Luke Ming Flannagan votes with UKIP against EU Parl motion seeking release of Russian political prisoners

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Luke Ming Flannagan votes with UKIP against EU Parl motion seeking release of Russian political prisoners

Luke, along with UKIP and France's Front national voted against a motion which had overwhelming support:

Full list of Members of the European Parliament who voted against the resolution on political prisoners in Russia – Russia and the Western Far Right: Tango Noir
On 14 June this year, the European Parliament adopted a resolution that, in particular, demanded “that the Russian authorities immediately and unconditionally release Oleg Sentsov and all other illegally detained Ukrainian citizens in Russia and on the Crimean peninsula”.

Oleg Sentsov is a Ukrainian film maker who lived in Crimea. He stayed there after Russia had annexed the Crimean peninsula; shortly after the annexation, Sentsov was arrested, forcibly “granted” a Russian citizenship, falsely charged with terrorist activities and sentenced to 20 years.

On 14 May 2018, Sentsov went on an indefinite hunger strike demanding to release all Ukrainian political prisoners held in Russia and Crimea – there are more than 70 of them. Sentsov is dying right now.

Out of 627 Members of the European Parliament (MEPs), 485 voted for the resolution, 76 voted against, and 66 abstained.
Interestingly the extremists of the Left & Right united - why does Luke have Putin-love ?

Might Luke have committed a few indiscretions that Putin's people know about ?

Cyp

GDPR

Special place in hell for the so-called Irish left.

They were nowhere when men and women were being tortured in Castlereagh.

Why is anyone surprised that Flanaghan wouldnt call for the release of political prisoners?

These people dont have any concept of the rule of law or the importance of individual human rights.

Strawberry

I suspect Luke Ming Flanagan is in the pay of a foreign power. Whether the British or the Russians I'm not sure, but I hope to god he gets the boot at the next election.

And to my horror I think I actually gave him a vote at the last election. 2nd or 3rd preference, can't really remember. He'll get nothing off me next time round.

ymmek

Why is anyone surprised that Flanaghan wouldnt call for the release of political prisoners?

These people dont have any concept of the rule of law or the importance of individual human rights.
I do not know exactly who you are referring to but i hope you not mean those who were convicted of terrorist charges invoving the the death and serious injury of people living in the island of ireland.

GDPR

He basically admitted in that tweet where he gets his money from.

God bless twitter, they always give themselves away.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
He basically admitted in that tweet where he gets his money from.

God bless twitter, they always give themselves away.
Luke is more the type who would be an old left idealist, amusingly the Primakov Doctrine would have had much attraction for him

Ideals, then some compromise would be a typical path

Cyp

valamhic

So you are a provo sympathizer? Their decedents Sinn Fein last week announced they hoped to form a left wing government.

All your posts else where are leftist in the extreme. You support crooked Hillary and spout hatred of Trump for enforcing immigration law. This man's sentence was harsh by western standards, but he opposed the invasion of the Russian army into his country which is a faster process (but the same process) as the migration into Europe and the USA. You can't have it both ways.

cricket

Still can't figure why Flanagan voted the way he did.
Was he smoking something funny at the time ?

Hitchcock

Luke, along with UKIP and France's Front national voted against a motion which had overwhelming support:

Full list of Members of the European Parliament who voted against the resolution on political prisoners in Russia – Russia and the Western Far Right: Tango Noir

Interestingly the extremists of the Left & Right united - why does Luke have Putin-love ?

Might Luke have committed a few indiscretions that Putin's people know about ?

Cyp
The fact that he voted the same way as UKIP isn't really an issue beyond a click bait thread title.

I'd like to hear his reasoning for his vote which is more important.

Verhofstadt

Website
Last edited:

benroe

Hes probably just bored, I mean he has no power, the euro parliament has no power and Putin could give a ************************e.

hollandia

I do not know exactly who you are referring to but i hope you not mean those who were convicted of terrorist charges invoving the the death and serious injury of people living in the island of ireland.
So you are a provo sympathizer? Their decedents Sinn Fein last week announced they hoped to form a left wing government.

All your posts else where are leftist in the extreme. You support crooked Hillary and spout hatred of Trump for enforcing immigration law. This man's sentence was harsh by western standards, but he opposed the invasion of the Russian army into his country which is a faster process (but the same process) as the migration into Europe and the USA. You can't have it both ways.
1) Ymmek - it's clear you do not know the people EOTN is referring to. There were plenty held, and tortured in Castlereagh who were not involved. I'm assuming your precious labour party were not in the least bit concerned about the case of the hooded men? At least even FG got off their backsides and tried.

2) Val - stay off the wacky tobaccy, m'kay?

NativeWildCat

Well it is.

What kind of slut is he, that he doesnt put his left wing principles to work and say "This man is in prison, quite possibly being appallingly abused, because the Russian state has it in for him?"

Ledtwing my arse.
Erm, I would have thought locking up political opponents on frivolous charges was a key part of being way out on the left...

petaljam

The "being tortured" bit doesn't ring any alarm bells?

FWIW it was often entirely random - my then teenage uncle was arrested because his older brother wasn't home when they came looking for him, and his crime was having been photographed at a peaceful but illegal civil rights march. But even if you think it's fine to interrogate a terrorist, or even a civil rights protester using torture methods (I don't - soft of me, I guess) how is it ok to do it to his 17 year old brother?

Hitchcock

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies