• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Lucinda Creighton says she's been let down by Enda, will quit if not made Minister

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
From yesterday's Star Sunday....

Blonde bombshell Lucinda Creighton has spoken of how she is ready to push girl power on Fine Gael and has told of her spats with the party's leader Enda Kenny.

In an explosive interview, the Dublin TD revealed that she gets frustrated by her life in politics. Lucinda (29) who was elected to the Dail in 2007 told Star Sunday

• How she felt "let down" by party leader Enda Kenny
  • She will quit politics if she doesn't become a cabinet minister
  • She does not approve of the way her party deals with the media

You can read the article in full here. (It's a photo using my iPhone, apologies for quality).

Last edited:

ManOfReason

This has to be made up - no politician could say something that stupid. :rolleyes:

He3

Lose Enda says Loose End Lucinda.

Clanrickard

Watching deadwood like Charlie Flanagan, Olwyn Enright and others get ahead I would imagine is very frustrating.

Ah it looks like in the cold light of day the man she placed all her faith in has let her down.

Wonder is she planning any type of revenge ?

Pat Mc Larnon

Nothing like the old keep your head down, do the hard work and eventually the benefits will come your way routine. Frustrated after 2 years in the Dail? Come off it.

dmc444

Thank you God! Ahh FG ahead in the polls no end in sight and now they start getting knives out! Brilliant.

I will say however, in fairness to Kenny- Lucinda should not be made a minister, she is only in the Dail three years and needs to pay her dues first. It would be a complete joke if Lucinda is made a Minister when some TDs in FG have stuck with that party through pretty tough times.

Also there are Party rooms and private meetings to have these discussions.

Cato

Not a clever move. There doesn't appear to be any heave against Enda on the cards for the foreseeable future, so burning her bridges with him does not seem to be a good idea. This tactic is also highly unlikely to result in her elevation to a senior position as it would give a license to every disgruntled backbench FGer to mouth off to the press.

Prester Jim

Thank you God! Ahh FG ahead in the polls no end in sight and now they start getting knives out! Brilliant.

I will say however, in fairness to Kenny- Lucinda should not be made a minister, she is only in the Dail three years and needs to pay her dues first. It would be a complete joke if Lucinda is made a Minister when some TDs in FG have stuck with that party through pretty tough times.

Also there are Party rooms and private meetings to have these discussions.
If she is a skilled administrator she should be made a minister. Just because you sat warming a seat longer than anyone else is not a reason to be made a minister. It is this attitude that still exists in teaching and is the reason for inadequate managers getting ahead of better but younger ones.
And what thick and thin? A TD lives a gilded life...

I agree it is idiotic that she and Deasy seem to be sharpening their knives now and thus putting themselves ahead of pragmatic party considerations. Both should be crushed for it.

G

Gimpanzee

Seeing as this is a tabloid, and there is usually a disconnect between the headlines and the content, does anyone know what she was asked and what she answered? Seems a bit far fetched tbh...

Prester Jim

Not a clever move. There doesn't appear to be any heave against Enda on the cards for the foreseeable future, so burning her bridges with him does not seem to be a good idea. This tactic is also highly unlikely to result in her elevation to a senior position as it would give a license to every disgruntled backbench FGer to mouth off to the press.
Agreed, Whatever about his shortcomings Kenny is not like Ahern and will not promote someone merely because they are loud and demanding.

Clanrickard

Nothing like the old keep your head down, do the hard work and eventually the benefits will come your way routine. .
So TDs should say nothing or as little as possible, continue fixing the potholes and writing the letters for people to get on housing lists and sooner or later you'll be the last man standing. It is that type of politics that has the country in a mess.

Eurocitizen

Arrogance personified is how I described some of my fellow FFers; we were in power so long some of our Ministers became arrogant.

Lucinda is only 2 years in the Dail and she is assuming that she should be a minister; she has so much to learn about politics.

Imagine if she was in a position to be a Minister and actually had her wish come true she would want to lead FG after 3 years a minister.
Firstly she and her party have to actually get into Government –“polls do not win elections Lucinda”

A week is a long time in Politics and we have two years to go before the next General election.

Arrogance personified x2 is how I would describe her comments. But in fairness to her she is bright and intelligent and I do not believe she actually said what is been reported.

mr_anderson

What happens when you get your desired ministerial post and have to face the concept of collective responsibility ?
Will you run to the papers whenever the cabinet takes a decision you, personally, do not agree with ?

Lucinda darling, you really need to learn when to shut up.