• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Lower Age of Consent to Protect Child Abusers.

Seanie Lemass

Bill

what's a 'modern crime'?
she sounds like she's been sniffing her own farts

Mercurial

Assuming her views are being reported accurately, this is truly bizarre stuff.

Analyzer

shurr, in Ireland, we welcome child abusers, and they are very helpful to hotel chain.

As long as they come through Dublin airport dressed as businessmen, there is no detection. They can meet each other in town, exchange USB sticks, and all.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I think there should be open debate as to what the age of consent should be, hysterical short OPs like the above (oddly linking in abortion), do little to foster a debate on morality

Why is it that social conservatives are so poorly equipped to debate on the topics which seem to excite them the most ?

cYp

artfoley56

That apparently is the proposal of London Barrister who likens the persecution of 'old men' like Savile and Hall to repression of Soviet dissidents.

Said person, Barbara Hewson is leading advocate of greater liberalisation of abortion, by the way.

Legal chambers' 'shock' after human rights lawyer calls for age of consent to be lowered to 13 and an end to the 'persecution of old men' in wake of the Savile scandal | Mail Online
leaving aside the age of consent part of her paper, she makes some decent points

Seanie Lemass

I think there should be open debate as to what the age of consent should be, hysterical short OPs like the above (oddly linking in abortion), do little to foster a debate on morality

Why is it that social conservatives are so poorly equipped to debate on the topics which seem to excite them the most ?

cYp

You ought not be condescending to your intellectual superiors :)

Seemingly, she is unhappy with us.

spiked | Ireland’s cruel and unusual abortion law

Okay for oul fellas to ride 13 year olds of course .....

D

Deleted member 17573

cYp
Whatever about their social conservatism, what worries me more is the delusion that their 16 year old aren't shaggin' all around them.

shoneen

cYp
Right. If she had a "pro-life" history, people with be all over it. Something along the lines of "they want to protect children in the womb, but don't give a damn about them outside it ... etc. etc."

At least this woman is consistent - she doesn't seem to particularly care about them either inside or outside.

D

Dylan2010

Or they could go to the Vatican where the age of consent is 12!
now now thats mean , they in some way follow Italian law and for reasons which I couldnt be ar8ed remembering is not what you are suggesting

D

Deleted member 17573

now now thats mean , they in some way follow Italian law and for reasons which I couldnt be ar8ed remembering is not what you are suggesting
Not suggesting anything Dylan - merely stating a fact.

Ren84

What do you expect from a Spiked article? A bunch of ex Commies who used to lick the collective hole of the Ulster Unionists during the Troubles, their whole raison d'etre is to be as provocative and "edgy" as possible. The net result is that it makes them come across as quite bonkers. Our very own Damon is a big fan. He can tell you more about the pack of eejits.

shoneen

What do you expect from a Spiked article? A bunch of ex Commies who used to lick the collective hole of the Ulster Unionists during the Troubles, their whole raison d'etre is to be as provocative and "edgy" as possible. The net result is that it makes them come across as quite bonkers. Our very own Damon is a big fan. He can tell you more about the pack of eejits.
Of course kiddie-fiddling was quite respectable among certain left-wing groups in the 70s. Maybe it still has a certain cachet?

General Urko

There is a case for peer to peer age of consent e.g. 2 X 15 year olds! However a 45 year old riding a 15 year old is a lot different!
The general age of consent should be 16 for both boys and girls as in the UK. I think technically when the marriage age here was a disgraceful 16, the age of consent was still 17 in that case. Go figure that one!
17 is an obscenely high age of consent treshold in the modern world! And it's 18 in some US states.

Ren84

There is a case for peer to peer age of consent e.g. 2 X 15 year olds! However a 45 year old riding a 15 year old is a lot different!
The general age of consent should be 16 for both boys and girls as in the UK. I think technically when the marriage age here was a disgraceful 16, the age of consent was still 17 in that case. Go figure that one!
17 is an obscenely high age of consent treshold in the modern world! And it's 18 in some US states.
I can see the merit in lowering the age of consent down to 13, as long as both consenting are roughly the same age. Two 13 year olds having intercourse shouldn't be a crime. However someone, say, 20, should be prosecuted for having sex with a 13 year old.