• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Love letter from Germany

Northsideman

Why the fnck would I answer deliberately dishonest trolling questions based on lies?

Are you actually like 5 years old or something?
Maybe because you said I should debate or fuk off?

Now I really think you are at the bottle.

SideysGhost

Maybe because you said I should debate or fuk off?

Now I really think you are at the bottle.
I'm not the one trolling the hell out of the thread with inane infantile nonsense. Shuuuu troll, shuuuu

Meanwhile, back in reality...apart from the link in the OP and the dubious spin on it put by McTell, is there any actual evidence that the EU is desperate for the UK to stay? Cos all I see is the EU being tired of the whole ridiculous pantomime, frustrated, resigned to No Deal, and being secretly happy that if that happens they'll never have to deal with UK politicians ever again.

Brexit: It's Time to Let the UK Go - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Northsideman

I'm not the one trolling the hell out of the thread with inane infantile nonsense. Shuuuu troll, shuuuu

Meanwhile, back in reality...apart from the link in the OP and the dubious spin on it put by McTell, is there any actual evidence that the EU is desperate for the UK to stay? Cos all I see is the EU being tired of the whole ridiculous pantomime, frustrated, resigned to No Deal, and being secretly happy that if that happens they'll never have to deal with UK politicians ever again.

Brexit: It's Time to Let the UK Go - SPIEGEL ONLINE
Drinking and flip flops is a dangerous combination, mind how you go.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Going back to the subject of the thread I wonder how many people now feel it was counter-productive for various actors within the EU to take such a belligerent attitude to the result of a referendum?

I don't think the various threats, demands for huge bills to be paid, interventions by wayward characters such as Juncker can have much of a benevolent effect on views towards Brussels in the UK.

Tactically it isn't such a great approach.

Imagine if there was a second referendum. And supposing the vote again is for Brexit. There is something of a political assumption that if there was a second vote it would be in favour of Remain. That is a hell of an assumption, politically.

It would also mean that the EU would have twice ignored the results of a popular referendum in member countries. How much does that speak for a future EU in terms of governance and political accountability?

The love letters would have been better received some years ago and tactically could have been better timed after all the abuse.

SideysGhost

Going back to the subject of the thread I wonder how many people now feel it was counter-productive for various actors within the EU to take such a belligerent attitude to the result of a referendum?.
This is a whiny Brexiteer fantasy and the exact opposite of what actually happened.

It was the UK that immediately erected a whole set of contradictory Red Lines that severely limited the parameters of any possible deal. And the UK that started the threats of not paying their bills and causing chaos in Ireland, very early in the process.

View attachment 1608

Between the UK's Red Lines and Cakeism (demanding to leave but still have the same or even better privileges than the actual membership) and bonkers UK demands that the EU essentially dismantle itself and abandon its core founding principles just because Britain is Special, we have ended up here. Not to mention the UK repeatedly agreeing to something only to immediately renege on it a matter of hours later.

The fault is entirely on the UK side, and the entire world knows it.

Brexiteers are in for a bit of a shock come April when the UKs actual position on the global stage is made clear.

McDave

You've been reading too many Cold War-era Tom Clancy novels again.

In the early days of the Cold War Germany was full of US troops because the Germans had been completely disarmed after 1945. By the 1980s the Bundeswehr had been re-armed and re-trained for defensive purposes, and were once again the troops the Soviet tank commanders feared going up against the most in any invasion scenario.

Given the erratic nature of US foreign policy the Germans have been, together with other EU countries, expanding their military spending since 2014 (note: before the arrival of the Orange Toddler). This spending is mostly going to European weapons manufacturers which is what has incensed the US - which assumed their military-industrial complex was going to make out like bandits from increased European defence spending.

On purely conventional terms a combined EU - even without the US and UK - may probably be a match for the Russians on the ground. The current Russian army is a pale shadow of the old Soviet ground forces, though they are gradually improving. Without the US/UK the EU would currently be at a disadvantage against the Russians in the air though, one of the primary impetuses behind the Eurofighter project.
Good post.

McDave

it's a mctell thread, it was designed as an alt-right play-pen of demented wibblling from the off, and that is precisely what it has turned out to be. As for my love letter to the uk...

