• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Lucinda.....I'm a Barrister..on PK

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
She is the most amazing piece of stupidity to listen to. Brian Hayes or Pascal Donaghue, Timmy Dooley, the list is near endless up to 166.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.

Cellach

She really wasted her money advertising on here didn't she..

laidback

She really wasted her money advertising on here didn't she..
she probably took it out of her expenses. they are allowed to advertise availability to constituents, clinics etc. So she wasted taxpayers money.

Analyzer

ger12

She gave a good interview overall. Hayes, Leo and Simon would want to watch her. She's well able.

SeanieFitz

i think she is a capable politician that seems to be willing to speak honestly and freely (as far as the party whip will allow). she is well educated, intelligent, ambitious and hard working, i thought she epitomises all that we would want in a politician.

Ryan Tubbs

It's a close run thing between her and Hayes for Ireland's worst politican.
See, I don't think you believe that at all. I just think that people have a massive gut aversion to young politicians who show any degree of articulacy and talent. Mary Lou McDonald and Averil Power, for example, also get way above their fair share of bile in comparison to their party leaders and older comrades.

Is it just that this website is packed with grumpy old men and people approaching middle age who are subconsciously jealous of the relative successes of people like Hayes, Creighton, McDonald, and others?

greengoose2

See, I don't think you believe that at all. I just think that people have a massive gut aversion to young politicians who show any degree of articulacy and talent. Mary Lou McDonald and Averil Power, for example, also get way above their fair share of bile in comparison to their party leaders and older comrades.

Is it just that this website is packed with grumpy old men and people approaching middle age who are subconsciously jealous of the relative successes of people like Hayes, Creighton, McDonald, and others?
I cannot thank you enough for that insightful explanation. Could you do similar for the silly kids who believe in Santa Claus?

Seanie Lemass

Just heard Lucinda, the Barrister, obviously not know the meaning of the well worn saying

"make haste slowly"

by replying to Pat that "we must ensure it is good quality hay!!"

Context was the legislation for the X case....

Hey...hey

Mmmm. Would your attitude to Lucinda have anything at all to do with her position on abortion legislation :)

Socratus O' Pericles

She is the most amazing piece of stupidity to listen to. Brian Hayes or Pascal Donaghue, Timmy Dooley, the list is near endless up to 166.

It also says a lot about our 3rd Level education system that dross like this can emerge from Trinners with a Law degree (LL.B.) , also she qualified as an Attorney at law for the state of New York but I suppose I'd need to know more to figure how much merit one needs to achieve that title.

Socratus O' Pericles

Thanks for that Tubbs.

Bea C

It seems you have not set your standards for politicians very high , but then again you are from kerry
Jesus, your razor wit knows no bounds...
I thought she came across very well, and I'm no Blueshirt.
Then again, being an articulate and headstrong woman, regardless of stance, automatically does qualify you as a loon.
(and no, while she deviled, I do not believe she ever officially practiced. But we'll still give her some credit for some legal knowledge).