• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Loyalist bullys threaten Alliance E Belfast Councillor

eskrimador

The question is, why did these people, believed to bve linked to the UVF by the victim, choose to threaten this woman?

Lara Mc Namee is a single young woman who lives on her own in east Belfast who has recieved such online abuse on her Facebook page that the police have advised the 27 year old single woman not to return home..

After a night of violence in the city, Alliance councillor Laura McNamee, 27, said she believed hardline loyalists who abused her on Facebook are linked to the Ulster Volunteer Force in east Belfast.

"I don't want to be indimiated but I am not stupid because I live on my own and if they are determined enough who knows what they would do? I really don't know when and if I can go back to my house as it's important to feel safe in your own home," she said."

So, why of all the SDLP, SF and other councillors must cowardly loyalists resort to attacking such a vunerable person?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/04/belfast-union-flag-councillor-threats

eskrimador

Member ListMilltown
Milltown
Politics.ie Regular
Add as Friend
Remove from Ignore List
Find latest posts
Find latest started threads
View Articles
Likes Received (32)
Likes Given (34)
Join Date 31st October 2012
Current Activity Viewing Thread Loyalist bullys threaten Alliance E Belfast Councillor
Last Activity Today 08:49 PM
0 Friends
Milltown has not made any friends yet
About MeFriends
Basic Information
Signature
Some great Troubles-related photos on this site - paul mcerlane photographer
Contact
This Pagehttp://www.politics.ie/members/40968.html
Statistics
Total Posts
Total Posts 0
Posts Per Day 0
General Information
Last Activity Today 08:49 PM
Current Activity Viewing Thread Loyalist bullys threaten Alliance E Belfast Councillor
Join Date 31st October 2012

I though Winkie had a milk round to do at this time of night?

eskrimador

So Winkie/Miltown, since we have your attention, why did you guys, apparently, threaten this young woman?

Fra_south_Derry

In a twisted kind of way this carry on will likely boost Alliance support come election time.

J

Johnny Boy

I see they are rioting in Carrickfergus and the Alliance office is reportedly on fire there.

eskrimador

In a twisted kind of way this carry on will likely boost Alliance support come election time.
I hope it does. The majority of decent people in E Belfast showed themselves when they rejected Robinson and the PUP last time

Fra_south_Derry

There is a protest tomorrow in Glengormley tomorrow as well outside David Fords office.

There will be some lovely uvf folk from Queens Park and Harmin no doubt.

vinoboy

There is a protest tomorrow in Glengormley tomorrow as well outside David Fords office.

There will be some lovely uvf folk from Queens Park and Harmin no doubt.
Queens Park is more UDA ,probably a contingent from the Coole getting teed up .

eskrimador

Belfast news ‏@Belfast_News Alliance Party have confirmed that protesting loyalist crowd have broken into their Carrickfergus office and set fire to it.

from Twitter
What a disgrace! For far too long, loyalists have been allowed to slip (in truth, they were purposely slipped) under the radar.

eskrimador

Barra Best ‏@barrabest
Baton rounds fired during trouble in #Carrickfergus tonight. Officers hurt. Fire in the West Street also

https://twitter.com/barrabest

Fra_south_Derry

Doubt it .
East Belfast is not the staunch loyalist place it used to be. Small but important changes starting to happen with middle classes moving in even catholics.

Loyalist yes but not the same numbers as years gone by.

InsideImDancing

Loyalism in crisis, protest after protest after protest, they seem to be protesting non-stop since June.

eskrimador

Ian James Parsley ‏@ianjamesparsley
Sickened by attack on democratic political party's office in Carrickfergus. Note also, there is a family living next door.

Ex celt

East Belfast is not the staunch loyalist place it used to be. Small but important changes starting to happen with middle classes moving in even catholics.

Loyalist yes but not the same numbers as years gone by.
DUP will win E Belfast back unfortunately.Robinson lost out last time due to the election's proximity to Iris' peccadilloes being exposed.
DUP is only party,other than Alliance,in NI that is on the up.Alliance,alas,will suffer electorally due to BCH non-issue.

J

Johnny Boy

Penalty to Celtic and they score! They be going bananas now............:)

james toney

DUP playing loyalists like a fiddle yet again.Neanderthals keep falling for it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies