• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

loyalty to the Crown (half) :

McSlaggart

Loyalists who accept "paid advocacy" from foreign states and not caring how much they spent of the British tax money on boilers for their friends. Lets be clear “I stand to be corrected … it’s my understanding” that unionists are happy to screw over the country they are supposed to be loyal.

I have come to the conclusion that one cannot get any sense out of the Unionists parties. More to the point how the hell do you reach any sort of compromise? I do not think any compromise that lasts will work with unionism.

It is time that we reached for more drastic measures such as getting rid of the MLA's and giving the powers to local government.

Ian Paisley - Committee on Standards - House of Commons

Cash-for-ash fiasco: Northern Ireland's Enron on Craggy Island | UK news | The Guardian

michael-mcivor

Nobody would have joined the RUC UDR brit army unless they got a nice little earner from it at the end of the month- country did not matter- but the pay-check did-

seanof

Nobody would have joined the RUC UDR brit army unless they got a nice little earner from it at the end of the month- country did not matter- but the pay-check did-
I disagree. Members of those forces had licence to harrass, abuse and even kill nationalists with impunity. For many, the wages were merely a bonus.

between the bridges

Newsflush:- Shin flake rep admits that the Ra did the Northern Bank, moi tis shacked...

McSlaggart

The truth is one needs a police force. The problem in Northern Ireland was that the state did not trust its own citizens and chose to discriminate both directly and indirectly in having a balance in their security apparatus.

michael-mcivor

The truth is one needs a police force. The problem in Northern Ireland was that the state did not trust its own citizens and chose to discriminate both directly and indirectly in having a balance in their security apparatus.
And they are still at it when they chose to get rid of 50 50 recruiting which has left the PSNI now at about 80 per cent prod-

McSlaggart

And they are still at it when they chose to get rid of 50 50 recruiting which has left the PSNI now at about 80 per cent prod-
This is one of the most crazy things that urgently needs changed. The inability of the current PSNI to reach out and make an impact on the "nationalist" population needs to be urgently changed.

Mickeymac

This is one of the most crazy things that urgently needs changed. The inability of the current PSNI to reach out and make an impact on the "nationalist" population needs to be urgently changed.

Unity will resolve that imbalance thankfully.

PBP voter

Booby Sands lived in his own excrement.

FFS.

Meanwhile IRA leaders lived in mansions.

between the bridges

Vol Bobby Sands won the demands for his fellow POWs that he give his life for-
Mick do you think he gave his life for your average industry expense account?...

Newrybhoy

The only discrimination by the state was Patton's 50:50.

The jobs were open to anyone who could qualify for them.

hollandia

The only discrimination by the state was Patton's 50:50.

The jobs were open to anyone who could qualify for them.
Widespread discrimination against Catholics in RUC | The Independent

The document, Force Research Branch - survey of religious and political harassment and discrimination in the RUC, has just reached the hands of senior officers. There are already signs that they will take it seriously.

Ronnie Flanagan, the RUC Chief Constable said last night: "I am determined that religious harassment must be eliminated. The results of this survey will be fully considered, and we will put in place a range of measures through training, education and supervision to ensure that inappropriate language and behaviour is eliminated."
https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200203/ldjudgmt/jd030227/sham-1.htm

Nope. No discrimination. none whatsoever.

michael-mcivor

Mick do you think he gave his life for your average industry expense account?...
He give his life for the 5 demands which Thatcher conceded-despite lying that she would not to so- Vol Bobby Sands and the Hunger- Strikers turned the Iron Lady into putty and she never got over that defeat and died of failing nerves-

bang bang

Booby Sands lived in his own excrement.

FFS.

Meanwhile IRA leaders lived in mansions.
I find as I get older my tolerance for stupidity lessens, you really are an obnoxious little ************************.

sgtharper

He give his life for the 5 demands which Thatcher conceded-despite lying that she would not to so- Vol Bobby Sands and the Hunger- Strikers turned the Iron Lady into putty and she never got over that defeat and died of failing nerves-
Dougal, you've been warned before about fantasising, and saying aloud whatever weird stuff comes into your wee pointy head? Remember when you told us that in the UK they don't simply sack incompetent Civil Servants but murder them instead, by the score?
I really hoped you'd learnt something there, but it seems not.:rolleyes2:

raetsel

For a more comprehensive insight into the extent of discrimination the 1969 pamphlet "The Plain Truth" sets it out in further detail, particularly with regard to government sponsored discrimination. And now that they can't get away with it anymore it turns out that because of the difference in educational attainments young Protestants are now more likely to be unemployed than young Catholics and that is despite the fact that there are far fewer job opportunities west of the Bann. The myth of the lazy feenyun has been blown out of the water forever.
For the record the 1969 report recorded that in the professional and technical grades of the civil service at that time 209 Protestants were employed compared to 13 Catholics, while in the senior administrative grades the imbalance was 319 to just 23.
Discrimination was rampant yet liars like DT123 are still in denial. That is only the tip of the iceberg. The report records numerous other damning statistics. It's worth a read.

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/events/crights/pdfs/truth.pdf

michael-mcivor

Dougal, you've been warned before about fantasising, and saying aloud whatever weird stuff comes into your wee pointy head? Remember when you told us that in the UK they don't simply sack incompetent Civil Servants but murder them instead, by the score?
I really hoped you'd learnt something there, but it seems not.:rolleyes2:
your calling the head of RUC special branch and MI5 Foreign agents who died on the Mull of Kintyre ‘ Civil servents ‘ Lol- next you will be saying that thatcher did not give the 5 demands to Republican POWs- another blind brit lover is the sarge-

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies