• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Love letter from Germany

McTell

Twitter
No
The ultimate virtue-signalling cringe, sez I. If germany wanted to keep them in the eu, they should not have invited in 1 million refugees without consulting the whole EU. That was the reason many voted for brexit.

Soooo, what kind of letter would we put together, begging the brits to give it one last chance?

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Brexit: High-profile Germans plead with UK to stay in EU - BBC News

Leading German figures have written to the UK asking it to stay in the EU.

The letter, published in the Times, is signed by 31 people, including the leader of the Christian Democratic Union - and likely successor to Angela Merkel - Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer and former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann.
They cited post-work pints and pantomime as beloved British habits.
But the UK's role in post-war Europe is the focus of the signatories calling for Britain to stay.

Catalpast

The ultimate virtue-signalling cringe, sez I. If germany wanted to keep them in the eu, they should not have invited in 1 million refugees without consulting the whole EU. That was the reason many voted for brexit.

Soooo, what kind of letter would we put together, begging the brits to give it one last chance?

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Brexit: High-profile Germans plead with UK to stay in EU - BBC News

Leading German figures have written to the UK asking it to stay in the EU.

The letter, published in the Times, is signed by 31 people, including the leader of the Christian Democratic Union - and likely successor to Angela Merkel - Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer and former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann.
They cited post-work pints and pantomime as beloved British habits.
But the UK's role in post-war Europe is the focus of the signatories calling for Britain to stay.

NINE TANKA!:confused2:

Catalpast

It's the Truth

Al that has changed is that Berlin realised after 1945 that they needed the Frogs to carry it of...

McDave

It's the Truth

Al that has changed is that Berlin realised after 1945 that they needed the Frogs to carry it of...
It’s your demented ‘truth’. In your tiny racist mind.

You obviously have no respect for democracy. Germany is one of the most democratic countries in Europe.

brughahaha

It’s your demented ‘truth’. In your tiny racist mind.

You obviously have no respect for democracy. Germany is one of the most democratic countries in Europe.
Its no more or less democratic than any other :roll:

FFS!!

McDave

Its no more or less democratic than any other :roll:

FFS!!

I’d group Germany with the Atlantic Western European democracies, which are in much better shape than many countries in Europe’s east and the Balkans. I stand over my statement.

brughahaha

Merkel's decision to allow in the huddled masses was the reason the Brits decided to bolt out of the EU.

Others things played a more significant role IMO
Freedom of movement internally in the EU (rather than refugees) and the treatment of Cameron on the subject by the EU , in a country always sceptical and distrustful of the French and Germans ( a distrust confirmed by De Gaulles ambush rejection of their first application to join) along with a brutal Remain campaign, all coming at a time of increased (Global) disillusionment with politics politicians and the Establishment lead to a perfect storm

brughahaha

I’d group Germany with the Atlantic Western European democracies, which are in much better shape than many countries in Europe’s east and the Balkans. I stand over my statement.
Stand over it all you like ...its utter bullsh!t

Its neither more or less democratic than any other European country

Your ridiculous Atlantic Western Democracies ( a term you clearly invented yourself ) is just smug racism dressed up as opinion ...or do you think Switzerland , not on the atlantic is "less democratic" ?

Twat!

hiding behind a poster

It's the Truth

Really, is that all that's changed? Well in that case you'll no doubt tell us where the extermination camps are, where the oppression and censorship are, and indeed where the millions of German soldiers are all over Europe.

Or you could just do everyone a favour and crawl back under your rock.

flavirostris

Nail on head in OP re. Germany's rash decision to open the doors, without consultation with 'partners'.

It was Merkel's utterly stupid decision wot won it ( brexit ).

Farage's poster was criticised but those images of mutti's migrants swayed many votes in the uk.

TweetyBird

And yet Merkel is still standing, still retains a powerful role in Europe and will in all likelihood outlast May. The letter is a little cringe but so what, a reminder that the UK still has friends.

hollandia

brughahaha

This is a terrible post, and despite suspicions of trolling I'm leaving it here to demonstrate the mentality of Irexiters.
yes 1 poster on a board represents absolutely everyone that disagrees with you ...well done ...up to your usual standard of binary stupidity :roll:

Casablanca

The wholesale vilification of Germany was demonstrated here during the 2008 crash because the Germans ran their economy in surplus and efficiently. Now it seems its terrible crime is to take in refugees which it is quite capable of supporting until such time as they fill the labour shortages coming down the tracks. The contradiction between taking in refugees and wanting a 4th Reich is lost on the posters who argue both points simultaneously.,