LUAS ties to Israeli settlements

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
DCC have their heads up their holes on this, seriously. If Vieola have a contract then they must have put in a competitive bid to secure it, an advantage to the tax and rates payers.

Now the company in question is doing business in an area where it breaks no EU, Irish or UN trade sanctions. So whats the criteria for companies doing business with Irish county councils? Arbitrarily make business judgements abroad relating to the provision of transport services to regions based on moral criteria that might be desirable to a bunch of low level council yahoos? Feckin backward nonsense and another piece of idiotic grandstanding from the morans who fill out Dublin County Councils chamber. YET AGAIN the little Napoleons of Dublin County Council are fluffing their own egos and image at the expense of their duty to the people who elected them and they are supposed to represent.

Lets have some names, at this stage more than a few of Dublin county councilors should be made famous for their idiocy. At the very least making these muppets famous for their chronic stupidity would give opponents who are prepared to do the job properly a better chance of defeating them on them at the next council ballot. These cretins are the products of the insular party system we have here, nothing more. They are little more teet sucking political brats playing a yard, awaiting their chance to get into the Dail with the help of party merit points and no clue about real politic and what they should be doing.

Sisyphus

Israel is carrying out a kind of apartheid against the Palestinians and the international community needs to show that this is not acceptable. Remember the West Bank is illegally occupied by Israel under international law. So if this company is doing business with the occupier, it is legitimate to boycott that company and bring pressure to bear on it.

Trampas

Israel is carrying out a kind of apartheid against the Palestinians and the international community needs to show that this is not acceptable. Remember the West Bank is illegally occupied by Israel under international law. So if this company is doing business with the occupier, it is legitimate to boycott that company and bring pressure to bear on it.

It won't happen.......but just keep shovin that stone.

Estragon

I've heard GlaxoSmithKline sell insulin to Israel as well, some of which is used in the settlements. I vote we stop using insulin.

Every time I think we've reached the bottom of the barrel with some posters they find a way a to drizzle further down.

Seeing as how this apparently took place in May, seeing as how there's no source offered which details this "courageous step" and looking at the past history of the OPer, I'd be inclined to think this is all make believe until I see something corroborating it.
You're the consummate right wing cúnt aren't you!

When I think of you, and you won't believe this, but the immediate impression that comes into my mind looks something like this...

A lovely fleshy bum!

Me and you and the people who run this site, well, we're bloody universes apart and to be quite honest, I'm thrilled about that.

Slán!

L'Chaim

The light rail system in Jerusalem is going to serve ALL the city's residents

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
The light rail system in Jerusalem is going to serve ALL the city's residents
East Jerusalem is not part of Israel.
UNSC Resolution 476 June 30 said:
legislative and administrative measures and actions taken by Israel, the occupying Power, which purport to alter the character and status of the Holy City of Jerusalem have no legal validity and constitute a flagrant violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention
The settlements are illegal in the West Bank and East Jerusalem under Resolutions including Article 465. There is no country on earth that has treated UNSC Resolutions and therefore International-Law with as much contempt as the State of Israel.

Last edited:

GreenBack

As a corkman, I couldnt give a toss if Robert mugabe himself is operating the dublin trams.
This is typical of a Zionist Corkonian, and encouraging dictatorship in mother Africa too. Hang your head in shame petunia

GreenBack

You're not using a computer with an intel chip then? or microsoft software?
List of companies of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you are feck off

brughahaha

It appears to me, as a former P.ie lurker, that you spend much time attacking "conspircay theories". Are you aware of Common Purpose being involved with Labour Party at all?
+1
Labour Party and SWP party banners supporting the viscous and appalling occupation of a people for 40 years and defending zionism a racist political ideology usually aligned with the far right in the US

Only in Ireland:rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing this out FT

The Dunnes Stores strikers received the same sort of abuse 30 years ago ... then everyone climbed aboard the bandwagon when Mandela was given the freedom of the City, you have to laugh .... some people are just slow learners :) see you at the Marwan Barghouti freedom of the city presentation in 2020

L'Chaim

East Jerusalem is not part of Israel.
And yet there are three stops in Shuafat, the Arab neighbourhood of East Jerusalem. And people can get on and off at whatever stops they like. This rail system is for all residents and visitors to Jerusalem. But hey, Israel is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't when it comes to people like you. If Israel built a rail system in Jerusalem and only serviced the Jewish population centres you'd be up in arms protesting about that too, saying they were discriminating against the Arabs.

This rail system is for all residents of Jerusalem and visitors to Jerusalem. Be happy for them instead of being offended by proxy

Last edited:

FutureTaoiseach

Website
And yet there are three stops in Shuafat, the Arab neighbourhood of East Jerusalem. This rail system is for all residents and visitors to Jerusalem. But hey, Israel is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't when it comes to people like you. If Israel built a rail system in Jerusalem and only serviced the Jewish population you'd be up in arms protesting about that too
Such infrastructure is intended to provide economic-foundations for colonisation, just like what China is doing with respect to rail-infrastructure connecting Tibet with China;s big cities. It is a fact that in the West Bank there exists road networks closed to Palestinians despite the fact that it is not part of Israel. The Zionists stole Palestinian land. Defeating someone in a war since 1945 does not entitle you to colonise it. Indeed colonisation is outlawed by the Fourth Geneva Convention. Is America colonising Iraq? :roll:

L'Chaim

Such infrastructure is intended to provide economic-foundations for colonisation, just like what China is doing with respect to rail-infrastructure connecting Tibet with China;s big cities. It is a fact that in the West Bank there exists road networks closed to Palestinians despite the fact that it is not part of Israel. The Zionists stole Palestinian land. Defeating someone in a war since 1945 does not entitle you to colonise it. Indeed colonisation is outlawed by the Fourth Geneva Convention. Is America colonising Iraq? :roll:
No it's not. It's supplying a rail system for all the residents of Jerusalem. It's been done by a foreign company that hopes to make money from all those residents and visitors who use it. Let the peace negotiations run their course on which state gets East Jerusalem, and let the residents of all of Jerusalem have their rail system to get around the city. Palestinians and Jews and everybody else who visits or lives in Jerusalem can use this rail system. Be happy about that instead of being insulted on behalf of some of them. As I said, when it comes to people like you, Israel is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't. I can just imagine your outrage if this company built a rail system that didn't service the Palestinian neighbourhoods of East Jerusalem. You would have an argument then, but you don't now. In fact your argument would suggest that you find it offensive that there is something in place where Jews and Arabs can mix. Stop being offended by proxy and be happy there's a rail system where Jews and Arabs can mix freely when they are getting around the city.

Now if only they'd get the rail system up and running. At the moment the city is in bits with the work being carried out on it. Finish the thing already

FutureTaoiseach

Website
Judea and Samaria.
Sudetenland you mean. :rolleyes:
L'Chaim said:
As I said, when it comes to people like you, Israel is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.
When Israel stops colonising other countries and resorting to war at the slightest provocation I will change my attitude to Israel. As things stand, I see worrying signs that it is sliding into authoritarianism in the way European countries did in the 1920s and 1930's. America only supports you because of all the Jesus-Freaks (who think Israel will cause the Second Coming' of Christ) and AIPAC bankrolling of Congress and Zionist control of the media.

L'Chaim

When Israel stops colonising other countries and resorting to war at the slightest provocation I will change my attitude to Israel. As things stand, I see worrying signs that it is sliding into authoritarianism in the way European countries did in the 1920s and 1930's. America only supports you because of all the Jesus-Freaks (who think Israel will cause the Second Coming' of Christ) and AIPAC bankrolling of Congress and Zionist control of the media.
Ah get over yourself! You do realise that there's already buses that service the light rail route. The rail sysytem is going to make travel around the city easier and ease congestion, that's all. You have that attitude a lot of Irish people have - the first response to progress is to say NO! And by the way, the company that's putting the rail syatem together is also building a similar rail system in Mecca. Where ever there's congestion they'll ease it and make a profit.

CookieMonster

I've stopped eating jerusalem artichokes.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
Ah get over yourself! You do realise that there's already buses that service the light rail route. The rail sysytem is going to make travel around the city easier and ease congestion, that's all. You have that attitude a lot of Irish people have - the first response to progress is to say NO! And by the way, the company that's putting the rail syatem together is also building a similar rail system in Mecca. Where ever there's congestion they'll ease it and make a profit.
And I suppose the settler-funded 'archaeology' team tunnelling under Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem (covered on BBC's Panorama some months ago and discussed here at the time) was about "progress" too was it? :rolleyes:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies