• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Loyalists Dublin bound demanding removal of Tricolour!

b.a. baracus

joemac67

Wee Willie has outdone himself this time!

Loyalist flag protesters to target Oireachtas tricolour in Dublin - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

The fact that the Union Flag decision was made solely by the elected representatives of Belfast City Council (not the Pope, the Irish Government or the Dalai Lama) seems to have escaped him.

Still our UK tourist numbers are down and this could give them a welcome boost, couldn't it? :D

borntorum

They're not very clever, are they?

Although I'm delighted to see that we apparently now have a United Ireland

S

simeongrimes

“We understand that people may be upset that we are coming down to ask that their country’s flag be removed, but perhaps they will understand what it has been like for us.”
More bemused I'd say. The only concern I would have is that the Minister for Justice is on the ball and ensures this protest is allowed to proceed peacefully and that if any of our own scobies try to attack it they get a swift kick in the arse from the Gardai.

If a protest is allowed then it must be protected no matter how off-topic it may be.

b.a. baracus

They're not very clever, are they?

Although I'm delighted to see that we apparently now have a United Ireland
Wee Willie does have a bit of history in the stupid stakes. To give just one recent example: Wee Willie accused a school in the north of being a training ground for IRA terrorists for flying the Irish flag in its grounds, that was until somebody pointed out that it was in fact an Italian flag being flown as part of a school exchange programme.

Aindriu

The man is a total tool. I am sure that they will receive a warm welcome from some of our north inner city residents.

TimBuckII

Twitter
Yes I am
More bemused I'd say. The only concern I would have is that the Minister for Justice is on the ball and ensures this protest is allowed to proceed peacefully and that if any of our own scobies try to attack it they get a swift kick in the arse from the Gardai.

If a protest is allowed then it must be protected no matter how off-topic it may be.
I agree worry about the people that have done nothing first.

friendlyfire

He is worse than Kim Kardashian an absolute attention seeker.....get him on the X Factor singing the sash because he is some clown!

mahrud

The loyalists may have a point if they just asked for the orange part of the flag to be removed as the Irish govnt and most people here don't care -or like - the loyalist community.
(Mind you I'm not sure whether many people here like or care much about any community in the North)

Analyzer

No. The Tricolour is needed, to convince the sheep that they still have a sovereign republic. The nEU empire knows this well enough. Give them their superficial emblems of freedom, as they get programmed for a sheeplike existence.

Regards,
the not-Free state.

Catalpast

Nobody attacked them the last time they were in the Capital

Lain2016

Wee Willie has outdone himself this time!

Loyalist flag protesters to target Oireachtas tricolour in Dublin - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

The fact that the Union Flag decision was made solely by the elected representatives of Belfast City Council (not the Pope, the Irish Government or the Dalai Lama) seems to have escaped him.

Still our UK tourist numbers are down and this could give them a welcome boost, couldn't it? :D
If they all bring £1,000 spending money with them we'll send the Garda band to welcome them...home petunia

Aindriu

Windowshopper

Oh bless. Lets hope their spend some money,mind you, they will probably insist on paying in sterling but on a serious note their anger at the Taoiseach for demanding an inquiry into Pat Finucane's death is silly. The Taoiseach is well within his rights to ask the UK government to inquiry into the suspicious death of an Irish citizen which happened within the UK and which might have occurred with the connivance of members of the British security forces.

Last edited:

Aindriu

Oh bless. Lets hope their spend some money,mind you, they will probably insist on paying in sterling but on a serious note they anger at the Taoiseach for demanding an inquiry into Pat Finucane's death is silly. The Taoiseach is well within his rights to ask the UK government to inquiry into the suspicious death of an Irish citizen which happened within the UK and which might have occurred with the connivance of British security forces.
But they will argue that he was a British citizen as he was born in the north. As I said, he is a complete tool.