• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Low hanging fruit-CPSU to resist

B

birthday

Union to resist removal of 'bank time' - RT News
RTEs public service union correspondent covered the issue of abandoning the 'time of to go to the bank' for certain PS staff on the six one news.
Apparently, the CPSU are to resist pointing out that the move would unfairly target their members while pointing out that reform at higher levels must come first.
Is this a clever strategy to bring public attention to the disastrous and 'untouchable' management in the PS or a looming further PR disaster for this union?
Given that they received full pay for their go-slow in the passport office earlier in the year and later profited so handsomely from overtime to clear their own backlog, it is not surprising that they think they will be victorious on this one also.

hmmm

A wonderful place to make a stand. Well done the CPSU leadership, this will get the public out in support of the brave public sector worker.

TODevastated

absolute joke having a bank break to cash a cheque

when your money is giroed into your account

a pr disaster looming for the CPSU

Super8

I doubt most of them even knew they had that half hour until today.

B

birthday

absolute joke having a bank break to cash a cheque

when your money is giroed into your account

a pr disaster looming for the CPSU
It seems that they care little about PR.
The passport issue showed this and they subsequently creamed it in overtime.

Dreaded_Estate

If reform is going to be resisted down to the level of giving up half an hour of time off per week, or month then we are in serious trouble!

Samell

Pathetic! So this is the so called willingness to reform outdated work practices.

This rates alongside Syphilis and Sympathy in the dictionary of life for the CPSU.

They will get neither from me.

B

birthday

I thought I could even detect a hint of disbelief in the voice of RTEs Ingrid Miley, who normally seems to worship the ground that any PS union member walks on!

Casillas

What possible motivation could the CPSU have for resisting this change. What can be gained in the long-term, it smacks of short-sightedness and is a public-relations disaster.

dresden8

The CPSU should turf Horan out on his arse.

The PS unions roll over and play dead for a 14% pay cut but Horan goes on the warpath for 25 minutes a week?

At this stage he must be a government plant.

gijoe

I doubt if its Horan that is the blockage, more likely militant members on the Union executive.

I just could not believe my ears when this came on the news. I think it underlines what the government should do is cut pay, and tell when they deliver the productivity they will get it back. And if they want to strike/work to rule over it they will cut their even more the second time. There is no more tolerance for this messing among the public.

Twitter
kieranfromclon
It really is a sad day for our nation!

Given the changes some of us have already seen in our lives and the challenges ahead it seems as if the CPSU (and wait for the TEEU) want to have the uuwinnable battle...

Bring it on, it's time that we sorted these nutters out before the bring our country to its knees.

Ethan Edwards

This not about a poxy half hour a week the lower grades in the Civil Service get - its about the higher grades with massive salaries, bonuses, and all the perks and benifts people on this forum spit venom at constantly not giving up a thing in the name of reform. Not even the DOF can put a figure on how many people get this half hour or how much they will save if it is abolished so great reform there. Why do you think this little chestnut has been put out to the media, because the higher up's dont get it, if they did it would not be mentioned anywhere. This is all a ploy to hammer the little person public or private while the elite laugh and keep everthing. For Gods sake when will we stop buying into their crap and see we are being milked.

I thought I could even detect a hint of disbelief in the voice of RTEs Ingrid Miley, who normally seems to worship the ground that any PS union member walks on!
Bo***cks! Ingrid Miley like all the media over the last two years has done nothing but paint a black picture of the average PS worker. While never door stepping a Sec General and asking them about their overblown salaries and is it justified.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
It's an outrageous entitlement for the public-sector when EFT can transfer their salaries to their bank accounts anyway. Away with it I say.

Ethan Edwards

The PS unions roll over and play dead for a 14% pay cut but Horan goes on the warpath for 25 minutes a week?

At this stage he must be a government plant.
+1 I dont think he has long to go so his eye is on the next job, in some quango would be my guess.

Kevin Doyle

Given that they received full pay for their go-slow in the passport office earlier in the year and later profited so handsomely from overtime to clear their own backlog, it is not surprising that they think they will be victorious on this one also.
It wasnt a go-slow, it was a work to rule.

loner

A wonderful place to make a stand. Well done the CPSU leadership, this will get the public out in support of the brave public sector worker.
Silly clowns--what are they at?