• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Lord Laird loses party whip.

mindgames

Ulster Unionist peer Lord Laird has resigned his party's whip amid accusations that he agreed to carry out parliamentary work for payment.
BBC News - Lord Laird resigns whip over 'fake firm lobby offer'

"Having reviewed the video footage on the Daily Telegraph website and other media reporting of Lord Laird's engagement with alleged lobbyists, I telephoned his home this morning (Sunday) and as a result he has relinquished the party whip, pending the outcome of the review of his behaviour that he has already requested of the relevant authorities at Westminster," Mr Nesbitt said.

He told BBC Radio Ulster's Sunday Sequence: "Any sensible, right-minded person watching that video clip would form an opinion and that is not the opinion I would want for the Ulster Unionist Party.
Not even the panto season yet and we have more lords a leaping, then you can shake a big thorn stick at. petunia

Then again we will have to wait to see what the proper authorities at Westminster say.

(I can't start a thread, so what do you think of Ulster Skats cheerleader Laird?) Vivabrigada

Mickeymac

BBC News - Lord Laird resigns whip over 'fake firm lobby offer'

Not even the panto season yet and we have more lords a leaping, then you can shake a big thorn stick at. petunia

Then again we will have to wait to see what the proper authorities at Westminster say.

(I can't start a thread, so what do you think of Ulster Skats cheerleader Laird?) Vivabrigada

Onionists have been making issue over non-elected reps and have demanded punitive action be taken against them, what do they propose should happen to this piece of Lard?

theloner

Well and truly scooped it seems, video evidence too. Nice little golden egg position he has, milked 78,000 pounds in expenses in 2007/8, making him the most expensive peer, you'd think he'd splash out on decent suits with that money. No big loss to politics.

BBC News - Expense claims: Lord Laird most expensive peer

J

Johnny Boy

He's such a pompous, self-righteous b ollocks - couldn't happen to a nicer person.

"Lord Laird told the Panorama undercover team that he would help start an All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Fiji.
In the video, Lord Laird indicated that he would use the promise of a trip to Fiji as a "bribe" in order to get people to join the APPG. Undercover Reporter 1: Are we talking about getting ... this is a, a ... a chip to get us people on the APPG? Is that what you mean?"

Undercover Reporter 2: Or to help out, I guess ...?"

Lord Laird: It's a bri … I'll deny having said this, but it's a bribe."

Undercover reporter 1: "Right.""

The video of the clown in action is embarrassing stuff.

Video: Cash for questions: Lord Laird caught up in sting that forced Patrick Mercer to resign - Telegraph

Ren84

How many other unionist politicians have their snouts buried in the Westminster trough I wonder?

Northtipp

Not too sure on the source though, you Shinners wouldn't be having a meeting of minds with an "ultra-right-wing anti-Agreement unionist" like Dave Vance would you?
Brilliant.:) says the guys who's party have jumped on the bandwagon of Jim Allistair the ultimate anti GFa unionist. You couldn't make this stuff up. .

Did someone mention " meeting of minds" lol

Mickeymac

Not too sure on the source though, you Shinners wouldn't be having a meeting of minds with an "ultra-right-wing anti-Agreement unionist" like Dave Vance would you?

If you are last out of stoop headquarters don't forget to put those damn lights out, taxpayers subsidise you a$$holes far too much.

Thankfully you and your party are quite simply.........under the bus.