• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Love letter from Germany

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
The same was said about the British Empire. Which if we had remained inside means we would now be leaving the EU on 29th March ;)

toughbutfair

The wholesale vilification of Germany was demonstrated here during the 2008 crash because the Germans ran their economy in surplus and efficiently. Now it seems its terrible crime is to take in refugees which it is quite capable of supporting until such time as they fill the labour shortages coming down the tracks. The contradiction between taking in refugees and wanting a 4th Reich is lost on the posters who argue both points simultaneously.,
German institutions loaned huge sums of money to Irish banks, Germany did not run its economy well, it bullied smaller countries into bailing out our banks to stop a run on theirs . It pushed for the euro currency and for Greece to be in , so again not well run BUT having poor countries in it holds down the value of the Euro and makes exporting outside and inside the euro zone cheaper for an economy built on exporting. The Germans are ruling more effectively know than they were when they had Hitler.

brughahaha

German institutions loaned huge sums of money to Irish banks, Germany did not run its economy well, it bullied smaller countries into bailing out our banks to stop a run on theirs . It pushed for the euro currency and for Greece to be in , so again not well run BUT having poor countries in it holds down the value of the Euro and makes exporting outside and inside the euro zone cheaper for an economy built on exporting. The Germans are ruling more effectively know than they were when they had Hitler.
Yep , economic rather than military subjugation ...and the clowns sitting here paying top whack taxes for sh!te public services like health or our brutal public transport system and houses priced for Landlords and not workers can't see it

SideysGhost

The same was said about the British Empire. Which if we had remained inside means we would now be leaving the EU on 29th March ;)
I'm disappointed. You are clearly just trolling and being a bollix. This actually matters. As the attempted car bomb in Derry yesterday shows.

You might think it's all a big laugh but this is something that could actually cause a return to violence and my friends and family having to put up with a return to the old days.

If you, and Brexiteer champions like you, think this is all just a big laugh, then Go. Get. Fncked. you miserable scumbags.

Be funny seeing you chortling in 2 years time when the South Armagh boys are back in action blowing the fnck out of English Brexiteer cities. Fnck the lot of you.

You start this war again for no good reason, we will never stop.

You had one chance, ye fncking blew it. Now suck up the consequences, lawless pirate scum.

JimmyFoley

I'm disappointed. You are clearly just trolling and being a bollix. This actually matters. As the attempted car bomb in Derry yesterday shows.

You might think it's all a big laugh but this is something that could actually cause a return to violence and my friends and family having to put up with a return to the old days.

If you, and Brexiteer champions like you, think this is all just a big laugh, then Go. Get. Fncked. you miserable scumbags.

Be funny seeing you chortling in 2 years time when the South Armagh boys are back in action blowing the fnck out of English Brexiteer cities. Fnck the lot of you.

You had one chance, ye fncking blew it. Now suck up the consequences, lawless pirate scum.
:roflmao: Was it that Chinese lad you share a room with who introduced you to skag?

Northsideman

You do that all the time, lose the argument and then cry troll and get all abusive and hysterical, sign of a p!ss poor loser albeit a slightly amusing one.

Nipper

Yeah the British public are that thick, maybe they just looked around and didn't recognise it as British anymore.
Which Britain do they not recognise?

The one full of citizens from all ends of the Roman Empire

The one invaded and settled by the Irish in the north

The one invaded settled by the Dutch and Germans

The one invaded and settled by the Vikings

The one invaded and settled by the French descendants of Vikings

The one that used Polish immigrants to fight fascism ?

Northsideman

Which Britain do they not recognise?

The one full of citizens from all ends of the Roman Empire

The one invaded and settled by the Irish in the north

The one invaded settled by the Dutch and Germans

The one invaded and settled by the Vikings

The one invaded and settled by the French descendants of Vikings

The one that used Polish immigrants to fight fascism ?
Do what you should do, ask them, talk to them, then tell me.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No

I wouldn't call myself a Brexiteer champion. More a disinterested observer. As it happens Brexit is probably the one political occurrence I can recall which actually has the unionist community and nationalist communities in agreement on something- that Northern Ireland does not want to be outside the EU.

If you had told me ten to twenty years ago that there would be a political situation which saw northern Ireland unionists applying for a Republic of Ireland passport I'd have declared you utterly mad.

I'm in favour of reunification and I can see Brexit bringing that a hell of a lot closer.

JimmyFoley

You do that all the time, lose the argument and then cry troll and get all abusive and hysterical, sign of a p!ss poor loser albeit a slightly amusing one.
Strung out to bits. Drug addiction is terrible problem for people from NI.

SideysGhost

I'm in favour of reunification and I can see Brexit bringing that a hell of a lot closer.
Yeah, after a lot of dead people. Make no mistake, this Brexiteer nonsense will restart the war, cos Britain has reneged on almost all the terms of ithe peace. Therefore the peace is null and void.

We didn't want this. You fnckers insisted on it. What happens next is all on the Brexiteers.

Have fun with that.

Clanrickard

Yeah, after a lot of dead people. Make no mistake, this Brexiteer nonsense will restart the war, cos Britain has reneged on almost all the terms of ithe peace. Therefore the peace is null and void.

We didn't want this. You fnckers insisted on it. What happens next is all on the Brexiteers.

Have fun with that.
If troglodyte Provos start killing people it will be their fault and theirs Alone. Nothing to do with Brexit.l

recedite

Fair enough. I'm pro-EU, but really pro-EEC and the 4 freedoms. That worked very well.

All the stuff about a new army and a diplomatic corps is caesarism, and most of us agree that the ECB response to the 2008 crisis was not good for the euro-man in the street.

Suddenly the commission sees itself as more important and cleverer than 300m serfs, and now the 2nd richest member is leaving. But hey, albania is joining, so that's all right.
Good post.
So the letter should go...
Dear UK,
If we promise the EU will more like the EEC again, will you not leave?
No more Franco-German power grabs.
And we promise not to invite the whole third world again in again for party happy times.
We like panto now instead. Panto is harmless, and everything goes back to normal on Monday morning.

lots of love, Germany

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No

Have fun with that.
I haven't see anyone declare a war except yourself, Sidey. You are normally better than this.

Northsideman

Strung out to bits. Drug addiction is terrible problem for people from NI.
And some from Donegal as well but the media don't report it.

Fr Dougal

I wouldn't call myself a Brexiteer champion. More a disinterested observer. As it happens Brexit is probably the one political occurrence I can recall which actually has the unionist community and nationalist communities in agreement on something- that Northern Ireland does not want to be outside the EU.

If you had told me ten to twenty years ago that there would be a political situation which saw northern Ireland unionists applying for a Republic of Ireland passport I'd have declared you utterly mad.

So why do Sinn Fein etc oppose Brexit?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
So why do Sinn Fein etc oppose Brexit?
Most people in Northern Ireland would oppose Brexit I would say. They do know that Northern Ireland, like the Republic, needs to be within the EU for economic reasons alone.

There would be no dividend for Sinn Fein in supporting Brexit. Or being seen to be absent from Westminster but supporting the Tory right wing.

Quite apart from the ancient rule in nationalist circles that the union's political discomfort is the Irish nationalist's tickler.

JimmyFoley

Most people in Northern Ireland would oppose Brexit I would say. They do know that Northern Ireland, like the Republic, needs to be within the EU for economic reasons alone.
But they *would* be in the EU if there were a UI...

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Even older political rule being that if your opponent is busy machine-gunning his own feet off it would be an awful pity to interrupt him in his activities.