland. If I still don't like it, even though it has happened, would I still not be Irish? I still wouldn't be "some sort of a united Ireland person".

I suppose that I'd be in a position similar to the position that the Eagle is currently in - the bigger ROI would count me as being Irish even though that's not what I would identify as.
Isnt this crap? You cant be Irish unless you believe in a UI. You cant be British unless you believe in Brexit.

Shoddy little authoritarians.

Beachcomber

That's a Nelson McCausland credo actually, which, paradoxically, is contradicted by his own Gaelic surname. :)
Some Irish nationalists must believe in it also though.

Or do they not accept that the Scoti existed?

Roisin3

It was more to do with Bloody Sunday but never mind you're nation is all a joke to you and Eagle.

I take it you've never been to the West of Ireland
But if I was a unionist from the North you’d be asking me what you could do to make the Republic of Ireland more appealing to me, such as abolish and ban the Catholic Church.

You assumed that because I’m a Catholic I must be an NR, yet at the same time you tried to lecture northerners on using Catholic or CNR in place of Irish citizen for someone who comes from the north.

Now as it turns out this is all because you’re a southern prod who hates the CC, and you probably have been made to feel less Irish by your southern country men and women.

Seriously, deal with your personal issues. Not my problem, I’m not your psychotherapist.

Beachcomber

Isnt this crap? You cant be Irish unless you believe in a UI. You cant be British unless you believe in Brexit.

Shoddy little authoritarians.

While it's odd I don't know that it's crap.

If it's what he believes then it's what he believes.

I'd say that the attitude is similar to all of those who haven't lived in a unique mix - one like NI. If you live safely in the solidly defined parts of countries then you have blunt rules that fail to take into account the complexity of places that do have to deal with unique mixes.

Thus someone from Cork will be like someone from London - they've never had to think about complexity (and have never had their identity challenged), and thus make blunt statements about people in NI.

Eire1976

But if I was a unionist from the North you’d be asking me what you could do to make the Republic of Ireland more appealing to me, such as abolish and ban the Catholic Church.

You assumed that because I’m a Catholic I must be an NR, yet at the same time you tried to lecture northerners on using Catholic or CNR in place of Irish citizen for someone who comes from the north.

Now as it turns out this is all because you’re a southern prod who hates the CC, and you probably have been made to feel less Irish by your southern country men and women.

Seriously, deal with your personal issues. Not my problem, I’m not your psychotherapist.
Glad you're able to take on a point made and see ways of solving the issue.

On you're own mate is your tactic and you wonder why that was the Irish states response to CNR's as you put it.

GDPR

While it's odd I don't know that it's crap.

If it's what he believes then it's what he believes.

I'd say that the attitude is similar to all of those who haven't lived in a unique mix - one like NI. If you live safely in the solidly defined parts of countries then you have blunt rules that fail to take into account the complexity of places that do have to deal with unique mixes.

Thus someone from Cork will be like someone from London - they've never had to think about complexity (and have never had their identity challenged), and thus make blunt statements about people in NI.
Londoners have to think about complexity everyday. Its is one of the most multi-racial, multicultural cities on the earth.

Anyone who spends their time gazing into the mirror and asking themselves "How X am I?" and "Am I more X than someone else?" has a problem alright. Its called narcissism.

Beachcomber

I am a unionist from NI, but I have no demand that the RC church would have to be banned for a UI to work.

The RC church would be free to exist, but its influence in the ROI would need to be eliminated.

Eire1976

I am a unionist from NI, but I have no demand that the RC church would have to be banned for a UI to work.

The RC church would be free to exist, but its influence in the ROI would need to be eliminated.
Mission complete on that front.

But the Irish are loathe to consign it to history, the Irish nation now are more protestant than most countries, I would say that Norway has more conservative and religious values than modern Ireland.

The young in Ireland have never heard anything but horror stories about the RCC of the past and yet it persists with communions and Conformations still part of the general culture. Beggers belief

Beachcomber

Londoners have to think about complexity everyday. Its is one of the most multi-racial, multicultural cities on the earth.

Anyone who spends their time gazing into the mirror and asking themselves "How X am I?" and "Am I more X than someone else?" has a problem alright. Its called narcissism.

What I meant was that Londoners have never had their British nationality (and the territory of London as part of the UK) seriously threatened.

Unlike the British in NI.

GDPR

What I meant was that Londoners have never had their British nationality (and the territory of London as part of the UK) seriously threatened.

Unlike the British in NI.
We are all British in NI and also Irish. Both citizenships, both identities. There is no special British. I have British citizenship and I am not a Prod or a Unionist.

You can pretend you are exclusively British or exclusively Irish, but in the UK you are a Paddy.

Roisin3

I'm asking you why they killed people because of their religion?

Why did a persons religion drive them to kill?

Could it be that Irish people are going around being referred to as Catholic nationalists and maybe Republicans for those who tick Irish on the census.
Because they hate Catholicism as much as they hate Irish.

Paisley’s Protestant Telegraph, Craig’s Protestant Parliament for a Protestant People, Chichester’s (who stole the O’Neill name, and him the moderate they threw in the dirt) “treat RCs with kindness and they will live like Protestants” ... are all evidence of the religious sectarian and religious hate nature of the loyalists.

You actually know nothing of the north and its history if you don’t know this.

The Ulster plantation was very different to plantations in other parts of Ireland. Try to get that through your head. Then you might actually have educated yourself a little and not look like such an imbecile.

raetsel

Some Irish nationalists must believe in it also though.

Or do they not accept that the Scoti existed?
I can't speak for anyone but me. I don't know a lot about the history of migration within Scotland other than that the Gaels occupied Dalriada in the West, and the Picts lived in the south and south east if I'm not mistaken. But as it became a unified state under the rule of a single king I'd be amazed if there wasn't a fair bit of integration and intermarriage, as they weren't at each other's throats for religious reasons. Anyone who believes in racial purity in Ireland is a fool considering that in the last 1000 years alone, the existing Celts were supplemented by Norsemen, Normans, English, Welsh, Scots, a scattering of Hugenots, Jews, recent Italians and maybe a few Armada sailors to round it off.

Eire1976

Paisley’s Protestant Telegraph, Craig’s Protestant Parliament for a Protestant People, Chichester’s (who stole the O’Neill name, and him the moderate they threw in the dirt) “treat RCs with kindness and they will live like Protestants” ... are all evidence of the religious sectarian and religious hate nature of the loyalists.

The Ulster plantation was very different to plantations in other parts of Ireland. Try to get that through your head. Then you might actually have educated yourself a little and not look like such an imbecile.
I know all about it, its called a rhetorical question to prove a point.

I wrote earlier that a loyalist would slit your throat to maintain NI under British rule for one day longer.

By allowing yourselves to be referred to by religion terms, you are reinforcing that hatred.

Do you not see the point or are you arrogantly ignoring?

Roisin3

I know all about it, its called a rhetorical question to prove a point.

By allowing yourselves to be referred to by religion terms, you are reinforcing that hatred.
Oh do f*ck off with your apologism for sectarian hate and murder.

Dumb ************************.

GDPR

Its amusing. Even if every Catholic in the North had converted to Protestantism, they would still have been Taigs.

That is how exclusive the religious identity was.

Eire1976

Oh do f*ck off with your apologism for sectarian hate and murder.

Dumb ************************.
You're an arrogant c u n t

By using their terms, you are allowing them to rule you

Stop being their fool

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies