LUAS ties to Israeli settlements

Dohville

As a corkman, I couldnt give a toss if Robert mugabe himself is operating the dublin trams.

Roll_On

The Luas has been one of the world's great success stories in modern light rail. Just because the company also gets contracts in countries that may or may not have done wrong in the past. Would you be against an Irish company getting a contract in Britain? China occupies Tibet, should we boycott companies just for operating in China(economic suicide)?

fluffykontbiscuits

The Luas has been one of the world's great success stories in modern light rail. Just because the company also gets contracts in countries that may or may not have done wrong in the past. Would you be against an Irish company getting a contract in Britain? China occupies Tibet, should we boycott companies just for operating in China(economic suicide)?
+1, I laugh at some of the Palestinian Solidarity supporters telling us to boycott this and that . Bottom line is most of them indirectly probably use products that could be tied to Israel if someone really tried! Its like six degrees of seperation!

ryson

Violia Transport are a wing of the same bunch that run Violia Water which also has a foot in Ireland in water billing for local authorities. It's a logo may turn up quite a lot under our Bilderberger/Globalist run regime you can expect .
Out side of any relationship with the Zionist entity, it is worth doing a web search on Violia Water to see how many disputes they've been in around the world over control of this most vital resource.

They incidentially are owned by the Rothschilds - a member of the said dynasty had the 1917 Balfour Declaration, which was actually a letter, addressed to them.

Last edited:

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
If one is going to "occupy" a territory then surely one should make it economically viable. The Palestinians must be delighted because when they get their independant state, it'll have some decent transport. I'd feel exactly the same way about the British building light rail in Belfast, regardless of what the UN's selectively applied morality thinks
I see this thread has put the cat among the Zionist pigeons. In fact, this infrastructure is only for the settlers. There are roads in the West Bank closed to non-Israelis, just as in Apartheid South Africa. As for the comment on Tibet: the legal position is that it's regarded as being part of China. And China doesn't have scores of UNSC Resolutions against its presence in Tibet, unlike Israeli with respect to the territories captured in 1967 e.g. 242. So again a bogus comparison.

Grumpy Jack

I see this thread has put the cat among the Zionist pigeons. In fact, this infrastructure is only for the settlers. There are roads in the West Bank closed to non-Israelis, just as in Apartheid South Africa. As for the comment on Tibet: the legal position is that it's regarded as being part of China. And China doesn't have scores of UNSC Resolutions against its presence in Tibet, unlike Israeli with respect to the territories captured in 1967 e.g. 242. So again a bogus comparison.
Dear God but you are deluded. Seriously, what colour is the sky in FTland?

No one cares but you.

Frankly, I couldn't care less if the IDF operated the Luas and Solel Boneh was building the Metro - and I doubt many others would care either as long as they can get around Dublin in the rain.

Of all the posters on P.ie, you are the only one who actually believes the crap they post interests or influences people. It doesn't.

FT, Adrian Cronauer put it best:
"You are in more need of a blowjob than any white man in history."
May I suggest a lady who can help - if you have around €1,200 a pop to spare...

Wayne Rooney cheats on pregnant wife Coleen with £1k-a-night prostitute - mirror.co.uk

fluffykontbiscuits

No one cares but you.

Frankly, I couldn't care less if the IDF operated the Luas and Solel Boneh was building the Metro - and I doubt many others would care either as long as they can get around Dublin in the rain.

Of all the posters on P.ie, you are the only one who actually believes the crap they post interests or influences people. It doesn't.

Wayne Rooney cheats on pregnant wife Coleen with £1k-a-night prostitute - mirror.co.uk

lol You made a very hungover man increase his headache with laughter ! :D

truthforsooth

Yet you are insistent that FT should stop making his (or her?) point - why?
I believe the crap that I post may be of interest to some people, and I also find that some other people want me to stop saying it. That tells me I'm probably saying something that's worth sharing (but that not everyone wants others to know about).
I, for one, am very interested in knowing when a company or other organisation is involved in activity that contributes to human misery, or profits from it.
So from me, your fellow concerned crapster, thanks for the heads up FT.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
I believe the crap that I post may be of interest to some people, and I also find that some other people want me to stop saying it. That tells me I'm probably saying something that's worth sharing (but that not everyone wants others to know about).
I, for one, am very interested in knowing when a company or other organisation is involved in activity that contributes to human misery, or profits from it.
+1

Grumpy Jack

Wise up and grow up.

Business is about making money - morals and ethics and concern for human rights really don't come into it.

If we start looking at every company, what they do, where they operate, how they operate, etc, in every sh1thole on earth through the prisms of morals and human rights, and then blacklist those we don't like, the global economy will unravel faster than you can say Anglo Irish Bank.

What is the obsession on P.ie with Israel?

By the same reasoning, companies operating in or from the USA, UK, Russia, China, India, should all be blacklisted.

USA and UK - Iraq and Afghanistan
Russia - Chechnya, Dagestan, South Ossetia, that list could go on forever
China - Tibet
India - Kashmir

Lets tell all their companies or companies from other countries, including Irish firms, that operate in all those countries to get the hell out of Ireland and take all their jobs, taxes and business with them cos we don't need them.

Then we can all marvel at the rest of the world laughing at us while we end up making the Palestinians look like Celtic Tiger Ireland.

Idiots like you and FT need to come into the real world.

And no the crap that you post is just as irrelevant as FT's - P.ie's resident Forrest Gump.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
Grumpy Jack said:
What is the obsession on P.ie with Israel?
The illegal occupation and the colonisation of the illegally-occupied land marks out Israel as a special-case - not to forget the offensive hypocrisy of pretending to be a liberal-democracy while denying Palestinians their self-determination and running Arab MPs out of the Knesset because they reject the Israeli Far Right's ludicrous pretensions as to who was to blame for the flotilla-massacre. Or the fact that Israel is 93rd out of 195 countries for press-freedom in the Reporters without Borders report. As for your argument that we should leave ethics out of this: tell that to Jewish victims of I.G. Farbens slave-labour camp at Monowitz. :roll:

jtbooker

I don't care how many palestinians are being oppressed so long as they can run the bloody Luas on time.
+1

I couldn't give the faintest of tosses about how many Arab children are being oppressed by the big bad wolf of Israel. Yawn. Let's get this Metro North built ffs!

And I suspect most share my indifference if the treatment of those deluded fools outside the GPO on a Saturday is anything to go by.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
I see the thread has already descended to the usual conspiracy theories - like, ohmigod, it's owned by rich Jews. As far as I can make out, Veolia is a French public company that, this year, one of the Rothschild private banks has expressed an interest this year in buying a share in. I can't see what exactly is so sinister about that.

Veolia Environment Israel Ltd.: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek

P.

truthforsooth

Wise up and grow up.
From the tone of your language, you're in no position to be telling anyone to grow up.

There is a now well-agreed definition of sustainability: that development must be beneficial on economic, social and environmental grounds - that is, all three at once. A company that focuses on profit to the detriment of people is eroding what economist Charles Handy calls "social capital", and a world economy that depends on exploitation or disrespect of human rights is simply not sustainable.

So. let's talk economics if you want, and if you can temper your tendency to be abusive, but if you're coming from a position of "I'm all right Jack", Jack, then that's no position at all.

jtbooker

No one cares but you.

Err...but FT is a homosexual? How is that going to work?

HaHa_U_Fools

On May 10th the elected members of Dublin City Council took the courageous step of calling on the City Manager (John Tierney) not to renew or sign contracts with Veolia. In 2008 the 'Council' (actually the City Manager not the elected councillors) extended the existing LUAS contract to 2014. It is imperative that Transdev's (with which Veolia is to merge) tender for the Metro-North service be denied and the LUAS contract not be renewed in 2014, given Veolia's collaboration with the Israeli Occupation through the construction and maintenance of transport networks and landfill in East Jerusalem and the West Bank. Write to City Manager John Tierney and the Rail Procurement Agency to make your views against awarding the Metro North contract to Veolia and the renewal of its LUAS contract. The situation is all the more pressing given Veolia's impending merger with Transdev, which is one of the final 2 tenderers for the Metro North contract.

Veolia's links to the illegal-settlements are as follows:

Jerusalem Light rail

In 2003, Veolia won a $500 million contract to build and maintain a light railway that will run across the city of Jerusalem, including occupied East Jerusalem and the illegal settlement in the West Bank. The light railway project violates international law, not only because it is built on occupied Palestinian land, but also because it is an extension of Israel's illegal settlement enterprise and the Apartheid Wall. Through its subsidiary Connex, in Israel, it is one of the companies in the CityPass consortium, contracted to operate the light rail project in Jerusalem. The project plays a key role in sustaining the illegal settlements and ensuring they became a permanent fixture upon Palestinian land, while at the same time maintaining a system of Apartheid that isolates Palestinians and limits their mobility.