"dear brit headbangers,

i don't want the uk to stay in the eu. I want you to fnck aff with your bonkers 19th century worldview, ridiculous antiquated toxic and dysfunctional political system, vile toxic media, crazed right-wing neoliberal voodoonomics, rampant racial superiority complex, delusions of grandeur, and slippery dishonest pikey attitude to negotiations where you are always looking for the short-term angle and feel it is your god-given right to change terms on a whim as soon as they are no longer "convenient".

Hand back the six and fnck aff, you feral swarm of pirate scum.

Chur,

sidey"
lol :)

McDave

This is a whiny Brexiteer fantasy and the exact opposite of what actually happened.

It was the UK that immediately erected a whole set of contradictory Red Lines that severely limited the parameters of any possible deal. And the UK that started the threats of not paying their bills and causing chaos in Ireland, very early in the process.

View attachment 1608

Between the UK's Red Lines and Cakeism (demanding to leave but still have the same or even better privileges than the actual membership) and bonkers UK demands that the EU essentially dismantle itself and abandon its core founding principles just because Britain is Special, we have ended up here. Not to mention the UK repeatedly agreeing to something only to immediately renege on it a matter of hours later.

The fault is entirely on the UK side, and the entire world knows it.

Brexiteers are in for a bit of a shock come April when the UKs actual position on the global stage is made clear.
Pithy.

TweetyBird

I think Sidey should be brought in by Barnier as the EUs direct liason to the UK and their media. I'm sure he/she would revel in being the next character to be singled out for attention by the UK rags, and would respond in kind and more. Really, it would be doing the British public a service.

brughahaha

they don't have to be thick to believe the lies, they just need to generally accept the rubbish they are fed by their newspapers and not do any due diligence on the EU themselves. If our media fed us a load of anti-EU guff for 40 years we would have otherwise educated and informed people accepting it because there was no-one to counter it. Plenty of lies have been told by the Irish media and taken in hook, line and sinker here. Just compare the news you get in the Indo/Sindo to reality or even RTE 6.1's version of a story to the reality and sit back and understand that a fair bulk of educated people in Ireland trusted those sources for decades.
And yet our media (and politicians) have fed us 40 years of unquestioning , uncritical lauding of the EU with absolutely no criticism or critical analysis whatsoever ...yet somehow that doesnt effect the narrative in Ireland

kettle pot black

Oh and you're wrong anyway , The Guardian and Independent (and IMO the BBC) that I know of, are and always have been pro EU ...yet there isnt a single EU critical broadcaster, newspaper or even journo in this country :roll:

But then this is P.ie ...its a Brexit thread ..so expecting anything approaching fact or balance is ridiculous ...venting fury and barely disguised racism are the order of the day

jimbohane

It’s your demented ‘truth’. In your tiny racist mind.

You obviously have no respect for democracy. Germany is one of the most democratic countries in Europe.
Do you honestly believe that Merkels policy of open borders and breaking the law by allowing in millions of uneducated sub Saharan migrants without first consulting and getting agreement from all the EU members states was democracy in action? It was the action of a dictator which has increased crime in Germany so much so that the media were instructed not to publish the country of origin or religion of those who are involved in rape and murder for fear of her actions causing a backlash from native Germans. The horrific rape spree by migrant on new years eve a couple of years ago being a prime example. Fortunately for us and unfortunately for her social media exposed the lies and now she is backtracking and saying that her policy on migration was a failure after far right parties in Germany gained substantially from her stupidity.

McTell

Twitter
No
//

//

Frankly, smart-alecks like you are the enemy of moderate, respectful, civilised discussion. Don’t get your hopes up over Brexit (if it ever happens), or Orban, or Le Pen.

I'm anti-all these 3. There's nothing wrong with the EU sticking to what worked - open borders. Too many orgs develop "mission creep".

But I'm also not happy at Selmayr's elevation. We hear a lot about how the EU is rules-based, and then when it comes to the in-crowd at the top, the rules can be forgotten. Sauce for the goose etc. It smacks of arrogance.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Latest on Martin Selmayr
Brussels acts to appease critics of Selmayr appointmentMEPs call for review of ‘coup-like’ Selmayr appointmentMartin Selmayr EU watchdog criticises promotion of Martin SelmayrOmbudsman says Brussels failed to follow correct procedure over appointment

brughahaha

I'm anti-all these 3. There's nothing wrong with the EU sticking to what worked - open borders. Too many orgs develop "mission creep".

But I'm also not happy at Selmayr's elevation. We hear a lot about how the EU is rules-based, and then when it comes to the in-crowd at the top, the rules can be forgotten. Sauce for the goose etc. It smacks of arrogance.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Latest on Martin Selmayr
Brussels acts to appease critics of Selmayr appointmentMEPs call for review of ‘coup-like’ Selmayr appointmentMartin Selmayr EU watchdog criticises promotion of Martin SelmayrOmbudsman says Brussels failed to follow correct procedure over appointment
But the tip of a very rotten iceberg
MEPs arriving at the end of the day but claiming the daily allowance
MEPs signing in at 7am on a Friday to claim a daily allowance of €320 before flying off........ btw revenue will only allow us plebs a max of €160 per diems but our politicians can get twice that.
Oh and that allowance is not inclusive of travel expenses ...they are paid separately

€320 a day in non travel expenses ....ka ching!

Its up their with their contribution free MEP pension which pays out at 63 ....no contributions and no waiting until 67 like us actual taxpayers

not just nice work ....but Ka-ching ka ching ka ching work if you can get it ...

Fury caught on film as MEPs 'sign in and slope off' - Telegraph

Court blocks request for access to MEPs’ expenses

The opaque world of MEPs’ expenses is cause for concern

But of course they only ever investigate anyone critical of the gravy train like le Pen or Farrage ...if you're an insider its fill your boots time!!!

Last edited:

Clanrickard

It’s your demented ‘truth’. In your tiny racist mind.

You obviously have no respect for democracy. Germany is one of the most democratic countries in Europe.
It isn't. Severe restrictions on freedom of speech and a very closed media.

SideysGhost

I think Sidey should be brought in by Barnier as the EUs direct liason to the UK and their media. I'm sure he/she would revel in being the next character to be singled out for attention by the UK rags, and would respond in kind and more. Really, it would be doing the British public a service.
While that would be great fun, and a job I'd take on with great relish, I know I'm not in any way diplomatic. You only put me in charge of negotiations if the company/country on the other end needs a massive whap in the face from the reality can. And sometime I do get wheeled out for that, to the great entertainment of all. It's one of those jokes at work

"So yeah at this stage Sidey is going to take the lead on the next meeting with these clowns"

"Fnck, it's got that that bad eh" :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'd have cut off all negotiations after they reneged on the Dec 2017 agreement the next day, and left them to stew. It's the only way to deal with pikey pirate rogue states/companies.

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I predict a great sea change in opinion in Ireland on the future of the EU. I can also tell you when exactly that will happen. Around the time that the EU announces it is going to have to overhaul the agricultural subsidy system, under pressure at World Trade Talks from China and the US.

It will be astonishing how quickly anti-EU sentiment will appear in spades after that.

TweetyBird

While that would be great fun, and a job I'd take on with great relish, I know I'm not in any way diplomatic. You only put me in charge of negotiations if the company/country on the other end needs a massive whap in the face from the reality can. And sometime I do get wheeled out for that, to the great entertainment of all. It's one of those jokes at work

"So yeah at this stage Sidey is going to take the lead on the next meeting with these clowns"

"Fnck, it's got that that bad eh" :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'd have cut off all negotiations after they reneged on the Dec 2017 agreement the next day, and left them to stew. It's the only way to deal with pikey pirate rogue states.
I jest of course but jaysus they really need a harsh dose of reality.

TweetyBird

I predict a great sea change in opinion in Ireland on the future of the EU. I can also tell you when exactly that will happen. Around the time that the EU announces it is going to have to overhaul the agricultural subsidy system, under pressure at World Trade Talks from China and the US.

It will be astonishing how quickly anti-EU sentiment will appear in spades after that.
It'll wax and wane depending on events. But even if one takes a cynical view it is better to be pissing in the tent than outside.