Tovlan Landfill in occupied West bank

Through its subsidiary Veolia Environmental Services, it also owns and operates the Tovlan Landfill in the occupied
Jordan Valley, using captured Palestinian land and resources for the needs of the illegal Israeli settlements.

Bus services to the illegal settlements

Veolia's subsidiary, Connex, also operates regular bus services to Israeli settlements in the West Bank, including Beit Horon and Givat Ze'ev along road 443, which is an apartheid road. Palestinians are not allowed to travel on these buses or on these roads in their own occupied country.
You can include many of the IT, Pharma, Telecom, Banking etc multinationals here as in some way having links to Israel. Ireland’s overdependence on FDI has effectively made it a virtual Zionist vassal state. The wisdom in particular of allowing this to be the case in an area as potentially sensitive as telecommunications has to be drawn to question. Has the mainstream media ever raised this?

Roll_On

Jesus ****ing Christ what's with the hatin' on the jews? First of all FT you say that it's ok to buy from China because the UN approves of the Chinese occupation of Tibet?
You are (presumably) an adult and as such you are capable of differentiating between right and wrong with UN approval.

Of course the UN approves of the Chinese occupation of Tibet. They're hardly going to sanction such a major world power. In the 1970's in Northern Ireland, The UN done nothing to counteract British heavy handedness, because The UK was on the UN security council. Justice is something that powerful nations administer to weaker ones and not tother way round.
Just because Israel is a tiny country and has little global influence, it can be safely condemed by the UN. Also just because Israel might do wrong, is not Veola's fault.

Also your claim that this light rail project is "for the settlers" is absolute utter rubbish. You're claim that Muslims are forbidden from using Israeli roads is also rubbish. I'm an Irish person of Jewish decent, I've been to Israel before. There are Israeli muslims that live in Tel Aviv, and they intergrate seemlessly. They are glad to live in a country where they have jobs and are free from Sharia Law. They are also free to get on buses and drive on roads just as much as Jews are.

Grumpy Jack

Err...but FT is a homosexual? How is that going to work?
Cash is king - or Queen in this case - I'm sure Juicy Jenny won't care.

She can dress as a bloke - FT will never notice seeing as he misses everything else going on in the real world.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
Jesus ****ing Christ what's with the hatin' on the jews?
Israel is not "the Jews", as Norman Finkelstein and Noam Chomsky proven and accusations of anti-semitism where criticism of Israel's slaughter of the Palestinians is the last refuge of the scoundrel as you prove.
Also your claim that this light rail project is "for the settlers" is absolute utter rubbish.
It is part of the the process of making the settlements economically viable. As Jimmy Carter's book "Palestine:peace not Apartheid" mentions, the Israeli settlements (which are not part of Israel as you seem to ignorant to acknowledge) are connected by roads which Palestinians are forbidden to travel. It's the very essence of Apartheid.
You're claim that Muslims are forbidden from using Israeli roads is also rubbish.
I didn't say "Israeli roads" I said roads in the illegal West Bank settlements none of which are part of Israel.
I'm an Irish person of Jewish decent, I've been to Israel before.
OMG I would never have guessed. :rolleyes:

The reason the Irish support the Palestinians is because their situation is the same as ours under the Brits.
Just because Israel is a tiny country and has little global influence
That really takes the biscuit given how Israel dictates American foreign policy and how the entire American media villifies American public figures who criticise Israel as 'anti-semitic'. You obviously are not aware of the Office of Anti-Boycott Compliance which fines companies who boycott Israel. I can't think of a single other country that passes a law to protect one state from boycotts, potentially criminalising their own citizens who want nothing to do with bankrolling a warmongering Israel colonial regime. Warmongering regimes are not popular in this country and increasingly internationally and playing the victim when Israel is a nuclear power with an army of 400,000 and perhaps the world's second largest airforce and navy strains credulity to infinity and beyond. :roll:

Last edited:
Intel interfered in the Lisbon II referendum in case anybody forgot and without as much as a whimper from the establishment. Who runs who?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies